Fractured Online - Early Access

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Arcahem said in Fractured Online - Early Access:

(...)❓ Have any questions?
    Leave them as a comment below(...)

As @Infernox and @Farlander asked, is there any news and details on how you plan on handling Steam? (I assume Steam is going to start the Gamigo launcher? Do we need to separately log in there, or can the Steam account be used as login? Does the countdown with the Steam symbol on the homepage suggest that Steam is going to be supported right from the beginning of the Early Access?)

Is there any information if asteroids and Arboreus PoIs/events are going to be available on the 15th or if they are going to be patched later? How will we access/travel to asteroids? How long will they last and are they announced when entered, or announced when 'spawned'?
    And is there information if beastman are going to have an own tutorial island? How will transforming work (hotbar slot?) Do you carry crystal in your backpack, or can you 'store' it somehow in the body for later transformation? Is there a cooldown between transformation and how long does it last? Is equipment having effects during transformation? Are we going to get a map of Arboreus before the start? Will equipment/weight have an effect on stargate travel cost and is the travel per person, per group, or per time? How long can beastman stay on Syndesia and (good) humans on Arboreus? What happens if the time runs out/when logging out there?
    What happens if a beastman changes alignment on the human planet and goes back to Arboreus?

• Content Creator

@Logain 15th is specifically Steam EA so Steam should be available right away, barring complications.

Asteroids had been pushed to around Tartarus patch last I heard, but roadway should say for sure.

@GamerSeuss said in Fractured Online - Early Access:

@Logain 15th is specifically Steam EA so Steam should be available right away, barring complications(...)

Emphasis on 'should' 😉 Hence why I'm asking 😛

Asteroids had been pushed to around Tartarus patch last I heard, but roadway should say for sure.

Where/when did they state that? And did they provide a reason? If they have finished their map building/procedural generation tools like Jacopo hinted in a recent steam, it should be a low hanging fruit, shouldn't it? All required functionality (server travel/procedural map generation/map based PvP rules) should be already available now.

• Content Creator

@Logain They did say, even with the procedural map tool, that encounter zones, like PoIs are still individually coded/filled, and an Asteroid could be looked at as a big PoI or small close gatherings of PoIs.

(...) an Asteroid could be looked at as a big PoI or small close gatherings of PoIs.

From what we know, asteroids were supposed to appear somewhat randomly, which means they would have the be procedural generated. You can't have a dedicated developer curate content by hand every other hour/day so that there's a constant influx of asteroids.

• Content Creator

@Logain Asteroids are supposed to show up kind of randomly, but not necessarily very close together. I don't believe the intent is to constantly have one asteroid after another spawn, and of course, they could once developed, reuse a given asteroid's layout, so curate once, rinse and repeat.

Also, the tool for creating the smaller scale asteroids then may be different than the major map tool, and thus may not be developed yet, who's to say.

(...)may not be developed yet, who's to say.

Logic. Common software development strategies? 😉
    Usually software engineers (should) try to keep code modular, in order to provide ability of reuse and a small map is hardly different from a larger map. But that discussion is moot, you don't know, I don't know, I was hoping for somebody who knows (CM/dev) to respond.

• Content Creator

@Logain Devs are mainly focused on developing right now. They don't interact on forums as much anymore. Sometimes, but rarely. They are amping up and have less time to respond here.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Farlander said in Fractured Online - Early Access:

Since it is steam early access can we assume we are getting steam keys for those who kickstarted?

Can we get an answer to this question?

• Content Creator

no, to play on Steam, you have to buy via Steam. you can, however add it as a non-steam game for launching purposes

• @tulukaruk answer is they don't appreciate us enough to provide steam copies.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured