First-Person Perspective

• TF#5 - LEGATE

In the Fractured videos, the gameplay showed was in a third person view. Why not make it first person instead, similar to Destiny? The combat would be a lot more realistic and since Fractured seems to include a lot of adventuring, it would be cooler to look across landscapes and regions to really take in the beauty of the worlds. Consider this @Prometheus.

• Community Manager

@spystranger Fractured is an isometric MMO with click-to-move controls similar to games like Diablo and Path of Exile. First person view wouldn't make sense in a game like Fractured at all.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@specter said in First-Person Perspective:

@spystranger Fractured is an isometric MMO with click-to-move controls similar to games like Diablo and Path of Exile. First person view wouldn't make sense in a game like Fractured at all.

Isometric is the best. Too bad about lack of WASD movement 😛 (I see a chance I take it!)

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@spystranger said in First-Person Perspective:

The combat would be a lot more realistic and since Fractured seems to include a lot of adventuring, it would be cooler to look across landscapes and regions to really take in the beauty of the worlds.

The problem here is that you can't easily change a game with an isometric perspective into one with First/Third Person Perspective. There are numerous differences between the two which make going from isometric to FPP a huge step up in cost.

• In isometric perspective, all characters are tiny and seen only from a certain angle. This means their models can be of relatively low quality (small texture resolution, low polygon count), and their animations will be exaggerated to look clearer from that angle. While in modern game development pipeline upscaling a model might not necessarily be a problem if you're always starting from a way-too-high-detail-to-put-into-actual-game model, redoing all animations is going to be work-intense whatever you do.
    • There is no sky in isometric worlds, which means now you have to make one.
    • There is no horizon in isometric worlds: you only need to render a tiny parcel of land where only a handful of things can fit. When you suddenly add a horizon, there might be loads and loads of thing that a player is supposed to be seeing, and while you never have to actually render all of them, you now have to worry about when and what to draw, which is hard and can lead to numerous problems ranging from being too lenient and melting an average graphic card, to being to strict and having pop-in (things suddenly appearing out of thin air that should have been visible from further away; things too abruptly changing from distant&low-poly to close&high-poly).

...I'm a terrible writer, but you get the gist, yes? It would be

, therefore the game would either require a much higher budget, and/or would have much smaller scope, and/or would make people say "hey, 2008 called and they want their graphics back".

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@tulukaruk said in First-Person Perspective:

@specter said in First-Person Perspective:

Isometric is the best. Too bad about lack of WASD movement 😛 (I see a chance I take it!)

I'd love being able to chose how I will move. It's 2018. and it will be 2020. by the time game releases. The lack of ability for players to customize their controls (and use them instead of / or in addition to click to move) would be very off putting.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

There are plenty of MMORPGs hitting the market with FPS views. I am glad that Fractured is Iso... its what sold me. I love them both and want to be able to play both based on how I feel. If you are looking for a new FPS mmorpg check out Ashes of Creation or Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, both have high and low points, AoC comes out a bit ahead currently imho but McQuaid is a undeniable force in MMORPGs (EverQuest). All depends on how and what you want to play.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured