A question concerning the appearance of Demons

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hey everyone, I just saw a promoted post on reddit about this, and now I'm here! I'm a player that's naturally drawn to the Demon faction the most, but just had a few questions on their art direction. Humans and Beastmen seem pretty straightforward art-wise, but what about Demons? Will we have more anthropomorphic demons such as Desire Demons from the Dragon Age series? Or will they look more monstrous like the Balrog from Lord of the Rings? Personally I prefer having anthropomorphic demons, as they always seemed more insidious that way!

I noticed the current demon art is close to the ancient Egyptian gods style of having half human bodies with animal heads, but is that just one type of model possible, or the default type for all Demons?

One last question, I've read that your appearance will also change based on the decisions you make as a player, and this sounds like a fascinating concept. Would it be a simple colour change however (light side/dark side alignment from SWTOR), or would your entire model morph somehow?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@basileus About the choice: if you play for Beastmen, the game for the most part will give pve content. People are a mixture of pve and pvp on their planet. And demons in turn pvp. Oh yeah forgot to say, every race lives on his planet, more about it here. And here there is information about the race

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Yes thank you, I read about the PvP/PvE split, but mostly I'm just interested in the art direction for now (as I'm sure game concepts will become more and more fleshed out during the development process). From the concept art, it seems like the Blood Demon sub faction would be the most human like demonic faction, but of course it's hard to tell with just one picture which isn't rendered in engine at present.

@basileus We just yesterday provided pictures of the beastmen and the landscape of the game, it may be something similar with the demons in the future https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/4305/i-want-to-play-a-game-the-arboreus-swamp-hunt

I believe they are sticking with what why have now. But they are open to new races post release.

Now it could be possible to have a cosmetic effect for characters that make them appear different. Example: A hood that changes the head to mist or smoke.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Thanks for all the responses! Currently I'm not looking for new races, just wondering what the existing races would look like in character creation and in game. On a side note, I've been reading up all the spotlights, and was particularly curious about the lore segment that describes a human betraying the town in order to be bitten by a blood demon (and we'll assume that they will gain great benefits from this). If this is actually possible as part of the gameplay (i.e humans switching factions via betrayal), it would create a level of dynamic similar to how spies are a core part of EvE gameplay. If so, I'm beginning to be increasingly hyped about the possible level of player made stories!

@basileus
    Most isometric games don't have much for character customization. I see it more like a MOBA in the idea that the gender is usually locked and the visual looks of the model. The armor is what changes your character to look different (or the same).

I haven't heard of any demon - human interaction via biting. If it was there then I missed it. Any character can switch alignment. You can become an evil beastkin or holy demon. There are even quest chains you can do to become an Angel Demon or Abomination Beastkin.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

That might be true for most isometric games, but the Devs did specifically state that one's appearance will change if one becomes an Angel/Abomination. This would hint at the fact that appearences do indeed matter (even if you stay a demon!) Besides, different character appearances is a great way to sell cosmetics, and isometric based games like LoL have tons of different appearance selections to make your playable character more unique.

As for the demon-human interaction, read Spotlight #1, the human part, specifically the lore text. Maybe it's hinting towards a possible mechanic?

@basileus said in A question concerning the appearance of Demons:

That might be true for most isometric games, but the Devs did specifically state that one's appearance will change if one becomes an Angel/Abomination. This would hint at the fact that appearences do indeed matter (even if you stay a demon!) Besides, different character appearances is a great way to sell cosmetics, and isometric based games like LoL have tons of different appearance selections to make your playable character more unique.

As for the demon-human interaction, read Spotlight #1, the human part, specifically the lore text. Maybe it's hinting towards a possible mechanic?

that's more of a change of model, maybe, and less of sliders for your face, body, height, etc.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I am actually curious about this as well. While I know you prefer the anthropomorphic demon appearance I wouldn't mind the option of more weird or monstrous looking demons aswell.

@dudewithpizza

wouldn't be surprised to see these as cosmetic mtx.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You was talking about egyptian god style, I suppose you do a reference to a picture we can see on the website (somewhere, I forgot where exactly ^^), but it not represent the three demon races. If you want to see them, you can go to your hero profile (if it's not already done ^^ ) and look at the picture you'll have when you choose your race. All demons are antropomorphics, Vampires and Nighmares are more humans, but they have horns and a different skin color. Hellfire are bigger, stronger and scarier (look at this face ! )

not sure if you've checked out the artist's site? https://suosunty.wixsite.com/michelemontini

They haven't really given us much yet to see what the demons will look like, we can guess from the Newsletter, but as to answering you questions, I haven't seen a lot yet to answer them. Maybe at least seeing more of this artist's work can help you be patient till we get more info, and the other two teasers.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured