Hand Holding

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

This day in age information spreads so quickly I just hope that there is no hand holding and that they make things genuinely difficult so that we have a game that piques interest for many days to come.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Yeah I hate hand holding. Tell me the necessities and lemme go

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

they say that any character can do anything, but i really hope that wont necessarily be the case.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@buffybean You can but not forced to. I mean you have a board where you can see the progress. You may unlock 400 abilities between lots of school. The hotbar can hold a maximum of 8 between abilities and consumables. You can build up what you want. So it's up to you if go hybrid or focus on one school.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@buffybean said in Hand Holding:

they say that any character can do anything, but i really hope that wont necessarily be the case.

They say that but I doubt you'll be effective at everything. If you don't put any points in INT, I doubt that your spells are going to be very useful. 😛

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

They are making the game solo friendly, so it will not be as difficult as you would hope.

However, I do hope that at least a part of content will be difficult and require well organized groups, and player skills, so that only like 20% of player base (on average) is able to do it.

Not everyone should be able to do everything, otherwise whats the point if there is no competitivness. Competitive crowd will just leave and play something else.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in Hand Holding:

They are making the game solo friendly, so it will not be as difficult as you would hope.

However, I do hope that at least a part of content will be difficult and require well organized groups, and player skills, so that only like 20% of player base (on average) is able to do it.

Not everyone should be able to do everything, otherwise whats the point if there is no competitivness. Competitive crowd will just leave and play something else.

That content will be gathering resources from one planet to another and exploring on other planets. So Beastkin exploring Tartaros and demons exploring on Arboreus. A well balanced concept. Anything else will just turn into grindspots I think.

Solo for most PvE but not PvP.

Why would developers create content, spending resources so 20% of the population can see said content?

@jetah said in Hand Holding:

Solo for most PvE but not PvP.

Why would developers create content, spending resources so 20% of the population can see said content?

Why did vanilla WoW have Naxxramas? (that only like 5% of population could do, and only 1% of population could clear it)

Because competitive players want to have something to work for, something to strive for, something that takes time and effort and isn't just easily doable. They want something that when they finally succeed to "have bragging rights on", to have accomplishment not reachable for everyone.

Competitive crowd is seeking MMOs like that, and if some MMO is made so everyone can simply do everything, then whats the point?

Of course, developers can chose to make MMO like that, but such choice will send a bulk of competitive players that like the challenge away to play something else.

PvP will of course be challenging - if sensitive folk don't get their way and it ends up punished 😉 however there should also be a part of PvE not doable by everyone and his mother.

At least I'm hoping for such MMO. I don't want Farmville 2.0 with upgraded graphics.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

the concept of "hand holding" isnt a simple "you either do it or you dont" thing. theres an extent to where you absolutely need a tutorial and need to decide how much you want the player to figure out on their own. obviously for people following the game since early as hell development u aint gonna need much of a tutorial about anything other than controls, but tutorials are supposed to be designed around people who pick the game up without knowing much about it.

as for my preferred amount of tutorialization, basic controls at the start, tell em how to kill a thing, afterwards give the option to talk to NPCs or something to learn how the more mechanical stuff works. and make use out of hovering over stuff!!!! cant tell the amount of times i wanted to know exactly what DEX did but there was no way to know in-game.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@finland said in Hand Holding:

I mean you have a board where you can see the progre

But I enjoy a unique aspect of the game where I know I wont see someone with the same skills as I unless they went down this specific path. A path that would be only available to those of a certain character or attribute.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@myux Amen, not knowing what a stat does is a massive turn off.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@lightdrinker

PLAYER ATTRIBUTES
    The following paragraphs cover the effect of each of the six attributes in brief.

For more information on what types of abilities they influence in detail, have a look at the Skills & Spells Galore spotlight!

STRENGTH
    Strength is a measure of the raw physical power of your character, determining how hard it can hit with melee attacks, how much weight it can carry, its base armor rating, its ability to intimidate other creatures and to break objects. It also grants a significant bonus to maximum life, and is used as a requirement to equip heavy armors and weapons.

Reaching a Strength score of 20 gives the character a unique powerful boost to melee damage.

Strength is the main attribute for heavy melee hitters that want to deal the highest damage in the game, being able to double-wield large weapons or hold massive 2-handed ones.

A character heavily focused on Strength wants to end a fight as quickly as possible with a small amount of devastating hits, stunning and knocking down its opponents, especially as it often lacks the physical and mental resources to sustain lengthy battles.

DEXTERITY
    Dexterity is a measure of the speed, nimbleness, stealth and sleight of hands of your character, determining its accuracy and evasion ratings, the cooldowns of combat-related and mobility-based abilities, the chance to inflict critical hits, the stealthiness of its actions and its skills with traps and lockpicks.

Reaching a Dexterity score of 20 gives the character a unique powerful boost to evasion ratings.

Dexterity is the main attribute of nimble fighters and furtive characters that wear light equipment to prevent armor from interfering with their combat abilities and hold (or double-wield) small, fast weapons.

Characters heavily focused on Dexterity can avoid critical hits while inflicting them on their opponents with surgical precision. Reacting quickly to any situation is the key to their success – and they have all they need to do so effectively.

INTELLIGENCE
    Intelligence is a measure of the learning capabilities and magical power of a character, determining its memory, its ability to understand unidentified items, the intensity and cooldown of its magical spells, its ability to persuade people with logic and natural resistance to magic. It also determines the maximum value of Mana and its regeneration rate.

Reaching an Intelligence score of 20 gives the character a significant boost to Mana regeneration.

Although Intelligence is an obvious requirement for aspiring mages, it’s really unwise not to raise it to a score of at least 10 during character creation, disregarding the type of hero you’re trying to build. This is because Intelligence plays a key role in learning new abilities faster and allows a character to memorize more abilities at the same time, as explained in the next chapter.

Magic tricks and incantations represent the full extent of the offensive and defensive power of a sorcerer, making the increased memory given by Intelligence particularly useful. Moreover, a reliable pool of mana can make the difference between success and defeat, especially since powerful wizards usually achieve their powers sacrificing most of their physical strength.

CONSTITUTION
    Constitution is a measure of the physique and endurance of a character, determining its natural resistance to poisons and natural elements, how much it can carry and the response of its body to potions. It also determines its maximum amount of Life.

Reaching a Constitution score of 20 gives the character the ability to slowly regenerate Life over time without external intervention.

Given the impact of Constitution on the resilience of your character, it’s also recommended you don’t lower it too much, unless you’re planning to be able to defend yourself otherwise through magical means.

Fighters willing to enhance their powers with alchemical concoctions also benefit significantly from a high Constitution score, which not only increases the effect and duration of most potions, but also grants the character a natural resistance to the negative side effects of the most powerful ones.

PERCEPTION
    Perception is a measure of the accuracy and observation skills of a character, determining its chances to score critical hits and the damage they do, its accuracy rating, its ability to instinctively identify items, to spot hidden creatures, traps and treasures and to find valuable resources while gathering.

Reaching a Perception score of 20 gives the character a significant boost to its accuracy rating.

Some people need years of study and practice, others just get it naturally… Instinct, keen sight and acute intuition are essential for bounty hunters, rangers, and assassins. Their senses give them a natural expertise with most weapons and combat techniques, and allow them to quickly identify the best magical items and valuables among unclaimed treasures and the corpses of their victims.

CHARISMA
    Charisma is a measure of the leadership and mental abilities of a character, determining the amount of pets and companions it can control at once, its ability to charm other creatures and its affinity with mental abilities, which increases psychic damage and psychic resistance. It also grants a moderate bonus to item identification, makes interactions with NPCs easier and more effective, and determines the base luck of the character.

Reaching a Charisma score of 20 gives the character a significant boost to its luck.

Some say luck is blind, but knowing yourself and having faith in your abilities often helps a lot! Charisma is used by leaders and kings to raise among people, by minstrels to convey emotions to the souls of their audience, by tricksters to deceive their victims with illusions, and by trainers to earn the respect of their pets.

When chances between life and death depend on the throw of a dice, Charisma makes the difference, skewing the balance towards the best result.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@buffybean So you love the classic design of classes. This is way better cause you may be way more flexible. like picking a shield form healing school. a leap from combat school. A frost wall from frost school. things like this makes you be unique.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

All I hope for is that the devs don't treat me like I'm stupid. I hate how many developers these days dumb their games down to the lowest common denominator.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu do you mean to make a game too easy to be accessible for everyone also 4 yo child?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in Hand Holding:

@vengu do you mean to make a game too easy to be accessible for everyone also 4 yo child?

Exactly, like what Blizzard is doing to WoW.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu I agree. Too easy is not always better. Hard to give something for everything by keeping variable difficulties. Vanilla WoW and TBC were another game 😢

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I don't necessarily mind if the beginning of the game is easy. But if it gets to the point where I don't feel connected with the world or I can just watch netflix while playing I wont be invested enough to just play to play. I just hate getting to the end of a game like an MMO only to find you don't have to go to the world for anything.

Many games these days are doing that where you don't ever need to go into the world for anything and just teleport every which way which makes the world feel insignificant. You should want to feel like the world is alive

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mrchipps said in Hand Holding:

Many games these days are doing that where you don't ever need to go into the world for anything and just teleport every which way which makes the world feel insignificant. You should want to feel like the world is alive

Yeah I hate that too. I loved Vanilla WoW where you were forced to travel till the entrance of the dungeon. Summon stone and lock class that could summon players was also cool ause you needed players to complete the summon ritual.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured