PvP Fight Duration

• Content Creator

Currently fights can end in less than 6 seconds which is the duration of a silence.

The outcome of a fight can be determined in a blink of an eye which really removes all player skill from the fight.

I personally think that we need to have differing survivability for PvE vs PvP so adjusting one does not adjust the other.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Nekrage who told you that? why are you lying ??? magicians are the strongest class !!! if you don’t understand anything in the game, don’t write better

• Content Creator

@ZagZag Just...stop. Leave.

i agree, fights are way too fast atm, but it could be easily fixed with tweaking numbers i guess

• Content Creator

@Shivashanti It could however this then impacts PvE as well. This is why it's nice to have PvP specific values on skills. As this was not implemented from day 1 it becomes difficult to do so going forward.

Some games add specific PvP stats such as resilience in WoW. I'm not a hug fan of it but it could be an option.

why should that be a problem at all? nothing is balanced yet so it would be easy to play with dmg and hp numbers even for pve

• Content Creator

@Shivashanti Not so simple. If player survivability is increased 3 times lets say, PvE content becomes trivial. Back to the drawing board to touch EVERY NPC in the game.

Nerf player damage to increase PvP fight duration? Well now you have a PvE issue where it's much harder to kill enemies.

So a small tweak to adjust PvP could throw off PvE a TON.

no you increase player survivability and of course the pve dmg output of the mobs, why do you want to do such tasks complicated if they aren't. it will be better soon, we just have to communicate that we don't want that short pvp fights and they will hear us 😉

• Wiki Editor

In terms of pvp.
    Yeah the current stat of pvp is weird. there is defiantly a meta build for it. IE stun locking.

Mage and Melee. it does not really matter. stun lock rotation.

How to fix it? you don't fix the skills. this game will have this problem always. we're free to pickup any skills we like.
    Then what is the fix? Adding more skills. when a Meta is made you leave it. watch it and then make new skills to help people deal with that meta.
    we current don't have escape skills or tank skills.
    Normally you give high CD to stun and escapes so they can be abused. but in gang fights stun will always out weight the escape.

examples~

harden: 40sec CD. Toggle Skill (can be de-activated). for 10 sec you take 90% reduce damage but a not move.
    Strengthen: Active ability. after being stunned you get a buff/de-buff "you can't be stunned for another 6 sec's. also -70% damage you deal."

skill: 40sec CD. can only be used when stunned. remove stun and get a burst of speed (+50% speed) cant be stunned again for 2.5 sec's.

buff: 40sec CD. 4 sec buff. Reflect incoming stun's back at the caster's. unable to cast spells while buff is active.

@maze or you just implement stun immunity timers like warhammer did for example, stun and root triggers 10sec(or something) that you can't be stunned or rooted, and a second one for knockback and silence for example. with that you wont be permastunned (or hard cc'ed) even in zergplay

• Content Creator

@Shivashanti You start your sentence with "no" then literally repeat what I said and end up agreeing with me.

well you said pve will become trivial and you will have to change a ton, so i stated otherwise therefor i started with no 😉

• Content Creator

@Shivashanti

Let me make this easy for you.

@Nekrage said in PvP Fight Duration:

Not so simple. If player survivability is increased 3 times lets say, PvE content becomes trivial. Back to the drawing board to touch EVERY NPC in the game.

@Shivashanti said in PvP Fight Duration:

no you increase player survivability and of course the pve dmg output of the mobs,

Literally the same thing.

You seem to think there is a single setting to increase PvE damage players take. That is not the case. EACH AND EVERY NPC needs their damage adjusted.

• Wiki Editor

@Shivashanti said in PvP Fight Duration:

@maze or you just implement stun immunity timers like warhammer did for example, stun and root triggers 10sec(or something) that you can't be stunned or rooted, and a second one for knockback and silence for example. with that you wont be permastunned (or hard cc'ed) even in zergplay

the reason I don't think stun immunity is good is namly it gets rid of a full playstyle. The less restrictions and granted abilitys we have is better. It would allow us to truly have a changing meta.

@Nekrage since everything is subject to change, especially values and even attribute numbers you will not have to go back to the drawing board like you said. that being said why you want to pick up a fight for something i agree with you in your eyes?

@maze well you just erase the playstyle of full stun into death, if you want to perma hard cc someone you have to time hard cc and not only push the aoe stun button in a row (grp play ofc) for example

• Wiki Editor

@Shivashanti
    I think I would be better to keep stun to death. is a risk you take when not bringing an escape. you would just have to rely on a healer or your group when running without an escape.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I don't usually like having separate numbers/effects on abilities for PvE/PvP because it can make thing pretty complex. For some abilities it will probably need to be necessary (like Word of Power: Kill or any CC that lasts an absurd amount of time) but I think the correct solution would be to try to balance the game so that abilities act pretty much the same in both PvE and PvP.

TTK on players is really fast right now. If you've seen my Shadowmage build or Freas's math then you know just how fast a player can die. On the other hand, TTK on both players and mobs in PvE feels pretty good. Enemies don't feel like bullet sponges and carelessness can easily get you killed, so PvE feels very rewarding.

Therefore, I feel the appropriate measure is to buff all player's Endurance/Life and proportionally increase the amount of damage PvE enemies do. As Nekrage has pointed out, this would be quite a bit of work, but I feel that ultimately it is the proper solution, as having separate ability descriptions or mechanics for PvE and PvP is quite complicated (especially with the sheer amount of abilities in Fractured) and would result in a negative play experience.

• Content Creator

@Kriptini said in PvP Fight Duration:

I don't usually like having separate numbers/effects on abilities for PvE/PvP because it can make thing pretty complex. For some abilities it will probably need to be necessary (like Word of Power: Kill or any CC that lasts an absurd amount of time) but I think the correct solution would be to try to balance the game so that abilities act pretty much the same in both PvE and PvP.

TTK on players is really fast right now. If you've seen my Shadowmage build or Freas's math then you know just how fast a player can die. On the other hand, TTK on both players and mobs in PvE feels pretty good. Enemies don't feel like bullet sponges and carelessness can easily get you killed, so PvE feels very rewarding.

Therefore, I feel the appropriate measure is to buff all player's Endurance/Life and proportionally increase the amount of damage PvE enemies do. As Nekrage has pointed out, this would be quite a bit of work, but I feel that ultimately it is the proper solution, as having separate ability descriptions or mechanics for PvE and PvP is quite complicated (especially with the sheer amount of abilities in Fractured) and would result in a negative play experience.

100% this.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured