Weapons and Durablitiy

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

My Fellow Travelers, Should our weapons to be worn out for a long time and needs to repair as a feature. In a game I usually carry three weapons with me and later I come to the city to repair them. Even though it will takes some space in my inventory and keep repair when its durability is down or build a better one. Do we really need this or will it be annoying to have for our traveling?

Plus Speaking of weapons, will it be awesome that we can add something into it. Like adding Poison into the tip of a arrow head or have enchanted spell to our sword. Should we really need a feature like this as a another option to increase our damage or effects ingame?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@yumramens Skilled shooters from the school of Marksmanship will be able to make different bolts and arrows, and the owners of the school Enchanting will be able to make enchanted things

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I really really dislike the idea of weapons breaking.

• Wiki Editor

@dagimir but since all items are crafted, it makes much sense if the weapons get durability and break if you not care for them.
    Surely it should not be a fast breaking, but after a good amount of using and not caring for, it should break, because it would be realistic.
    Also, non breaking Weapons nor durability loss would lead into just once a time produce items and it would counteracting against player driven economy and crafting.

@kralith said in Weapons and Durablitiy:

@dagimir but since all items are crafted, it makes much sense if the weapons get durability and break if you not care for them.
    Surely it should not be a fast breaking, but after a good amount of using and not caring for, it should break, because it would be realistic.
    Also, non breaking Weapons nor durability loss would lead into just once a time produce items and it would counteracting against player driven economy and crafting.

It would be possible to bring the Equipment to 0 armor, but then it would come into disrepair, but not destroyed, which later will give us shnas restore it with the resources from which it was made

@kralith said in Weapons and Durablitiy:

@muker well yes, even broken weapons are still there, in parts and are able to disensambling.

I did not say, they should evade from your inventory, they are just not usable nor repairable anymore.

I just assumed it looked pretty passable.

• Wiki Editor

@muker well yes, even broken weapons are still there, in parts and are able to disassembling.
    I did not say, they should evade from your inventory, they are just not usable nor repairable anymore.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@muker In order to be able to keep a player driven economy or any sort of economy where items are constantly spawned as loot from monster kills as well as created by players' crafting, any equipment has to wear out and be repaired frequently to keep it fully functional or allow it to be disassembled into parts for reusing those in a new crafting product.

@dagimir
    they'll probably be stolen after you're killed than break.
    a player driven economy needs to have gear removed from the players so that the crafters are in demand.

it would be great if broken gear could be broken down into some parts and reused. metal would be the easiest. leather and cloth could be hemmed.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured