Respawn planet

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm curious how respawn planet will be dealt with.

On one side we have invading demons that should respawn on their home planet so it's harder for them to get back into fight. One the other we have angels and abominations - it might be very unpleasant for them to respawn on ex-home planet 😉 In the middle we have neutral beastkin and demons that might want to live on Syndesia and getting back there each time after someone kills them might be a pain.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk I hope that will be something like getting your body back or the nearest graveyard respown point.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

probably the usual nearest spawn point?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

why would an angel demon respawn on tartaros? if that happens then there's a bug in the code, which needs to be fixed.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah why would you be teleported once dead? If you die on Tartaros you should be able to respown in the closest graveyard. Same for Syndesia and Arboreus. Bu I really hope on ress spells and the chance to get back our body by running to it.

@finland said in Respawn planet:

@jetah why would you be teleported once dead? If you die on Tartaros you should be able to respown in the closest graveyard. Same for Syndesia and Arboreus. Bu I really hope on ress spells and the chance to get back our body by running to it.

uh how would the mandatory teleport work after the demon invasion? if demons can just respawn on the planet they invaded.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah well you have a timer restrinction of 30 mins. Would be unfain to teleport you out after 5 mins. You can stay 30mins/24h per day. Death and respown will not reset/refresh the timer so it's way fair to respown to the closest graveyard instead to get tele out from the planet.

@finland and if I’m dead when the 30m toner is over what happens? I stay on the planet? Am I teleported out?

If I stay you know I’m going to kill people. I’ll make sure there are many of dead when the timer ends so we have more time on the planet.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah if the timer has gone you will be teleported to the nearest graveyard on Tartaros (if you are a Demon on Arboreus) or on the nearest graveyard on Syndesia (if you are an Human on Arboreus). I hope something like: if you run out of time you will be shotted.

If you can pick/set your alignment (good/neutral/evil) during a resting period, wouldn't it be logic that you could pick your respawn point alongside that as well? And if the timer is up on another planet, you can always get a forced back teleport to the standard spawn point of your alignment-race combination, if you have set a spawn point you can't access.
    That would solve all possible edge cases and issues, while providing the highest amount of flexibility.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah well you have a timer restrinction of 30 mins. Would be unfain to teleport you out after 5 mins. You can stay 30mins/24h per day. Death and respown will not reset/refresh the timer so it's way fair to respown to the closest graveyard instead to get tele out from the planet.

In this post Prometheus said you're always able to return - so my guess is there is no time-out / limit to 30 mins visits and mayhem. That's why I would think that kicking demon out of beastkin planet after death would be preferable.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk in the las spotlight he said that an evil player can't stay longer than 30mins every 24h. There should be a counter to manage that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk in the las spotlight he said that an evil player can't stay longer than 30mins every 24h. There should be a counter to manage that.

I've missed that - can you link it where he said that?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@tulukaruk

Indeed, only Humans with Good alignment are allowed to walk the lands of Arboreus for a considerable amount of time – 20/40 real-world hours, thus being able to explore a good portion of the world at once, collecting resources and acquiring knowledge.

If you’re a Human with Neutral alignment, you can also stay for a while – around 5/10 hours, penalized only by a slight stat debuff. However, if you get flagged as Aggressive, you are immediately treated as Evil, suffering all the penalties explained below.

If your character has an Evil alignment and you manage to enter Arboreus, well, now you’re in trouble! The planet itself, pervaded by the primal energy of Elysium, immediately starts fighting to repel you. You become heavily debuffed, and normally pacific creatures turn aggressive against you, seeking you out to rip you apart. Even worse, you are only allowed to stay on Arboreus for half an hour at once, and you are quickly drained of all vital energies if you step into a Good-only area.

• @finland That just says that you're limited to 30 mins per entry. We don't know if that's limited to once per day or if there even is a limit to how often you can return.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Finland just like @Target said it doesn't say anywhere it's limited per day and in the post I've linked @Prometheus said

You're always able to return

So that suggests that there is no cooldown.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

What's the sense of 30mins if you can go back again without a counter restrinction? I really hope there will be a timer. Otherwise invasions will happen easly.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland cause going back should be more troublesome then just clicking on portal 😉

@tulukaruk said in Respawn planet:

@finland cause going back should be more troublesome then just clicking on portal 😉

That'd be the question. Since we know that people need to cooperate in order to open a gate between the planets, it could very well be that one part of demons tackles the 'opening' part and another is the invading force, once the portal is used up, the 'builders' instantly go to creating the next one and the invaders would just 'click' on it.
    That'd mean both ' not easy' (requires massive coordination and teamwork on a completely PvP spot) and yet 'just click' at the same time.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain dunno how hard will be create a portal (neither if we have to build one) but if evil people can tp to a planet without a debuff time restrinction that will make no sense to me. There should be a counter to limit the time per day each player can stay on Arboreus. 30mins limit in a ping-pong design is not a good design. Evil people should have just few mins every day so they are forced to decide what to do during the 30 mins. Said this I really hope on a debuff after 30 mins (like: you can not teleport to Arboreus for 23h and 30mins).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured