PK punishment

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I would ask for a 'faith' system where behaving according to the ways of the main worshipped god, e. g. for beast-people behaving peacefully, greeting other and not attacking anyone and anything in sight unprovoked is rewarded by this god, so that the character is protected by his god in his home realm, when instead of fighting he turns to praying to his deity. If he has proven his faith before, then he is protected, if he tried to pk himself, a peaceful god would not protect him. If one wishes to join in the fight, praying later should not be an option anymore to escape from a fight. In that way you can add a role-playing component, where choices matter and add a protection for players who wish to avoid pvp at all cost, but have to behave more in consent with their protective deity. Respectively, in the demon world deities or archdemons of chaos and destruction would support their aggressive, backstabbing followers with buffs for fighting, as this is their realm and the other gods have no saying there.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@severinus said in PK punishment:

I would ask for a 'faith' system where behaving according to the ways of the main worshipped god, e. g. for beast-people behaving peacefully, greeting other and not attacking anyone and anything in sight unprovoked is rewarded by this god, so that the character is protected by his god in his home realm, when instead of fighting he turns to praying to his deity. If he has proven his faith before, then he is protected, if he tried to pk himself, a peaceful god would not protect him. If one wishes to join in the fight, praying later should not be an option anymore to escape from a fight. In that way you can add a role-playing component, where choices matter and add a protection for players who wish to avoid pvp at all cost, but have to behave more in consent with their protective deity. Respectively, in the demon world deities or archdemons of chaos and destruction would support their aggressive, backstabbing followers with buffs for fighting, as this is their realm and the other gods have no saying there.

I kinda like this idea 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@severinus said in PK punishment:

Great idea actually - much more complex to play that than the current options seen in MMORPGs

I don't want to see any PK punishment.

However I'd be fine with some zones marked safe, and some other zones having unrestricted PvP.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

will be like if the pk punishment is the same as Lineage 2

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix (wazzup noob) @hindemith
    This tread is quite old and as a respns to this tread there was a spotlight on PvP. So al questions related to PK punishment should be awnsered here:

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-6-pvp-alignment-crime/

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix pkers must be punìshed somehow or you will play a game without players.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@gothix said in PK punishment:

I don't want to see any PK punishment.

And I don't want to play Quake, I want to play an MMO.

@finland said in PK punishment:

@gothix pkers must be punìshed somehow or you will play a game without -- "PvE snowflakes".

Fixed 😉

@Benseine I checked out that spotlight. Looks pretty different than what MMOs usually do. Lets see how it plays out. 🙂

• @fibs said in PK punishment:

And I don't want to play Quake, I want to play an MMO.

Damn. Now I want a Quake MMO.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Marked on a mini-map with a temporary skull or something of the like. Combining this with a bounty system (take a look at "The Division's"manhunts) would add a level of engagement to both the bounty hunters, and the perpetrator.

That's all folks

BECKFAST

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Fixed 😉

No, he was right the first time. Compensating PK scrubs end up playing alone, and as they're a tiny minority of players the game ends up dying with no player base.

@fibs said in PK punishment:

Fixed 😉

No, he was right the first time. Compensating PK scrubs end up playing alone, and as they're a tiny minority of players the game ends up dying with no player base.

I like how the "sensitive minority" likes to throw around this "made up claim" in every MMO, without a single glimpse of any tangible numbers or any reliable studies made, ever.

I claim that a MMO that restricts PvP actually looses more player base and eventually dies a lot faster, because when PvE content is consumed, if PvP crowd is not there to keep things alive, PvE crowd simply moves on to next thing.

MMOs with a quality and less restrictive PvP live a LOT longer, because PvP is "the content" that never grows old.

Also I claim that there is more PvP players then PvE players. The first glimpse at forums just shows the wrong picture because PvE players are the ones that tend a lot more to post in forums, while PvP players tend more to not pay attention to forums and social conversations led there, as it's not really their thing.

(this is why i used the word "studies" at beginning and not "surveys", as "surveys" would be completely wrong tool to get the real picture, again, because of the fact that PvP players tend to engage in social conversations / follow forums a LOT less then PvE players)

So your claim is just simply wrong. As wrong as it can be.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

[...]

Keep living in denial, bud.

I have absolutely no reason to prove anything to you; whatever you say and think, you're still going to get mad that Fractured doesn't let you pathetically pick fights you can't lose, you're still going to leave the game because you actually need to be skilled to PK in it, and the rest of us will still keep playing a game that's better without you there.

Was nice talking to you. o/

@fibs said in PK punishment:

[...]

Keep living in denial, bud.

I have absolutely no reason to prove anything to you; whatever you say and think, you're still going to get mad that Fractured doesn't let you pathetically pick fights you can't lose, you're still going to leave the game because you actually need to be skilled to PK in it, and the rest of us will still keep playing a game that's better without you there.

Was nice talking to you. o/

Yeah, keep using the insults, vs someone who is using arguments in conversations.

You will certainly prove a lots of things to a lots of people like that. 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target the main problem is that a full pvp game can not be a mmo. People does not want to lose time. You can not compare match games like rts/moba/fps to MMO where you are forced to grind, gather, craft. Really few people would play something like that, as I said in many other threads take a look to AO.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix pkers must be punìshed somehow or you will play a game without -- "PvE snowflakes".

Fixed 😉

You are not funny but I got already what kind you are 🤣. I'm your opposite. If I have to pvp i prefer purely pvp games without a grindy/gathering/looting/crafting system like rts/moba/fps. Play only pvp in a mmo especially sandboxfull loot just to steal things to other and make them angry/mad is that kind of attitute I hate and that's why I hope action will be punished enough on Fractured otherwise the game will die. As I said many time the most % of player are PvErs (carebears if you like to call them like this). But for sure better than "griefers". I'm wondering why you are not playing Albion Online that's a pure gank fest game 😉

@target the main problem is that a full pvp game can not be a mmo. People does not want to lose time.

And what is any game but a "losing time" in exchange for a fun activity?

Some people find this fun activity in PvE, some in PvP, and some in both.

Problem with your argument is that you claim that most of people prefer only PvE, and don't like PvP, and for which you don't have a single study to show it. Yet you, and other like you, throw this claim around like it's a fact.

I strongly disagree with it for example.

I actually believe that PvP community is much bigger then PvE community. It's just that PvE oriented people spend a lot more time on forums, posting stuff, and are much more vocal, due to PvP people mindset that prefers action, and doesn't tend to spend time on forums as much as PvE players do.

This can skew the picture and make it seem like PvE community is more numerous, and then most of developers tend to cater to PvE community and end up tailoring MMOs more PvE oriented.

And magic circle gets closed by PvP community ending up playing other types of games simply due to MMOs not being what they are looking for since they end up PvE oriented, and thus more PvE players end up coming to them.

Then PvE players say look, more of PvE players is in this MMO. Well, duh... ofc. when you were more vocal and it ended up designed with PvE primarily in mind.

BUT... if MMO would end up designed more in lines of PvP, then a huge amount of PvP crowd WOULD come, and play. And this number would be much greater then PvE communities number is in other MMOs on average. Because PvP community is thirsty for a MMO that would finally come with some "more free" PvP.

So, please stop using magic circle flawed argument: more PvE players are in forums - lets design MMO for PvE - MMO launches - oh look more PvE players came - duh.

Globally (all game types considered) PvP community in world is MUCH bigger then PvE community. And it's time some MMO ends up designed to not punish PvP keeping all these players away.

At least smart developers will take this into account, regardless of what PvE people are writing.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I hope there is no Pk punishment but, a Pk restrictions will be nice.
    Level distance for example.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured