Ranking against total population

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@thwunk said in Ranking against total population:

(...)So I'm not going to hold my breath for a pre-alpha key(...)

While you should not count on it, there is a chance to 'win the weekly random lottery' and hence get an invite through that. Better then to hope for a spot in the top 100 foundation 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The titles you get with the foundation gets you a grasp of the ladder

@logain …. thanks, that cheers me up no end, I had forgotten their was a random lottery element, hmmm.....odds are just 19,963 to 1... even less if you discount the hordes of members who already have one …….. Oh well, as the saying goes ..."You have to be in to win." Cheers.

(...)odds are just 19,963 to 1(...)

Not at all. You're going to realize that you can skew the odds heavily by developing the 'right' posting habits. I have won 12 times so far and I am not the only one with multiple wins if you take a closer look at the postings that present a list of who won which week.

• @thwunk The weekly drawings have been happening for 11 months and I've been drawn 13 times, and from my observation, people who have been around as long have won a similar amount. It seems that you have around 25% chance to win any given week that you meet the contribution requirement. There's also the ambassador drawing which has so little competition that you're basically guaranteed to win.

• Earlier on the community was smaller and less active.. Which resulted in the same people winning and getting massive bumps. I've only won three drawings and been active for over 8 month. The four months prior to me joining were critical for those in the top 100 from what I can see. Now that the community is much larger, the odds are very different and points awarded spread out over more people. Some drawings one person would win multiple times. I'm in the 130s and have no referrals or anything, just doing my part and trying to stay active. I'm 4,000 points away from top 100.. So 4 wins or a combination of ambassador and a few drawings.. Or as little as two ambassador wins. For perspective.

Odds are not 20k to 1 because not all 20k people are posting. Let alone constructive posts that will apply for a lottery. 🙂

• @vortech The active community is not much bigger than it has ever been, and the the amount of winners each week scales with the amount of people who qualified.

I don't know how useful its going to be... out of " a theoretical 40,000, or whatever the population currently was" there is going to be X amount of people who have zero points and they're all going to be the same rank, so theoretically 10K accounts will be rank 6,000. then we will have Y amount of people who will have done all the minimum amount of quests and thats it and they will all be Rank 4000. so saying you're one of the 5,000 people all of whom have the same rank isnt that helpful is it?

@logain Thanks , I will take a closer look at the criteria and the postings of those listed to see if I can develop the "right " habits.

(...)see if I can develop the "right " habits.

Check the 'new postings' for something you consider interesting. See if you could somehow contribute to the discussion, just don't force anything. Do that once a day and you have great odds to win.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured