5+ hours to respawn a resource node?!

• Is this a joke? What the hell?! How is anyone supposed to do anything when they can't even get these basic resources!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@WolfOfRavens said in 5+ hours to respawn a resource node?!:

How is anyone supposed to do anything when they can't even get these basic resources!

If you explore the land, you can usually find more than just one spawn-point per resource and trade is a viable alternative as well.
    Exploration is/was supposed to be a key selling point for Fractured.

• Content Creator

There are plenty of the resource nodes you need most (aka basic resources) scattered around, and they will probably adjust the respwn rate a little before actual release based on feedback from the players.

For a house, you mainly just need Stone and Wood logs.

Trees are everywhere and give between like 3 and 6 logs when chopped down. That's pretty plentiful, although there is a bit of competition in the beginning, after a wipe, as EVERYONE is trying to build at once, which is to be expected.

Stones are more scarce, but Stone nodes are marked on the main map so you know where clusters spawn. Originally, each node gave 2 bricks of Stone when harvested, and they may find that is worth going back too. Another possibility is maybe the nodes will randomly yield 1 or 2 stones. That would be good.

Everyone rushes to get cities and houses up as fast as possible, but from the game's standpoint, there does need to be some feeling of Time being required to build a house/city afterall.

This is part of why towns require 20 settlers. It's assumed each settler will put in a little effort to build the city, and possibly their own house too.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@WolfOfRavens said in 5+ hours to respawn a resource node?!:

Is this a joke? What the hell?! How is anyone supposed to do anything when they can't even get these basic resources!

You would be amazed at how fast a city can be built or a house go up with the resource respawn set to 5 hours. I do admit that a random spawn of 1 or 2 stones per node would be nice, but it would be very bad for the economy, and make the game really boring if that happened to any other resource.

• I understand the point and I can agree that for a solo player who wants to do some gathering/crafting by himself, it can be very frustrating. Because my observations is that, if there are 3-4 active players around a mining node, it can be impossible to gather anything from those mines as they will be already collected. This needs to be tested in detail but to test this, we need more players(i.e. high density in small areas)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured