Bounties and how they should work (long running discussion)

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So in the mercenary thread we were talking about bounties and how we think they should work and this was thrown out there for saying everyone should have access to bounties " if it wil stay something unwritten without an in game feature I will not argue. Players are free to play like they wish. But an integrated system like a bounty board should not be FFA. No point to argue this because they do not want to make a gankbox/gankfest game." Why is their no point to argue something when he obviously didnt understand me one bit.
    What i had said is that bounties should be free to place but you will have to leave the cash with the messenger and you have to go through messengers (npc's) who would run around the towns and tell criers who in turn will shout about the bounties this would different if its for say thieves or assasins these bounties would then need to be given to bar tenders and they will pass it around to the unsavory types and people can go and get a contract from them with details you put down so a bounty could be hard or easy depending on if you know them or not sometimes you might have to go off a rare item that was stolen and go round asking shop keepers (who will be real people as well) if they have anything like the item being sold the bounty system would add a whole new job to the game and you will have to be good to find them so its not a gank fest tool its something that should be minimal like it would in real life depending on how much you know. On another topic we could also have criers giving out contracts for adventurers who retrieve rare items.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@orical-the-exile

But people don't listen to the cryers in towns. They're usually shunned or ignored completely.

I always completely disable NPC chat whenever I can in MMO.

@orical-the-exile why we need this ??? just a bored that players who want to hunt other go to look who on the list...

absolutely willing to set up an unofficial and anonymous bounty board on my discord.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Looking for a group of people to get the job done? Keep Glims Mercenaries in mind. 😉

• TF#5 - LEGATE

this is my idea for a bounty system. Obviously the "see on map" part would have to be toggled off in zones of relevance, but I think this could be a good start to a bounty system that would involve limited coding and no message board system or additional interface. You just play the game...

-kill 5 players in a row, you're marked as an enemy of X faction. NPCs treat you slightly different, and a small bonus is given to the player who kills you.

-kill 10 players, lots of NPCs won't do business with you, and you show up on the local mini-map of nearby players , and a moderate reward is given to the player who kills you.

-kill 25 players, you're given a lowly title "the outlaw" or some such ... you show up on the local map "press m". A hefty reward is offered.

-kill 50 players, you're given a bigger title "slayer", or something. Etc.

-kill 100, 200, 500... more and more ridiculous titles and rewards.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Rather than an in game bounty system I'd love to see more people taking advantage of mercenary guilds or setting one up themselves.

Being a sandbox game they will avoid any kind of quest setup etc.
    The economy is 100% community driven, I'd love to see the same thing with bounties - no NPC's at all.

@mimi said in Bounties and how they should work (long running discussion):

Rather than an in game bounty system I'd love to see more people taking advantage of mercenary guilds or setting one up themselves.

Being a sandbox game they will avoid any kind of quest setup etc.
    The economy is 100% community driven, I'd love to see the same thing with bounties - no NPC's at all.

eve online is a sandbox and it has quest/missions.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured