Dear Devs, can we get the map fixed please?

• Hello,

i wrote this on discord a few times and even filled 2 bugreports over months but NOTHING is being done and the game is 100% unplayable for a good load of players includin freinds canwe get THIS fixed please? check screenshot

3YfZRiW.jpeg

• Content Creator

it may not be fixable.

Before you get up in arms, let me explain:

In order to fix a bug, they need to be able to replicate said bug. If they can't replicate the bug, then they don't have the means to determine what's causing it in your system, and developers aren't able to test on every single computer configuration out there to ascertain what systems will produce certain bug such as this one.

Yes, this means a portion of the potential playerbase cannot play the game, however, it also means there is nothing they can reasonably do about it. I'm sure they are still looking into it, around other bugs they can fix, but this is quite probably a 'you' problem, not a 'they' problem, in that something about your system, or its settings is causing this, and insufficient information has gone to the devs to determine why.

Could be your graphics card, how you have the graphic settings selected, insufficient graphic memory, even another system on your computer trying to use the same resources in the background causing the error. It is unknown.

Fact is, they can put in system requirements, but you may not meet them, and there may be just certain cards that might technically meet the requirements, but lack something they haven't identified as a requirement to make their game work.

• @Pedobear have you tried running the game repair function in the launcher yet?
    I had a similar type of issue with the UI the first time I launched it (my download had gotten interrupted) and running the repair sorted it out. Hope it works for you.

• @KatoNamus yes i had this probme 10minths ago and now again, actually alot of people i talk to have that problem

some GM once said its the Shaders of older Graphics Card and can be fixed if the devs really want...

• Content Creator

@Pedobear even if it is the Shader, that doesn't mean the Devs can definitely fix it. You can however diable some of your graphic settings to ease up on the shader.

• @GamerSeuss said in Dear Devs, can we get the map fixed please?:

@Pedobear even if it is the Shader, that doesn't mean the Devs can definitely fix it. You can however diable some of your graphic settings to ease up on the shader.

how would that work please?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

ongoing problem since beta began. one of the things that is overlooked and only affects a small percentage of players. hopefully will be addressed soon. sorry it has happened to you

• Content Creator

@Pedobear Mind you, there is no guarantee this will help, however:

Go into settings, under Video, and under Advanced settings, disable some or all of the optional settings there. Shadow Quality is probably the most important that has any effect on how the game interacts with the shader, so setting it to Low or None might help.

The main issue is probably that you have an integrated graphics card on your motherboard as opposed to a dedicated graphics card, which technically means your system doesn't really meet the system requirements of the game. Even though some integrated cards work, and benchmark similar to the requirements, in essence, they rarely do work for higher end graphic games, and although FO doesn't have a lot of really high end graphic requirements, the system does use some.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I tested alot for this bug a year ago with debug builds to try figure out the issue.
    Suspected to be related to limitations in supported functionality for some older graphics cards in combination with the changes made to the map when they added more advanced features to it.

• @GamerSeuss said in Dear Devs, can we get the map fixed please?:

n integrated graphics card on your motherboard as opposed to a dedicated graphics card, which technically means your system doesn't really meet the system requirements of the game. Even though some integrated cards work, and benchmark similar to the requirements, in essence, they rarely do work for higher end graphic games, and although FO doesn't have a lot of really high end graphic req

Thanks i tried that doesnt work

also i dont have a integrated Card, i use a GeForce GTX 760 with 3 Monitors and even 16gb ram

• Content Creator

@Pedobear what I have found about your specific card:

"Unlike the fully unlocked GeForce GTX 680 Mac Edition, which uses the same GPU but has all 1536 shaders enabled, NVIDIA has disabled some shading units on the GeForce GTX 760 OEM to reach the product's target shader count. "

Which comes from nVidea's tech specs website. The disabled shader units it goes on to say makes it only technically compatible with DirectX 12, failing in newer 12 applications.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured