Time of Upkeep of Residentials are not equal at all

• Wiki Editor

Today at 17:58 CEST most of our Residentals needed to pay their upkeep. But not all, some are out of the loop.

We had around 71 or 72 Residentals yesterday.
    39 i had at list who payed their upkeep at 17:58.
    1 payed it at 19:35.
    Around 12 Plots are already vanished.
    Means 20 are out of the loop.

I think that it is related somehow to the being Citizen or not maybe?
    Means these 20 maybe bought there plots before they became citizen?
    I also have a plot who is intime with the 39, but where i know for sure he isn't citizen and it was the first plot that was here.
    Garrens joined today our town as citizen, but bought his plots some days ago and his Upkeep time is in 1 day and 21 hours.
    I didn't asked the other ones, since i don't have any chance to figure out, who is left with paying the upkeep.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This was a real problem for us in Meridian - the upkeep being tied to the weekly turnover meant that people who bought their homes on the weekend had only a couple of days to raise the rent. We lost a LOT of residents, and went into the red in terms of our city level, because folks couldn't pony up quick enough to keep their property.

➡ ➡ When a city doesn't pony up on time, they go into the red and have a week to make good. When a player is late with the rent, their house disappears. This, my friends, goes against all my principles. Just nasty af. 😠

Please fix this for the next test, ok?

• Wiki Editor

@PeachMcD i would even suggest, that personal plots also gets a grace time to pay the upkeep, maybe while they are in debt, all stuff on the claim isn't usable (including chests) till they payed the debt. If they didn't payed after a week, the plot will be gone.

@Kralith said

@PeachMcD i would even suggest, that personal plots also gets a grace time to pay the upkeep, maybe while they are in debt, all stuff on the claim isn't usable (including chests) till they payed the debt. If they didn't payed after a week, the plot will be gone.

Wow! For a 'carebear', you're a bloody harsh landlord, Big K! 😢
    Would you make all the town buildings unusable for cities that got behind? 🤔

Seriously tho - I understand why the rent is payable at turnover, in terms of coding facility, but the way things are now guilds have conflicting imperatives:

1. a need to get residents in order to level up and gain tech
    2. a disincentive to allot housing plots later in the week than, say, Sunday, unless they can front the new residents their needed upkeep. Otherwise, the risk of losing standing looms large.

• Wiki Editor

@PeachMcD said in Time of Upkeep of Residentials are not equal at all:

Wow! For a 'carebear', you're a bloody harsh landlord, Big K!
    Would you make all the town buildings unusable for cities that got behind?

Hey, with my idea, they would at least not lose their plots directly from one second to another. 😛
    My idea is more based on a decaying.
    And yes, i think towns should have similar. As longer you can't pay your debt, the town should decay more and more. I don't mean rank decreasing, since that will stand at the last step for decaying, maybe really some real decaying on buildings, where you have also to repair the houses after you payed your debt.

I know, it sounds harsh, but it would have some needs to care better for the towns.
    And a more long time motivation, because you "have something to do".
    As more varying things you have to do in a game, as longer player stuck on it.
    Nothing is more boring, if you just build up your houses on first day and they stay like this forever and you don't need to look at them again.
    Same is for getting skills, get creatures on 100% and never look at them again.
    Get your Sacks each week...

I am even up for decaying items like the ones you didn't preserve, raw meat turns rotten after some days, roasted after two weeks, packed 4 weeks, per example. 😉

• DymStudios - CEO

@Kralith @PeachMcD the first maintenance due should always be 7 days after the plot is claimed.

Sadly we had a nasty bug the first days where when you claimed a plot of land it would instead tick weekly from the moment the claim was created (the launch of the Spring Alpha - March 31). This meant that if someone claimed the plot on April 5, the maintenance was due on April 7 instead of April 12, for instance. It's because of this bug that you thought that maintenance ticks should be in sync - they're not.

This has been fixed a couple patches ago but not mentioned in the patch log I'm afraid. Sorry for the troubles it has caused!

• Wiki Editor

@Prometheus ahh that explains the different times for plots taken after the 5th.
    Thanks for the information. 🙂

What happens if a player is away from the game for a period of time say for a week vacation? I know in other games I have played that player could put themselves into "hibernation" where things were frozen like upkeep costs until they logged in again.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Farlander said in Time of Upkeep of Residentials are not equal at all:

What happens if a player is away from the game for a period of time say for a week vacation? I know in other games I have played that player could put themselves into "hibernation" where things were frozen like upkeep costs until they logged in again.

You can deposit gold in your claim to pay for up to 4 weeks of maintenance 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured