Life is Feudal MMO OBT starts November 17th

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Its a good game to play while you wait for Fractured just keep in mind it will be OBT/Early Access on Steam and it wont officially launch before june next year maybe later so dont expect a game without bugs but there wont be wipes anymore.

Played it since first CBT and i quite enjoyed it just make sure to find guild if you are solo player dont bother trying it.

Payment model is when you start game you spawn on ''newbie island'' and to leave it you need to buy ticket with real money that works on 1 character (so its basically b2p per character just lower cost than full game ofc) and there will be premium sub but not needed to play. There will also be item shop with cosmetic skins for armor and weapons (no stats).

Check it out!

I like LiF, played a bunch in YO, and twice a little bit during different CBT phases (I'm in since #2 or #3, iirc).

That being said, it is a game that's very time-consuming to build stuff and I'm not sure I have the patience to (yet again) start over with no hope of it surviving for the mere fact of wipes. But we'll see! Maybe!

Curious to know who else is into LiF?

Holy i think i saw you on The Repopulation forums did i not? 😄
    I am one of the backers there hehe.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Is this different than the LiF on steam currently? i played that for a little bit but couldn't get any friends to join me so i stopped

@namus said in Life is Feudal MMO OBT starts November 17th:

Holy i think i saw you on The Repopulation forums did i not? 😄
    I am one of the backers there hehe.

Yes, you did 🙂

@teeboned said in Life is Feudal MMO OBT starts November 17th:

Is this different than the LiF on steam currently? i played that for a little bit but couldn't get any friends to join me so i stopped

Yes and no.

The LiF for sale right now on Steam is "Life is Feudal : Your Own" and is a multiplayer (max. 64) version of the game with a smaller map.

The LiF coming up is "Life is Feudal : MMO", an MMO with many times the # of players and a much, much, much larger map. It currently also has a few more systems and content, as well as many optimizations and improvements.

The core of the gameplay loop is the same for both, however.

I see. May look into it if several people from here are interested in playing it too.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

LF is survivor mmo XDD
    do we know the price for testing ?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Just take a look at the developement of LiF YO and you dont realy want to waste your time with the same stupid promises. Don't get peoples expectations high for this crap

@lomacil What about YO development? Since its release game has seen many patches and content additions so i dont quite understand your point?

Also you lurk on Fractured forums where atm we only have concepts and 1 screenshot yet you tell people not to waste time on stupid promises when it comes to developer that is about to actually release a game.

I dont get it...

@ryota1382 I would rather call it Sandbox MMO rather than Survival.

Its like Wurm Online just with much better graphics, bigger playerbase and dev team and bigger map. Oh and here you cant specialize in everything you only have 400 points to spend on raising crafting skills and 400 points to spend in combat skills so you can only specialize in 1 combat/crafting tree making it mandatory to work with other people.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Life is Feudal.... horrible combat lol, so yeah no. Not going to waste my time.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Namus
    I was there with LiF since it began, they promised tons of content than the promises vanished somehow, the most of their updates were cosmetics. Like the releaseupdate for steam. They just recently added the promised horsedriven cart, it works, somehow. It took them more than 2 years to make it not work properly.
    They even started another to develope another game^^
    There wasnt even a stable server for more than a year after release.

So excuse me if I lurk around at a forum where people actualy try to develope a game whats worth its money.

@lomacil said in Life is Feudal MMO OBT starts November 17th:

@Namus
    I was there with LiF since it began, they promised tons of content than the promises vanished somehow, the most of their updates were cosmetics. Like the releaseupdate for steam. They just recently added the promised horsedriven cart, it works, somehow. It took them more than 2 years to make it not work properly.
    They even started another to develope another game^^
    There wasnt even a stable server for more than a year after release.

So excuse me if I lurk around at a forum where people actualy try to develope a game whats worth its money.

Again you know Fractured is going to be worth your money how? I am not saying its going to be bad in fact i hope it will be good thats why i am here but saying it will be worth your money when you know next to nothing about how it will play or look is stupid.

Just a quick browse trough the patch notes says that they added a lot to YO since release. As far as i know everything that is going into MMO is going to YO except MMO specific features and that means that YO will keep getting updates in the following years.

I am going to assume that another game that you are referring to is Life is Feudal: Forest Village. If yes then i am happy to let you know that it is NOT being developed by Bitbox (developers of YO and MMO) but by Mindillusion.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I didn't say fractured will be worth it but people are trying to make it worth it.

It is nice they improve YO with things they develope for MMO, if it wouldn't have been all the promised content for YO to begin with. It was released 2015 and still doesn't contain all the promised content. I played it a lot and waited the whole time so they could add it all. But they released a barely functualy version and messed with it the whole time. Sorry if i don't expect much from the mmo.

But it doesn't sound like we will get anything useful out of this discussion.
    So I stay out of your Life is Feudal recruting thread at the fractured forum.

If you have fun with the game, than have fun^^

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@chrightt said in Life is Feudal MMO OBT starts November 17th:

Life is Feudal.... horrible combat lol, so yeah no. Not going to waste my time.

Yes, combat is horribile but:
    The game isn't focused on combat but in cooperative life and is an alpha

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tyrrh I think of it as more of an ARK type game, but when the combat feels horrendous I wouldn't enjoy any of the rest. If I have to kill a wolf for pelt and I feel like I'm watching the paint dry while killing the wolf, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of it.

@chrightt If i had to choose between ARK combat but 64 players on server or worse combat but persistent server that can hold up to 10k players i would choose latter but to each his own i guess.
    Also if you where to fight wolf solo chances are you would be dead even if you tried your best because they roam in packs usually 🙂

but I did not like it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@namus You seem to fail to understand the use of an arbitrary example, but as you said, to each their own opinion. For me LiF is just another carbon copy of regular survival/rpg type game that has bland mechanics with an even more boring combat. The game offers nothing new nor innovative. Basically, even aside from the combat, the game is a waste of time for me that will not bring any joy.
    P.S. you seem to not have seen solo wolves walking around in life is feudal yet. Give the game a try first and you'll see they don't travel in packs. Funny eh?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured