Plot unkeep

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

What happens if you will not pay fee for the plot on time?

I got some brake on resting and my house dissapeared from server.

Probably I put not enough gold, but I think that the house should be still on map for players to buy plot again with all stuff. Is it intended or bug?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Intended
    You can stock the house upkeep with 4k gold coins, which is 4 weeks rent and about an hour of farming mobs.
    So once every 4 weeks you need to farm gold coins for about an hour to keep the house.
    Not doing that is a choice.
    I agree that a notice like " your house rent stash is at 3k" when you enter the game may be a nice reminder, but with such ease for upkeep...
    I feel that people 'loosing' their houses is more of a artefact of the slowness of the game right now. When you are active the coins and upkeep checking would be easy and hardly noticed.

@OlivePit said in Plot unkeep:

Intended
    You can stock the house upkeep with 4k gold coins, which is 4 weeks rent and about an hour of farming mobs.
    So once every 4 weeks you need to farm gold coins for about an hour to keep the house.
    Not doing that is a choice.
    I agree that a notice like " your house rent stash is at 3k" when you enter the game may be a nice reminder, but with such ease for upkeep...
    I feel that people 'loosing' their houses is more of a artefact of the slowness of the game right now. When you are active the coins and upkeep checking would be easy and hardly noticed.

I agree, but imo plot should remain with all buildings and other players shoul be able to buy it with all stuff if unkeep wasn't payed on time 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jacenson

I think it would be an interesting aspect of acquiring plots if the buildings/additions stayed. The Fractured team could put gold value standard on each building/addition that can be added to a plot, then an individual could potentially buy it for the assessed value. Possibly, automatically be placed on the auction, then decays after 2 weeks if not purchased?

Some ideas.

FLea

No objection here XD

@FLeaLoD said in Plot unkeep:

@Jacenson

I think it would be an interesting aspect of acquiring plots if the buildings/additions stayed. The Fractured team could put gold value standard on each building/addition that can be added to a plot, then an individual could potentially buy it for the assessed value. Possibly, automatically be placed on the auction, then decays after 2 weeks if not purchased?

Some ideas.

FLea

Seems to be very good direction.

• Content Creator

Prometheus already said that losing the buildings and everything is fully intended so that unpaid upkeep doesn't leave a clutter of buildings around, nor does it make it easy for someone to swap ownership by just letting their upkeep lapse, then having their friend buy up the plot(or you rebuy the plot before the decay happens)

This is another purposeful money sink.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GamerSeuss Intended is great, in Alpha I intend to express ideas that the creators may or may not have heard or implement. Hoping to provide them new ideas or options for them to reconsider. I think that is what is great about playing in an alpha game.

House decays was very profitable in UO. In fact, that is how alot of players made their cash. It was a very time consuming job; you had to find the houses decaying by clicking each sign, try to estimate the time it had left and confirming that by going back each day to check the sign, then sitting several hours the day it was to fall because you didn't know the exact hour. You hoped you were the only one but as soon as that house dropped the 100 of hidden players popped out and it was like an easter egg dash for the prizes lol. Fun times 🙂

That sounds both hilarious and horrifying Farlander.
    In any case I do not think that it will be much of an issue in Fractured as you are limited to one house per account per world (arborus, tartorious, synedra), tho I do see people who build cities buying up surrounding land -as they can- and then sell them to players wiling to contribute and defend the city instead of just having leeches. (sadly currently there is no real downside for residents should their attached city be sieged/taken over)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured