Feedback on Legends

• Content Creator

@Logain actually, i like this idea and could see it explored further

Yeah, I did propose similar alternatives.

I actually proposed to have 2 different reagent combinations on the altar.

Easy mode and hard mode. Easy mode is the current one. Hard more requires more reagents and the legend is harder, but there is no announcement.

I.E. pvp mode and pve mode.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@spoletta said in Feedback on Legends:

(...)I actually proposed to have 2 different reagent combinations on the altar(...)

I had considered the same, but that (should) require more change to the code and is less congruent and intuitive. Legendary creatures have to work on Arboreus, Syndesia and Tartaros, preferably, they should behave the same on all three planets though (which isn't the case with the current implementation). Cities behaving different, on the other hand is logical (since cities are displayed and advertised as the group PvP element of Syndesia) and there has to be differences in the code already (can't siege a city on Arboreus). When cities require prestige upkeep on Syndesia. but not on Arboreus, that's intuitive, as long as neutral/evil players can get prestige from legendary creatures.
    Additionally, this ensures more PvP content for Syndesia (upkeep is weekly for multiple cities) with players that already favor PvP, but not with players that would rather avoid PvP as much as possible (which is in line with the 'lawful PvP part' of Syndesia).

• Content Creator

Remember too that only Humans in the initial Brief, have the option of Tech Levels, which is one of the main reasons to upgrade a city. Thus Tartarus and Arborea cities won't have as big a need for Prestige as it sits now, unless they develop another reason for upgrades.

@GamerSeuss said in Feedback on Legends:

(...) no way Fractured can be completely Horizontal. Even I admit that. It is, however, about as Horizontal as a game can get away with and still be fun and have combat themes at all(...)

@Prometheus said in Feedback on Legends:

(...)the main reward of legends are the Lost Tales. You really don't care at all about those?

If a main source of 'experience'/'progress' (knowledge points) and the intended main reward behind end game PvE is irrelevant, that's not horizontal progress, but a soft cap on vertical progress (TP are a significant difference) and the horizontal progress is based on gear.
    Given that Prometheus has previously stated intent on balancing available KP before launch and the fact that one of the main incentives behind VIP is faster KP generation, I'd say it's not unreasonable to assume the the KP from Legendary creatures are going to be essential on launch and/or more skills are going to be required to play as a non mage character as well (if progression is supposed to happen through KP and is supposed to be horizontal, that would have to be the case/design goal).

@GamerSeuss said in Feedback on Legends:

Remember too that only Humans in the initial Brief, have the option of Tech Levels, which is one of the main reasons to upgrade a city. Thus Tartarus and Arborea cities won't have as big a need for Prestige as it sits now, unless they develop another reason for upgrades.

It would be kind of odd game design, if there's no reason to upgrade a city, when that's one of the late game time/resource sinks.
    As for the need for prestige, in my suggestion, cities in Arboreus would work exactly like the ones on Syndesia do now (there is an initial need for prestige to reach a certain level) and as they are intended for Arboreus currently.
    But cities on Syndesia and Tartaros would require a constant influx of additional prestige (past a certain level), similar to how they require food now (it's an easy enough addition code wise, because there's supposed to be one more food added for launch anyway). That prestige is generated through summoning and killing legendary creatures as neutral/evil player. So, there is a constant need for prestige and a constant need to kill legendary creatures (while PvP enabled), which resolves both issues, PvE players get a threefold of late game PvE content without requiring work by DS and PvP players get constantly more PvP and with people who want to PvP (the reason behind the thread).

• Content Creator

actually, there's another thought, maybe a recipe, ANY recipe can also be required for Legend summons. That gives us a Recipe sink, because they do become obsolete eventually.

You have me curious @GamerSeuss, what do you think is the deterring factor for people, that keeps them from attempting legendary creatures.

• Content Creator

@Logain My thoughts are, the biggest deterring factor for legends are:

1. Possibility of getting Ganked as a PvE player
    2. Amount of Resources needed to Summon them.
    3. Currently, many of the Legends do not work.
    4. Once all Lore Pages are gained, they don't really offer up much that is worthwhile based on the consumption of the reagents at the alters. I mean, legendary reagents are good, but currently at least, they are scarce enough that nobody is using them for enchants, and the enchant system needs an overhaul anyway as many reagent attributes are completely unused.

I am not opposed to some other value being added to Legends, and I definitely want to see Legends opened up more for the purely PvE characters out there, not just a beacon for PvP players to come in. Your idea with Prestige is intriguing, I do admit, and the double summons idea has merit as well.

I don't think Legends need to drop gold, unless said Legend is a Gold-mob anyway (Wolf Legend shouldn't drop gold, nor Spider, nor Bear, but Goblin or Jotun or Primordial, sure).

@Logain said in Feedback on Legends:

I'd like to provide an alternative suggestion and would love feedback.

Now that fits! I like the notion of tying the prestige to the legends like you suggested, very interesting. Even if they don't go that route, however, the idea of using the summoning group's alignment to determine whether the Legend is announced before arrival is fantastic.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured