do you want a translator in game and in the forum?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I think that idea of instilling in the chat game an instant translator would resave almost all the problems of cohesion in game, would make the possibility of greater communication between all the players, I do not think it is so difficult to achieve, you could also start from the forum in this pre game phase

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I in any case do not "plug" this topic, just saying that we have already discussed. I'm going backstage.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@muker Yes, my post, maybe it's the same or maybe not, put an instant translator in the game, just add to the classic chat doce who are the voices, general, ally, clan, even one where you translate the translation

@pepix In the subject all agreed thinking that was the chat with the commands: hi, bye, grind,farm, pvp? and so on
    Roughly speaking simple words expressed the essence of your intentions. As emotions and emoticons in other MMO projects.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@muker a face is not the same as a word or a phrase, I think it is an important idea and if realized can attract many people who often ends up playing because they feel isolated not knowing English

@pepix I was just making an analogy. I think the implementation will be very good if there are simple "teams". These teams will be translated from the language chosen by the player, for example: the Italian player chooses his Italian team, it is displayed in the game, the English player sees it and reads the English text from the team.

FFXIV has this. There are phrases and some words. Makes the game interesting.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

who knows the developers if they can do it

• TF#3 - ENVOY

when the topic is interesting we have to vote positively, otherwise it has no visibility and is not considered by the directors

@Pepix no need to waste resources on that. If anyone needs translator, he can just use google translate (or something else) and then paste translation as his post, or when reading posts in other language internet browsers (for example Chrome) already offer simple right click + translate option, and you have the text translated to language of your choice.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@gothix on the forum the language can be corrected, but in game it would be interesting to have an instant translator

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't think it could be really useful, most of people, in an international MMO, speak english in global chat, and I suppose most of people speak english (with more or less skills ^^). And I don't think devs only look subjects with the most "like" πŸ˜‰

• TF#10 - CONSUL

nah, translators are usually shoddy. I mean google translate is already the best translator out there and look how many people complain about it.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Why ... English ... Globish yes probably... but why not to put the italian in the official canal game tchat πŸ™‚

Else, the instant translation of a discussion is a graal and despite science progress it's difficult to have some instant traduction in many language (perhaps the explosion of AI could push some innovations).

We could have tricks like some pre-sentence showed in client native language in the UI and displayed on the tchat in the player client setting language (French -> in english language tchat or in german on german tchat).

I play a game that doesn't allow copy and paste into its chat, so we use discord, line and telegram. Discord is the only one not banned in some countries so it's my fave, and we have a translator bot for people who dont have english as first language. Using telegram or line app, I've had to use google translate and it's not quite as good or as fast, from the game, we have to screenshot and either post the screenshot on discord asking "what's this say?" to our russian friends for example, or use the screenshot translator which sucks donkey balls.

I've played games with an automatic translator on the chat, it's nice, when it works, and when it doesn't bog the chat down too much. I'd love to see one done well, but not to the point that you can't chat naturally. I've also used discord's overlay on some games, nice to do voice to text for people who aren't using a headset, and they to do text to speak, so that everyone can either read, or hear as it suits them. Voice is better than text any day though, so as already mentioned, hopefully people will be able to find people they can talk to to run with.

Guess it depends on how the server populations are and how things move along. If we end up with quite a few regions on one server it would be logical to have a from of translator.

Here's a list of Auto-Translated text/phrases in FFXIV:

https://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Auto-Translator

I personally think that automatic translations would add more confusion than help. πŸ™‚

You would get chat where half English is broken and not understandable. It would be huge pain.

(Perhaps some basic, pre determined, phrases that players could click on. That sounds ok.)

@gothix
    FFXIV isn't auto-translated, you have to use the starting character to enable it. the Auto-Translation part just displays it in the local language to whomever reads it.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@esher I like the number that I do not care about anyone, it's true that he speaks English, but if a game wants to make a difference, create an instant translation of the chat, attracts a huge number of users to the game, creating a long-lasting game very aggregate

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured