Lore is IMPORTANT

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Lore looks to be fairly solid thus far in this game.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Lore sold me on watching for this game, but lore can't make up for gameplay issues, so seeing that they're already putting this much thought into the storyline, gives me high hopes that they're doing the same everywhere else.

@vengu I think they further it. Not only you are in control of the events like in EVE, lore itself is to be gathered. And gathering lore pieces gives you knowledge of different spells and abilities. Also it grants mere knowledge of game world in general. So first part is for the character to advance (similar to XP), second for player to know things around the game.

At least how I understood it, but they neither confirmed nor denied this. They just said 'no XP, lore will be very improtant and to be discovered, game is a lot about exploration'.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@rolanstorm said in Lore is IMPORTANT:

@vengu I think they further it. Not only you are in control of the events like in EVE, lore itself is to be gathered. And gathering lore pieces gives you knowledge of different spells and abilities. Also it grants mere knowledge of game world in general. So first part is for the character to advance (similar to XP), second for player to know things around the game.

At least how I understood it, but they neither confirmed nor denied this. They just said 'no XP, lore will be very improtant and to be discovered, game is a lot about exploration'.

The devs should make the knowledge system like the Tome of Knowledge from Warhammer Online then. That was a very cool feature that we haven't really seen in other games. It would fit the knowledge system perfectly. 😛

@vengu said in Lore is IMPORTANT:

The devs should make the knowledge system like the Tome of Knowledge from Warhammer Online then. That was a very cool feature that we haven't really seen in other games. It would fit the knowledge system perfectly. 😛

Indeed! Totally forgot about that one. The only game that included a book of game's world.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

we need lore!

@warhard Yep! Moar lore. hungrily looks at devs

• DymStudios - CEO

They just said 'no XP, lore will be very improtant and to be discovered, game is a lot about exploration'.

A full Feature Spotlight dedicated to the Knowledge System will be live in the coming weeks - everything will be 100% clean then! :slight_smile:

The devs should make the knowledge system like the Tome of Knowledge from Warhammer Online then.

Parts of the Knowledge System (e.g. Bestiary, Lore) might end up looking quite similar to the Tome of Knowledge of Warhammer Online, so that's a good reference for you to keep in mind. The core of it (learning abilities and general character progression), however, not really... It'll be much more exciting, I'd say! 😄

@prometheus said in Lore is IMPORTANT:

They just said 'no XP, lore will be very improtant and to be discovered, game is a lot about exploration'.

A full Feature Spotlight dedicated to the Knowledge System will be live in the coming weeks - everything will be 100% clean then! :slight_smile:

The devs should make the knowledge system like the Tome of Knowledge from Warhammer Online then.

Parts of the Knowledge System (e.g. Bestiary, Lore) might end up looking quite similar to the Tome of Knowledge of Warhammer Online, so that's a good reference for you to keep in mind. The core of it (learning abilities and general character progression), however, not really... It'll be much more exciting, I'd say! 😄

At last! Answer form a dev.

Do you remember nexu? Catlike creature from Star Wars. At the moment I feel like hungry one pacing back and forth to get that precious info. 🙂 Very interesting.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Parts of this chain made me think of how the WildStar explorers worked. They did have levels in the game but a lot of their progression came through exploring different areas fully and reaching certain hidden areas, combat was normally involved with those parts and parts of the main storyline but seemed like it could be avoided more than most classes.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured