Joining a Siege without being required to join the Guild.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

While writing a reply to City Conquering done wrong in Albion thread, I had an idea on how individual people or groups or guilds could participate in castle sieges without the need to join the guild. Usually after the siege you see people leaving the guild.

Most games require you to join a guild to participate in a siege or defense. What's bad about this is you have to leave the guild you're in to join the other guild. What if there was a way that allowed a guild or group to help in a castle/city siege without needed to directly join the guild. What if there was a sub-guild feature that individuals could use. It would work similar to an Alliance but be temporary.

Lets say a castle is being sieged. The defending guild has 20 rl friends of which 10 can be on. A siege requires 50 so they're short 40. They make a post in town or other cities requesting Mercenaries to help defend their castle. Those that volunteer are enlisted as a side-guild (or sub-guild) so they can stay in their own guild. Now that the defense has 50 people they can defend their castle.

Lets say in the same siege the ones wanting to siege the castle have 40 and are short 10. They request the aid from @WhoAteTheCat's guild to assist in capturing the castle. Glims Mercenaries is able to assist and the 10 can join the siege without needing to leave their guild.

@jetah cool idea.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

That's actually a really cool idea. Do we have to move this thread somewhere else for the Devs to see it or do they look everywhere for suggestions?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

As the sieges won't be to take ownership of the city why wouldn't they be just ffa? I think there will be enough rewards for people to participate on both sides. And if there is a limit on either side that means something went wrong.

If we need a limit (and we probably do because of technical limitations) just make player collision boxes big enough that it will limit how many players can enter 🙂 that way fighting will also be clearer. That way it will limit the number of fighting people but not limit participating people.

• Community Manager

@whoatethecat No, it's fine here. We don't have a dedicated suggestions section and the devs frequently read the forum. 🙂

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@tulukaruk I think it's more taking resources from the owners or any goods that they have stored there. It might also destroy one of their trade centres making them a weaker and poorer guild. Could be really cool when tied to the economics.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@whoatethecat that's for attackers 🙂 there need to be some incentive for defender - bigger then not losing stuff 😉 without it only merchants would want to defend cities (as we know private houses will be indestructible and probably impenetrable).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk ppl that help defend through the sub guild system get tax reduction when trading/crafting/gathering in the area belonging to the city?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah cool idea, hope it will get some extended features that you can set it for FFA or 1-3 specific guilds.

I would like to see that different ranks in the guild can set these features up for each siege.

And that the subguild system has an optional botton that sents PM to the leader of that siege saying "I'm ready on TS/Mumble/Discord, drag me to your channel" (I hate ppl that don't do that out of theirselfes)

@benseine

i'm just wanting a system so that i'm not required to leave my guild to join another just to assist a defense or offense. I want to stay in my guild but still assist those that pay the most.

With this system a temporary text channel could be created too for communication between them. Although I'm sure people will be using Discord.

@tulukaruk

i'm not creating a full scenario here. if the defenders want to pay then they can. if they want to offer discounts on goods they create they can. that's the beauty of a sandbox!

I do believe there will be sieges to towns where they can be taken over. at least that should be an additional feature post-release.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Also, for those interested in joining my guild of mercenaries. Be sure to check the link in my quote or the link in the post.

@whoatethecat said in Joining a Siege without being required to join the Guild.:

Also, for those interested in joining my guild of mercenaries. Be sure to check the link in my quote or the link in the post.

how much to kick everyone out? I assume you're a merc too!

• @Jetah They've mentioned that guilds can open their settlements to non guild members, so I imagine anyone living within a sieged settlement would be able to participate.

Instead of sub guilds maybe there can just be a contract system that allows mercenary recruitment of individuals/guilds or temporary alliances. It's more sandboxy and opens up potential political conflict if contracts get broken.

@tulukaruk said in Joining a Siege without being required to join the Guild.:

As the sieges won't be to take ownership of the city

Where did you get that info? Considering there's no limit to the amount of cities a guild can control, there must be a way to take a city from a guild. They also didn't say private houses are indestructable, only that player buildings are protected outside of conquests (keyword conquest).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@target it was supposed to be "not all sieges will be to take ownership".
    And you're right - i missed the part about "outside of city contest".

@target said in Joining a Siege without being required to join the Guild.:

Instead of sub guilds maybe there can just be a contract system that allows mercenary recruitment of individuals/guilds or temporary alliances. It's more sandboxy and opens up potential political conflict if contracts get broken.

sub guild was the only word i could think of that meant what I was thinking. I was thinking of a way to under the banner of said guild but not needing to actually join said guild. I was thinking it could be open to anyone, solo player up to alliances. It would allow a solo player the opportunity to experience the content without being bound to a guild. It could give an opportunity for the guild to recruit a solo player too. It give opportunity for alliances to be formed if members of a guild help another guild.

I know some people just love their small guilds but still want to experience content that requires more people. This would give that option.

It allows the mercenary to stay true neutral without being forced to join a guild to help.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured