[Tavern Roleplay] The Arcanist's Mill

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

"Fear is for survival, to know when to run, when to retreat. It is good to listen to, but not to be commanded by." Telwath canted his head. "Are you afraid? Tell me, if there is blood spilled, and your kin are in danger, do they think they'll stay to try and protect you, or will they leave you to ensure they survive?" A slow blink. "And if I am wounded and we seem outmatched, do you think my own kin will flee, or will stay and fight to aid me?"

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Looking at the a tavern from the outside, Azhidal asked himself mentally " Should I enter? A drink would be good to ease my nerves after all that happened recently, but seclusion has been working for me". Azhidal looks at his human hands, thinks for a moment, and with a sigh, enters the tavern door, with his cloak covering his face.

Entering the tavern, his first image of the place was a demon in the vicinity, and when he spoted that, his hand closes and his eyes fill with anger and hatred. But for a moment, at the entrance of the tavern, he stops, take a deep breath, and walk to sit at a table, already asking for their strongest drink and always keeping his most powerful spells in mind, for the worst case scenario.

(Sorry if I had anything wrong, I'm not a native and it's my first forum rp, and thanks @Esher, I don`t know where I saw 3 demons)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

(Welcome here, @AngryViking 🙂 You began well, but just one thing, there is one demon, the drunken one, outside with Glim and Rikki ^^ )

"Fear is for survival ? It not works everytime. Sometimes, you're paralyzed by fear, and it not really help you to escape."

A sly grin appeared on the demon face.

"Me ? Afraid ? Where did you find that ? Everybody do what he want, if another demon want to help me, why not ? But it not mean I will help him back. I'm not afraid to be surrounded by ennemies, I like challenges."

Then, he canted his head too.

"And I hope your kin will not flee, I'm not used to let somebody alive in a fight."

• TF#3 - ENVOY

(@AngryViking , great introduction. Don't worry, we aren’t all native speakers here.)

There is a general chaos in the mill, but not the one Malyvern had envisaged. He's actually rather enjoying the philosophical debate between the Udoadra and the Shadow Demon. It reminds him of the many deep talks with various nightmarish beasts in the early hours of the morning at the Singing Grotto.

The mage senses an influx of arcane energy and the source appears to be the newly entered human. Surely another academic from the academy.

“ ‘lo there, friend,” says Malyvern to the newcomer. “Just visiting, or have you been in Kuasrine long?”

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath waves a claw, huffing. "No one finds their death without fear, not Beastman, Human or Demon, there is always fear of losing all you are, of being absent. Even with your confidence you'll survive a fight, you'll misstep sooner or later." His eyes gleam. "And then you'll taste fear on your tongue and I would like you to think of me, of this conversation, when you do."

• TF#5 - LEGATE

(Thanks @Malyvern, happy to know i'm not the only non native here)

Azhidal fury to see a demon so close to made him forget that the tavern was indeed full of all sorts of beings, and seeing that, with the help of the strong alcohol he drank, made him more easygoing with the situation.

Then, looking at this human that introduced to him, with robes and emanating a certain magical power, Azhidal eyes shined with happiness and he gave a big smile before answering

" Hello, my friend, I am not from this region, even thought I have visited a handful of times in search for arcane knowledge. My name is Azhidal and I am happy to see a fellow mage in such place. And you, are here visiting or been here for a long time?"

While Azhidal says that, he alternates looking to this friendly newcomer and the door where is the drunk demon.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

"Just passing through," says Malyvern. "The Mill is famous for its cider." The mage passes a knowing look at Azhidal and extends his hand, " 'round these parts they call me Malyvern. Don't mind the demons," he says, "these ones are mostly harmless."

• TF#10 - CONSUL

"I'm wondering if Hellfire can feel fear" says Esher, looking at the ceiling with a pensive appearance.

Then look back to Telwath with an intense look and a broad smile.

"And I really hope you'll do the same when you'll disappear from this world."

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Azhidal shakes Malyvern hands, and for a second, let his guard down, seeing there is no point in being so tense in such a joyful place, yet still his instinct tell him to keep an eye in the Tartarian, for he knows their threat

"I never visited this tavern, and now I believe I need to have some cider, so I can see for myself why it is so famous. And I'm sorry for the precaution, it's just unsettling to see a demon in our realm. Also, I believe I heard your name, you are famous for being a magic master and a wanderer. I guess we have many things in common"

He asks the barkeeper for 2 mugs of cider, paying one for Malyvern as gratitude for the conversation.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

"We'll see." Telwath muses. "I'm more likely to die of old age, content, then yourself, given the nature of your world."

• TF#10 - CONSUL

"It depend, sometimes, we're at the wrong place, at the wrong moment..."

Esher shook his head with a little smile.

"But I can't disagree, I think the mortality rate in Tartaros is the higher between the three planets. But what doesn't kill you make you stronger, right ?"

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

As Lango aproached Rikki and Glim, he could smell their prejudice. Their faces, their eyes. It was evident. He hate it. Why so much resentment? Why past mistakes condemned him? An inner flame flow from his core and into his eyes, and the little fire he was holding in his hand sparkled in fury.
    "This is not your fight. Stop.", said his head. Like an angel and a demon, his feelings fought in his inside, and trying to calm his inner fire Lango recalled his canteen, left in the bar, with an imperceptible finger move. After all, drinking was his salvation. A sip. Two sips. The third was a large one. Recomforting for sure.

"Hey best-kin, want some?".

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Looking down at the demon that had just addressed him, he uncrosses his arms and steps away from the wall. He is angry, and scared. “N-no, I’m fine.” He stutters.. ‘stutters!’ he thinks, ashamed of himself.

He looks to the Ewydra to see if she had noticed his embarrassment.

You’re a mess, Glimheim! Pull yourself together!
    He takes a deep breath and calms himself. ‘You’ve seen abominations for yourself, fighting against its nature. Who’s to say this demon isn’t the same.

Glim realises the voice he chose to think of saying these things, was the high Druid of his clan.
    “Actually, I will take a sip.” Glim says, standing straight and outstretching his open paw, waiting to be handed the canteen.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Giggling to herself, Rikki's eyes begin to glow again.

"Oh I noticed, big guy." Glim hears, almost like a thought. "I do appreciate you holding back on being aggressive however."

As her eyes dim, she looks at the bear and winks.

"I have to admit, this is something I did not expect to ever see. A demon and a beast-kin sharing a drink. I ought to write it down on my journal."

Giggling once more, she pulls out her pipe and readies to smoke. 'I simply hope no one makes any sudden moves' she thinks to herself.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Feeling like some fresh air, Mimi made to walk toward the door of the tavern but is stopped by a well dressed human in a blue cloak.

"I believe you're travelling with the Nheedra and his men? Could you tell him I must speak with him about moving our timeline forward, matters have arisen I can not ignore." he looks stressed as his eyes wander the room.

"Of course, I'll tell him to meet you at our table." Mimi replies, gesturing back to where she had been seated then continues to make for the door, Glim was here a moment ago.

Turning into the entrance of the tavern she notices Glim leaning against the door frame accompanied by the Erwydra from the bar and oddly, one of the Demons. Walking forward cautiously Mimi is astounded to see Glim accept a drink from the Demon, what has caused this change of heart? Hearing the Erwydra chuckle she startles as her eyes glow a bright blue, that's a powerful magic that can make one such as Glim comfortable enough to take a drink from a Demon, I hope she is trustworthy.

Seeing Mimi approach Glim nods, "What is it lass?"

"The fellow from earlier, the man in need of protection for his caravan, he is looking for you inside." ducking her head shyly Mimi could see the Erwydra fixing her pipe with more tobacco, a sweet smell filling the air.

"My name is Mimi" she said softly to the Erwydra. The Demon, who seemed to be quite intoxicated chuckled at the exchange between them.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Rikki's attention shifts towards the young Erwydra, a warm smile drawing on her face as her eyes continue to glow.

Seconds after, words that could only be heard by the hart-kin were spoken. "Oh, I am aware. I've been looking for you for quite some time. It is my pleasure, young one." Rikki winks as her eyes dim "The name's Rikki. It's nice to meet you." she softly says.

Letting smoke fill her lungs, and exhaling it into the air, she extends her hand, offering a handshake.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Taking Rikki's hand, Mimi couldn't help but gawk awkwardly at her. Rikki's confident manner, the way she walked, talked, and even the way she openly practiced mind altering magic - right where others could see - was something so appealing to Mimi. Such self assurance. It was everything Mimi wanted to be... One day.

"Nice to meet you too."

"We should go and see what this human wants" Glim growled, passing the flask back to the demon who accepted it with a grin, "Coming along?" he asked Mimi.

Still staring at Rikki, Mimi hesitated before answering "What? Oh, yes of course." and not waiting to leave Rikki out, "Did you want to come back inside for some food?"

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

"No." Telwath answers bluntly. "It can leave you crippled and scarred in body, mind and soul. Too much of a wound will never make you strong. I imagine a great many things have tried to kill you."

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

'I'm surprised the liquid in the flask wasn't the blood of a newborn baby... So maybe there are some good demons, like the stories I've heard.' Glim thinks to himself, entering the tavern once more. Scanning for the merchant from earlier, he struts over and collapses into his chair.
    "I was told you wanted to speak to me." Glim says, not so kindly.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

( @WhoAteTheCat you made me laught with the blood x) )

"Sure, but a scar, either physically and mentally, is made to be surpassed. Maybe, in regard of our world, we are more...combative than the others race. Even with two missing arms, a demon will try to solve this problem, and will continue his life. And maybe he will brag about it."

He finished his drink, and ordered a second.

"When we live in a too quiet place, like some planet that I'll not quote the name, the spirit softens, and you're better able to pass out if one of your leg is missing."

The demons smirks at the last phrase of the Udoadra.

"Oh, not a lot of things tried to kill me, nothing really great. Some animals on Tartaros, some demons, my sisters and brothers, some humans, one or two beatsmen... Nothing really...great, more a normal demon life."

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured