Knowledge / Quests relations

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I know that this game attempts to avoid the need to grind a lot and that there's a knowledge system instead of a level system.
    I would like to inquire though whether there will be certain quests (there are quests right?) or areas that require some sort of skill - anything you can't (or at least not advised to) do immediately when you begin.
    What are the "benefits" of being a veteran?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@nightcoder The game is not a vertical system of skills, and horizontal. The fact that you are a veteran just be able to give you a chance to adjust to more situations. All races from the first day are competitive, which means that it all depends on your ability to play and adapt to different situations.

FULLY INTERACTABLE ENVIRONMENTS:

Stuck between a clan of bandits and a raging river? Animate the waters to protect you, or freeze them over to cross to safety – then melt them to drown your foes! In Fractured, the natural elements around you can always be exploited to defeat your enemies, even when all hope seems lost.
    [alt text

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@muker Excuse me, uh, but I'm still not 100% what that means.
    Can you give an example of something that a skilled player can do better than a novice?

There will be zones where you need specific spells e.g. if you are fire mage you won't deal fire dmg to volcano dungeon type monsters, so you will need to aquire another set of spells or weapon. When it comes to mastering the game it's more like MOBA. Being a veteran means you know spells, how they interact with environment, how to counter them etc. It's more about game knowledge than better EQ.
    There will be quests but not the usual MMO type as far as I know.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@thudaron said in Knowledge / Quests relations:

There will be zones where you need specific spells e.g. if you are fire mage you won't deal fire dmg to volcano dungeon type monsters, so you will need to aquire another set of spells or weapon. When it comes to mastering the game it's more like MOBA. Being a veteran means you know spells, how they interact with environment, how to counter them etc. It's more about game knowledge than better EQ.

As I understand it, the game will have no formal quests given by an NPC and kept in a journal. It will have an achievement-like system to discover and level up skills, though.

@nightcoder

This man made a good point. The fact that you are a veteran only gives you more opportunities to pass certain tasks. As for the pvp element, the veteran just has more spells, but slots still only 8 for them. So you have to carefully choose what you need and what not. Here is an example of the first video about the gameplay Fractured

<= link

@fibs Yeah, but there will be quests given by gods when you are trying to get their esteem. I think Prometheus mentioned it in the last Q&A.

@thudaron said in Knowledge / Quests relations:

@fibs Yeah, but there will be quests given by gods when you are trying to get their esteem. I think Prometheus mentioned it in the last Q&A.

There are 6 gods.

-Beastmen:

• Elysium, which is thought to be the source of Arboreus’ primal energy.

• Tyros, god of light and justice.

• Nelena, goddess of the wild and mother of all beastmen.

-Humans:

• Iridia, goddess of fortune and mother of all humans.

• Galvanos, god of knowledge and keeper of the nine paths of magic.

-Demons:

• Babilis, an evil god worshipped by the Demons.

They are briefly mentioned in this spotlight+(RUS, ITA, FRA) . Some gods are tied to a specific alignment while others are neutral. Worshipping a god grants access to divine quests, blessings and divine abilities, more on that here+(RUS, ITA, FRA).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured