Intended or Bug? Crafting tables inside Workshop Building

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Not sure if this is intended or a bug. Crafting tables built inside the "Workshop" building do NOT get the bonus to quality applied from the city research tree. The crafting tables only get the bonus when placed inside their specific buildings. If that's intended, I'm unsure why we would even get an option to build and place the Workshop building.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

same with resident tables

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@OlivePit Well, for the tables on residential plots, that is intended because they are only supposed to be able to craft the higher quality in the city. But I'm not sure if it is intended for the tables inside the city Workshop Building, since those are already inside the city.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Harleyyelrah said in Intended or Bug? Crafting tables inside Workshop Building:

Not sure if this is intended or a bug. Crafting tables built inside the "Workshop" building do NOT get the bonus to quality applied from the city research tree.

Are you talking about the bonus from the 3 researches (+15, +15, +20) or the "shop" bonus (+50)? If you're talking about the former, it's a bug as it should apply to stations in the whole region. If you're talking about the latter, it's for specialized shops only, not for the workshop, which is just a place for "citizen" stations in the early days of a city 🙂

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Talking about the bonus from the 3 researches.
    I have watched my odds of crafting at those and my home tables not change as we gained and lost those 3 researches.
    The only crafting tables that seem effected at all are the ones within the specialized buildings.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I guess that makes sense if the more generic 'workshop' doesn't give the kind of quality that a specialized space does. But it was a good question to ask, just to make sure. I know Olive has been very keen to get the crafting thing sussed properly, and all that stat collection's got to be helping

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Prometheus Ah I'm sorry I missed the replies to this post. By "bonus to quality" I meant the ability to craft an Exceptional piece. The crafting tables inside the workshop building can only craft Fine/Good, while the specialized shop ones are able to craft Good/Exceptional.

I'm guessing that means I was asking about the "shop" bonus? In that case I see it is meant to work that way. Originally, I thought that any crafting table within the city buildings would get the same amount of bonus to quality, with the specialized shops being meant for prestige purposes, which is why I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured