Argument for meaningful choice in crafting with time gates for a diverse economy.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Currently Fractured allowes freedom of choice with time gates between changing said choices. This is seen in how any character can have any point buy stat block they like but have to wait a week before making a change. This allows freedom to change but with enough restrictions so your choice is meaningfull and long enough of a time gap that when you find a good build you can enjoy it for a while before others counter.
    By 500kp this freedom of choice continues as you have access to all skills and all talent points and can swap quickly without any loss of your hard earned KP.

I think that this pattern where you are restricted to using a subset of your total earned skills, talents, or a specific stat block could be extended to crafting in order to create differences in crafter builds and thus diversity of market goods avalible and scarcity.

If you were restricted to, say 6, of your known T2 recipes (the ones with set bonuses), for a period of two to four weeks then it is more likely that your goods will not be swamped by others as they too need to pick 6 for the time period and if some items are not picked then the demand for those will go up and every few weeks people will change their choices in order to adapt.

If you are not a serious crafter playing the market then the 6 will be enough to craft the armor set you use as well as the weapon/shields you use.

This way serious crafters can have a market with specilization and diversity and if they really want all recipes active and avalible to them they can have multiple accounts.

Another side, but related, issue is the current system of item grind required to increase mastery.
    While a good resource sink it can be frusterating to use all those resources just to trash the item or use your limited market slots in an attempt to sell the low rank items.

We could take a page from the orb system and give recipes a longer life and demand instead.
    Like orbs the first recipe could unlock the item and increasingly more of the same recipe would be needed to increase your crafting mastery of that item.

Then when you pick your, just for example, 6 recipies to use that time period they are crafted at the crafting mastery you have obtained through collection and use of those recipes.

It would give more demand for the recipes in a specific subset of the players -crafters- who value it greatly while other players can be satisfied with unlocking it and crafting their own lower rank items for grind and buying special higher rank items from master crafters for special situations.

All this time your effort and work is not lost, you just are restricted to a sub set of what you have earned in order to allow diversity in builds such that your choice of specilization has meaning since not everyone will have it.

Thoughts?

• I don't like the idea of restricting players.. crafting should use ressources and time but should not have other fences.

I think the concept of recipes should be deleted from the game at all. With the current implementation, the recipes will flood the market once everyone has learnt was he needs.. Changing the system to require even more recipes or reducing the drop-rate will not fix this problem.. it might only prevent players from getting the gear and setup they want and create frustration..

The game should be playable with one account.. pushing ppl into buying more accounts to be able to craft different items is the worst way I can imagine.. I also hate to be restricted to only 1 house per account.. but this is another to topic (some ppl already have multiple accounts, up to 6?! to be able to build more houses... this restriction is so stupid).

We should also keep in mind, that not all ppl can spend 3-8h per day playing FO. We need solutions that also allow casual players to be part of the world.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Opportunity cost is the best gating mechanism I know of: if you're spending time progressing one discipline, you're not progressing another. No other limitation needed. 🙂

• I dont think restricting players is a good idea. I see 2 possible ways to solve this problem:

1- Make recipes consumable and increase their drop rate significantly. This would make sure that recipes do not flood the market after 1 month and become worthless/meaningless.

2- Remove recipes completely. I think this is the easiest solution but then, we might need new progression systems to keep crafters interested.

I do not like the current crafting system where one needs to craft primitive items to level up that tree so that T2 weapons can be crafted with higher quality. I believe Albion has a good crafting system where all crafted items are relevant and contributes to the economy. You can sell your crafted items in the market, you craft and study the items for improved crafting experience or you can salvage those items to obtain some ofthe materials. I think this system would be nice to see in Fractured but devs seem to not go for salvage/study paths mentioned before.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Clinion

I suggested number one in a different post, they said the community already discarded it. Sad.

@Clinion
    there's some news coming for the recipes, for now I suggest to focus the discussion on the other issues.

• I mean, splitting the crafting into multiple tables and parts is pretty efficient for slowing people down.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured