Music and bards in Fractured

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I imagine the final game will have taverns with bards and good musics and all, but my question is if in a future update of the game, will be possible to have a bard job, like a merchant or a farmer?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@AngryViking

MUSICIANSHIP
    The school of Musicmanship associates several abilities that can infuse a hint of magic into songs and plays to dramatically increase the impact music has on the souls of the listeners.
    Bards and minstrels using Musicmanship can manipulate the emotions of other people triggering their most basic, animal feelings. Their music can influence any living creation able to hear the performance, but the effect usually doesn't last for long – when the music stops, any affected being soon snaps out of the enchantment. Some Musicmanship techniques even allow for the compression of mana into sound waves able to damage the creations they collide with – a far less pleasant kind of tune.
    The power of most abilities following to this school depends on the Charisma of the bard.

but perhaps there is nothing that says he is a helper in battle, able to master the minds of her enemies or their allies buffet

• TF#5 - LEGATE

That could be great, but I was thinking more if it will be a profession more than a combat ability, but I admit it sounds awesome to manipulate someone's feelings in the battlefield.

@angryviking

Similar to the dances and musicians in SWG?

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus question about ingame music : I think musicanship could use some abilities to buff/debuf group... but in term of roleplay, how dev think implementing crafting score scroll in game ? The use of MML (Music Macro Language) is on the table ?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@jetah Yeah, but more like a profession, like being a bard that can wander from town to town, tavern to tavern, playing songs(either made by the developers or chosen by the player, somehow) and winning coins for that, either by other players or in a standard amount by the developers.

(I never played SWG, but from what I found, it looks good, I guess)

(Of course, it's easier said than done, but I would like to know if something like that could be possible in the future)

@angryviking

In SWG, which I didn't play but heard about, there were Dancers and Musicians which were required professions. Characters had mental attributes which needed to be 'healed' and only way to do that was to watch dancers and listen to music. Basically you had to relax mentally.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@jetah It is a good ideia, and that could be implemented with the more combat part of the bard, like a mage but with more buffs and debuffs for himself and the group. Just throwing out ideas.

@angryviking

Both could be done.

During combat the mental attributes can only be healed by x%. The Bard can provide combat buffs. After combat the Bard can play music to help repair the mental attributes by a certain amount. It'd require a tavern or a players home to fully heal it.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@jetah Yeah, and the bard could, if wishes, work in a tavern for coin, having also an economic value in the game. I hope that is implemented in game at some point, it would make the experience of the game more realistic,

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured