Lore possibility?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

From what i understand lore inst really high up on the to-do list at the moment. Which is fine of course, but a possible solution for this instead of hiring a content writer to flesh out the world, could be allowing the members within the forum to to do said work for Fractured. Like a community event where we could bring our own imagination and writing to the lore of Fractured. Maybe make it a competition of sorts where where we get to vote on the best ones posted in the forums and the highest voted would be viewed by Dynamight aka Jacobo and either deemed worthy of what hes trying create.. give out prizes to the highest voted and these ones that made the cut..

Maybe this has already be thought up and posted somewhere here on the forums, if so shame on me for not doing due diligence and finding it :).. Food for thought nontheless.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@comferage Yes, it would be a good idea, but its implementation can be possible only after the pre-alpha and alpha versions of the game.

@comferage
    i think the best reward is to have it in the game and, maybe, credited as a writer.. i don't think it would be a great idea to give cash to the winner. (the usual "by submitting your work, you agree to give, freely, without being paid... etc applies here.)

You could get a statue of you somewhere as credit, or a library as housing item, or... plenty of cool in game cosmetics that could come as reward.

If they gave me enough of a foundation (haha) to work from, I would totally write the lore for them.

Wouldn't even need to pay me in cash, maybe a couple of free copies of the game, toss my name in the credits.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It could be a thing to do for art contest (it depend if we'll have one one day or not πŸ˜› ). Maybe, for the winner, there will be a book in the biggest library that will relate the winner lore, or something else like that πŸ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If you put a prize on it then the winner will be the one with most friends. That's how it works nowadays.

And if too much lore is here on forum it will take away the fun of finding it in the game (and earning points for it) πŸ˜„

Still - it could be a nice idea for some minor stuff.

@tulukaruk said in Lore possibility?:

If you put a prize on it then the winner will be the one with most friends. That's how it works nowadays.

Not necessarily.

Devs could grade the work and pick winners. This way amount of friends, and size of guilds don't matter. Winners would be chosen by objective grading (hopefully devs would be objective) of their work and not by number of friend votes.

I much prefer this over "lets people vote" contests, because people very rarely vote objectively.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I am with the "getting stuff into the game is the prize" crowd on this one - as long as proper credit is given.

I also do think the devs ought to pick the "winners" - and there ought to be as many winners as the devs like XD After all - it's the devs' sandbox - we are getting to play in it by writing lore, but it has to be on their terms. You can write the most awesome thing ever, but if it blows up the planned story/plot/updates of the devs, it don't work XD

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Sounds like a good idea

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Its a sandbox so there will be RPer's somewhere to make something

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured