Dungeons

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Still I believe all knowledge should be reachable for everyone. Otherwise it just means showing affinity for one player group. Following the path of other MMOs that catered to PvE crowd.

• Wiki Editor

@gothix said in Dungeons:

@benseine said in Dungeons:

@gothix c'mon Gothix, let them have those few knowledge points on Arboreus we can't reach. We evil demons will just camp the most looked for knowledge points on Tartaros and see if the beastman can lvl more of those +400 skills to lvl 3 then us 😈😎😈

Or play as human, get 120 attribute points, get all good knowledge first, then drop to evil and get all evil knowledge. Get human tech, and play as evil humans and control lands on human planet.

This also sounds appealing, as playing demon does.

Now if a human could get so evil they become a demon...

@kellewic

Nah, that won't be a thing. Humans will be humans, no matter what they do. That's the whole point of their complete freedom, no matter what, they'll always be just human.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine @Gothix you could start as beasts get all knowledge than drop to abominations 😉

@finland said in Dungeons:

@benseine @Gothix you could start as beasts get all knowledge than drop to abominations 😉

This is also a possibility, but would have to know first what exact kind of perks abominations will have. Will it be worth it playing abomination, compared to demon or evil human.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix They said that will be way easier to became an abomination rather than became an angel. Simply it's easier turn evil than good. You can gett all your tast as good then you can turn evil by killing someone good and drop your karma. Once you are evil you can start the divine quest. Abomination grants you to live permanently on Tartaros but as Evil Beast you can live permanently on Syndesia so It's up to you.

Will it be worth it playing abomination, compared to demon or evil human.

Unluckly we don't know much about Abominations and Angels. I think Demons are way better cause they can invade buffed during eclipse at the same time humans have less restrinction. Abominations are like Demons but we don0t know the racials and attributes.

Yeah, I'm in this for the "long term", so I'm not really interested to just quickly try out all the content.

This is why I want to know all the details before choosing what race is best for me, because when I create it, I'm sticking with it.

Also I prefer something more constant, rather then short time buffs, available only during some events. This can be nice, but I find constant things more to my liking.

• Wiki Editor

Yeah, I'm in this for the "long term", so I'm not really interested to just quickly try out all the content.

This is why I want to know all the details before choosing what race is best for me, because when I create it, I'm sticking with it.

Also I prefer something more constant, rather then short time buffs, available only during some events. This can be nice, but I find constant things more to my liking.

I think Humans are the only constant since Beastmen lose abilities off world as do Demons (except during eclipses where they don't get debuffed).

My opinion is long-term I think more people will choose (or switch to) Humans. They get the most stuff and overall have the easiest time due to the freedom they enjoy.

@kellewic said in Dungeons:

I think Humans are the only constant since Beastmen lose abilities off world as do Demons (except during eclipses where they don't get debuffed).

My opinion is long-term I think more people will choose (or switch to) Humans. They get the most stuff and overall have the easiest time due to the freedom they enjoy.

Yeah this is why I also consider human. More attributes to chose, and human tech kinda offsets those demon buffs anyway. Also humans get to fight for control of human world, where the mix of good and evil guilds will be most intense, so sieging and GvG will actually make more sense then on demon world (where everyone is evil) or beastmen world (where everyone is good).

Also human world will have most traffic, as this world is most accessible for all 3 races, so there will be most players roaming around those parts, and it's kinda fun to be able to control zones in which you can set the rules after (you have a feeling you are making an actual impact on the world).

Also as noted, most player density on that world, means most PvP available at more constant intervals.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Also as noted, most player density on that world, means most PvP available at more constant intervals.

Depends how ofter the eclipses will occur and you can invade the most populated planet with your homeworld buffs 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I hope dungeons aren't just giant landfills loaded with garbage mobs. I've yet to see a game actually have intricate dungeons that require thought, teamwork, and expertise. It's always the same stuff: walk in, faceroll mobs, walk out.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Generally excited for dungeons. I'm a big fan of extremely rare drops in dungeons and grinding them out for that eventual chance; makes it that much sweeter when it happens. Hope they allow others to go into dungeons and PvP.

@d0tn3t said in Dungeons:

I hope dungeons aren't just giant landfills loaded with garbage mobs. I've yet to see a game actually have intricate dungeons that require thought, teamwork, and expertise. It's always the same stuff: walk in, faceroll mobs, walk out.

Original "The Secret World".

It's a real shame Funcom ruined it and went for cash grab, completely nerfed model, with Legends expansion.

@unsung

They will except on Arboreus, there won't be much PvP going on there in general.

@gothix

Damn, I miss the original TSW. It hasn't aged well.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I just don't like dungeons in fact, i hope they won't be instanced and meanwhile u're at a boss somebody can come and kill you so you have to be careful

@rehmius said in Dungeons:

I just don't like dungeons in fact, i hope they won't be instanced and meanwhile u're at a boss somebody can come and kill you so you have to be careful

that's the current plan. should be mentioned in the Q&A on DS's youtube or mentioned in the summary of Q&A post here.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hopefully there is plenty of different designs and maps for the dungeons so they can feel like new experiences more often.
    Hopefully in the vein of avoiding the "grinding feeling" of repeating the same dungeons over and over again.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix Funcom previous game Age of Conan also had lots of chalenging dungeon, especially in the Kitai expansion

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Agreed that should all be fun 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Dungeons FTW!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured