carrying capacity for non-STR chars

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

So I haven't yet had the opportunity to play in any of the alphas, so I wanted to throw out this question for those who did. I know in a lot of other games I've played (both MMO's and single-player RPG's) where carrying capacity is dictated by strength, I've generally found it to be a serious liability to be a non-STR based character. It would seem like I'd barely be out "adventuring" for 15 minutes and suddenly I couldn't loot any more without having to head back to town and unload.

Now from what I've read, it seems like we're not going to be seeing things like suits of armor dropping as a result of landscape killing/questing. But in a game with extremely limited "fast travel" options, I am still worried that this is going to be a real frustration.

Could anyone who has played the alpha some want to chime in with your experience about this?

• Hello hero MithrilSoul,

Carryweight is affected by strength.
    Each creature type is assigned a basic carrying capacity and is offset against strength to determine the final capacity.
    The full calculation is: Carry Weight (kg) = Base + (Str * 6)

You will find in general that Fractured heavily disincentives dumb stats.
    Yes, having a very low Strenght value will indeed be an issue, especially because many like to bring 10 small stones with them to be ready to set up a camp. Consider also that everything equipped does count toward the weight limit.
    But that is true for pretty much any stat. Low constitution? You have to rest much more often, and will always be scavenging for more stones. Low int? Your mana does not regenerate. Low perception? Accuracy is used for pretty much anything.

Fractured rewards balanced builds. Last 2 tests I have run with 15 15 15 15 10 10, and I had a very flexible char, without everyday issues and still pretty good in pvp and pve.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@spoletta said in carrying capacity for non-STR chars:

Fractured rewards balanced builds. Last 2 tests I have run with 15 15 15 15 10 10, and I had a very flexible char, without everyday issues and still pretty good in pvp and pve.

This is actually really encouraging for me to hear. I've played some games where (relatively) balanced builds are viable, but I have also played games where if you don't absolutely max out on one (or two) primary stat(s), you are basically screwed. I like flexible, balanced builds so this is really exciting news.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

If you want to have carry weight for only certain circumstances, there is the path of strength on the talent tree which increases carry weight by up to 60%? and increase strength by 2 for a total of 14 talent points (15 if you want the end ability where you do not get slowed as much when weighed down)

I would pop points into it whenever I was going to harvest crops (they are heavy) or do a trade run to another town.

Also note that you can get up to a +8 to a stat from equipment: +4 from armor (warg leather is cheep), +3 from necklace (very very expensive for the +3, less for a +1), +1 from shield

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@LordSkykal

Con also effects carrying weight last time I saw..

It does not.

CON affects the rest gauge, which is also affected by carried weight, but there is no effect of CON on carried weight.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured