Player bounty boards (PVP)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@vengu lore wise a beastmen would never scam another but lore vs what happens in game will be different.

Doesn't change the fact that a bounty system wouldn't fit Arboreus.

@Finland how will scams be reduced within the beastkin community is a bounty can't be placed on them? How will a scammer be punished (outside of DS) by the community. At best you spam chat saying player xxx is a scammer don't trade. then that player just changes characters. It's possible that a max amount could be placed on a good aligned character then after so much is placed the NPC guards could carry out the sentence or the player can be exiled.

Such thing can easily be abused. If I don't like a player, I can simply put enough bounties on them to force them off the planet.

@Miffi I agree that if i'm not watching the trade carefully then it's my fault (assuming i'm being scammed). You played BDO knowing you could be ganked right and that it was part of the game. That's how I see Fractured. If you're outside of any protection (cities, villages, etc) then you should expect a pvp encounter. it's like being in a war and not expecting bombs to be dropped or guns to be fired or IDE hidden under the surface. @Finland this applies to you also.

This is not how Fractured works, atleast not on Arboreus. If you want to be able to gank everyone and everywhere, I don't think Fractured is the right game for you.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland can be broken. or a guild may seem good up front, but scam you later on.

@Vengu it can be setup so 1 player is limited on the total bounty of that player. ie it takes 1m bounty to be exiled and each account can place 1 total.

But I can port to Arboreus and slay there. it's part of the game mechanics.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah Look at eve alone arguable one of the longest running bounty boards its either a joke by people making their own bounties or people trolling others.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

The bounty system can have pros and cons. It can work well as long as players do not abuse the system by finding ways to cash in on their own bounties, or having their friends do so.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

As far as i'm concerned, a game/story without drama is bland, dull, (please insert a plethora of uninteresting adjectives here). Most theme park games solve this issue with villains. In a sandbox, some players must role play and create the drama themselves. Become the villains! Otherwise, the game will die off quite fast. In order to have villain players, they MUST have instruments at their disposal to do so. Without such instruments, their efforts will be meaningless. The beastmen will afk farm forever. PvP-ers will dash it out in "arena worlds" until everyone gets bored. So i say... sure have bounties, and have 'em impact your alignment. Have all sorts of crimes and have them impact your alignment as well. Have earning good alignment be really hard and require consistence... while a single crime turn you to slight evil in an instance as t is in the real world. Have the world react to it. Have players organize militia to protect themselves from grievers. It's easy to spot them... they are evil aligned.
    As far as fool loot and ganging gatherers is concerned, i'd solve this by having the gathered materials be carried by very slow carts, not in personal inventories. Stealing them would instantly mark you as evil aligned so any guards or other players that see you, know you stole those goods and can kill you and bring those goods to the town guards for a reward. The owner can subsequently get the goods from there, minus the reward. This would leave the griever with an option to risk a really long and perilous journey to the stargate, and then to a planet where he can actually put the stolen goods to use, thus greatly discouraging the grievers everyone complains. Still some people might take the role of the villain and challenge everyone else to interesting adventures.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@darian rage quits makes a game die 😉 if you will allowed to put bounties on players just for fun those will quit the game! Players that enjoy joke/hurt others are just a small niche part. I will be happy if we lose hem. Moslty of them will come form eve and then they will move back there 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@finland said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@darian rage quits makes a game die 😉 if you will allowed to put bounties on players just for fun those will quit the game! Players that enjoy joke/hurt others are just a small niche part. I will be happy if we lose hem. Moslty of them will come form eve and then they will move back there 😉

lmao @findland; you wink way too much.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ifritth I have a tic 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

On the topic of Scams, I fully agree with @Jetah on this. First of all, we need to clearly defy what you mean by a scam. As long as it is done using the tools provided by the devs and not in a way that utilises unforeseen exploits, then its okay.

This is a role-playing game, the character you are controlling lives in this digital world. Just like ours, there will be people that are cunning, those that will cheat you while during deals; those that will take advantage of you while climbing to the top. All of that is fine within the confines of the game world. Basically, don't be a sucker.
    If you do get duped in-game, it's up to you to look for your justice. Be it bounties or endless ganks. Personally, I feel almost anything goes as long as it is ''cheating'' or taken out of the game and brought into the real world.

Also, bounties, if any should be applicable to all races IMO. Maybe that can be tied in with an in-game jail system to turn things another notch.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Not so hard.

1. They need to put an accound user list not an hero list so you can check is up on alts.
    2. A mac address checking system that will count how many active accouts are up for that address and showing the counter to the accout profile. So guilds can avoid players with multiple accounts or with chars splitted outside the guild.

@finland said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

Not so hard.

1. They need to put an accound user list not an hero list so you can check is up on alts.
    2. A mac address checking system that will count how many active accouts are up for that address and showing the counter to the accout profile. So guilds can avoid players with multiple accounts or with chars splitted outside the guild.

mac address can be spoofed, as i mentioned in the goldspam thread. i don't like people knowing if i have multiple accounts, maybe i want a beast account that's chill and insta logs when an invasion happens. maybe I want a character in one guild and another character in another. although i do enjoy having all my characters automatically in a guild but this is a sandbox and i enjoy the option of a spy even if it takes a second account.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I want avoid spy players 😉

@finland

can't. I can vpn to bypass IP checks, I can use a virtual machine to bypass hardware ID, i can use any of the free email services for an account.

@jetah Lol, in the same way you dont like people knowing you have multiple accounts, most people dont like not knowing people have multiple accounts. Preference doesnt change that having multiple accounts ruins the whole point of being a character in a game world.

@miffi said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@jetah Lol, in the same way you dont like people knowing you have multiple accounts, most people dont like not knowing people have multiple accounts. Preference doesnt change that having multiple accounts ruins the whole point of being a character in a game world.

so no alts?

in a game like WoW or Diablo 3, i dont mind all my characters on the account being in the same guild but in a sandbox full loot with spies and espionage as a profession, I don't like it.

@jetah You can have alts, just in the same race. If you want to be a spy you need to play the part. Get a redeemed demon or a renegade beastkin. Its shouldnt be as easy as 'switching accounts/characters' to be a spy lol.

• Community Manager

@miffi Your account isn't locked to one race. It's possible to have characters of different races on one account. 😉

@specter said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@miffi Your account isn't locked to one race. It's possible to have characters of different races on one account. 😉

Ah, I see. Personally don't like that feature but I'm not the dev's so lol!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@miffi said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

so no alts?

in a game like WoW or Diablo 3, i dont mind all my characters on the account being in the same guild but in a sandbox full loot with spies and espionage as a profession, I don't like it.

That's the point! I really don't like that kind of attitude. I have seen top guilds in albion beeing destroyed cause of spy/scammers. In the end those guild players vanished by quittin the game. In the end will remain just one guild, with that attitude around. And then? Bye bye game! We go back there always! A fair system to make everyone happy? Or a game that allowe those kind of things? Sneaky/sly people ruins the games (ban hammer should be a solution)

@finland

Eve Online has no problem with spys, Fractured shouldn't also. Who's to say people aren't using skype, discord, etc to relay info anyways. Espionage is apart of war and full loot pvp is war. War has tactics, spies are tactics. I'd venture a guess that the people left because they weren't 'top guild' any more. Actually a sandbox game doesn't want top guilds or alliances and things should be done to break them apart without the developers stepping in to break it.

if you ban someone they'll just buy another account or move on. Bans don't solve everything in a game.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured