About governor pack

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

If you own a governor pack and create a town outside of the Arboreus planet on the other 2 planets will your town then be possible to invade and conquer or do you have a permament locked ownership of the town?
    Also do you lose ownership of the town while owning governor pack if you dont manage to get players in your town and not just by you being inactive.

How rare are towns, is owning a town something rare, maybe there would be like 10-20 towns per one planet or there is gonna be plenty towns like 100 per planet?

• Wiki Editor

@harkons said in About governor pack:

If you own a governor pack and create a town outside of the Arboreus planet on the other 2 planets will your town then be possible to invade and conquer or do you have a permament locked ownership of the town?

You don't own it permanently unless you can keep it. In a free town you could get voted out or the town could be lost due to a siege regardless of town type.

Also do you lose ownership of the town while owning governor pack if you dont manage to get players in your town and not just by you being inactive.

If a town reverts to a Hamlet it has no ruler.

How rare are towns, is owning a town something rare, maybe there would be like 10-20 towns per one planet or there is gonna be plenty towns like 100 per planet?

Here is an Alpha map of Myr, one continent of Syndesia - https://fracturedmmo.com/alpha-1-map-pledge-integration/ - the black dots are town locations. There are roughly 40 of them.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@harkons towns / housing fall under the planet rules and not under race rules. On one particular planet housing rules are equal for everyone who can live there (regardless of his race).

Also I don't believe you can govern a town on any planet of your choice. You are still limited by where your character (alignment/race) is able to live permanently.

So if I am demon governor, I will not be able to govern a town on Arboreus.

Also governor pack gives you only head start, you can start as governor BUT you can lose your position through game play as well. This depends on you, and circumstances around you (the community).

Anyone can become a governor eventually (even without a pack). Pack just lets you start as one right away. It gives you no additional protections or privileges, because then that would be P2W.

I think the safest place for a "Governor-pack" governor would be to found a guild town on Arboreus. Then you'd only need to keep the town active, since you can't be voted out or conquered.

Wonder if one player can be active enough to keep a town above hamlet (I'm used to a low-pop world where you have to do everything yourself).

• Wiki Editor

@roccandil said in About governor pack:

I think the safest place for a "Governor-pack" governor would be to found a guild town on Arboreus. Then you'd only need to keep the town active, since you can't be voted out or conquered.

Wonder if one player can be active enough to keep a town above hamlet (I'm used to a low-pop world where you have to do everything yourself).

I don't think there can be a one person town based on this from the Spotlight

"If the prestige of a town and the number of active players living in it decrease too much, the Governor is automatically ousted, and the town reverts to a hamlet."

@kellewic
    True, but we get multiple toons from the Governor pack (six total?). Do you think those don't count?

• @roccandil You get 1 house per planet per account, so I doubt it works that way

@target
    Looks like you can get up to 4 additional character slots with the Proprietor basic pack. If those couldn't count toward a town, that'd be disappointing.

If they didn't, however, and player pop was low, I could see creating new character(s) just to fill in a town. (It's kinda what's standard in Wurm Online already: mains + alts.)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured