Flawless Jewels and the Legends - two problems

• Wiki Editor

For first, the changes to the Legends are good in general.
    I like that you need materials to summon them now, instead just running for a global announcement.

But there are two problems that hit for that reason now.

1. Flawless Jewels are needed for the Caster Staffs, the only possible weapon for them right now in the game. If you take out for each summoning of an Legend 5 Caster Staffs, then we will get at some point the problem, that we will not be able to make our only weapon.
      And even for the easy Legends, you need to pay 5 flawless Jewels for a counter value of 2-3 Tales in summary. Doesn't sounds well thoughtful.

2. Because of the need of Flawless Jewels, people started to run each ore node to mine them and leave the ore on ground, so that they despawn and are taken out of the game.
      This is especially a problem, since ore nodes are not town bounded anymore.
      With a respawn timer of them from 4-6 hours, to get ore will be a huge problem in future, if it stays as it is.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Yeah i also think this should be overlooked.

I also harvested the ore myself to get the needed Flawless jewels and left it behind.

So a solution could be:

1. Ore are only despawning when the Ore note respawns
    2. Switch to ingredents to cast the legends without the need of jewels
    3. Make jewels to only drops from creatures and lower the need of the jewels

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I have only had a chance to play 3 hours in this test so far and have 3 types of flawless gems. None of them came from mining. Maybe that is showing they are working to balance this already?

Flawless gems are a very common drop right now. There are mobs like the lich spider which regularly drp one if not two of them.

• Wiki Editor

@spoletta Did it changed compared to before the patch?
    I didn't tracked that, just noticed, that people always mine "our" ore nodes.
    And i am not quite sure, if this drop changes much at my concerns πŸ˜‰

• there is more than one way to get the gems, i think its just that players need to be optimal otherwise they will only be gathering slowly.

• Wiki Editor

@Houngar said in Flawless Jewels and the Legends - two problems:

there is more than one way to get the gems, i think its just that players need to be optimal otherwise they will only be gathering slowly.

I know that πŸ˜›
    But if the people think, they just mine all ore nodes to get gems, even heavy armor and weapon wearing player will get a problem at some point, if people waste the ore nodes just for the gems πŸ˜‰

• @Kralith yeah its pretty crazy how competitive people are getting. but its looking like the game is trending towards favoring big zergs and guild plays so theres an entire group thats going to get out competed. grats on your town size btw bro!!! respect 🀘

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Kralith said

1. Because of the need of Flawless Jewels, people started to run each ore node to mine them and leave the ore on ground, so that they despawn and are taken out of the game.
      This is especially a problem, since ore nodes are not town bounded anymore.
      With a respawn timer of them from 4-6 hours, to get ore will be a huge problem in future, if it stays as it is.

Whoa. I know exactly what sort of person runs rampant over resources, disregarding anyone else, and leaving messes for other people to clean up, in order to get rewards for themselves. They used to be in control of the White House. πŸ™„

• Wiki Editor

@Houngar said in Flawless Jewels and the Legends - two problems:

@Kralith yeah its pretty crazy how competitive people are getting. but its looking like the game is trending towards favoring big zergs and guild plays so theres an entire group thats going to get out competed. grats on your town size btw bro sis!!! respect 🀘

Yeah, not sure if i like the path the game is going.
    But well, we are still in Alpha, things will change if the Devs see, it isn't working as intended.
    And thank you, we try our best to keep the town going. But to say, it is based on a pure Chaos πŸ˜‚
    We tried this test to be open for everyone. That gives us some problems, but i think it is something that also needs to get tested, since most other towns are mostly based just been guild driven.
    Btw. i corrected your last sentence a bit πŸ˜‰

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I think the idea of legends being summoned is fine. They are meant for players further into the game with good gear and higher KP values. As you head into the bone pit a lot of mobs drop flawless gems. The β€œone” time I didn’t get ganked (group of 3), I came back with about 15 flawless gems. The best place is from mob drops.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I did a test with a 1k luck character to see how often I could actually get a flawless gem from mining nodes- for me it was 1/100 nodes. That could just be bad rng luck but still illustrates the point that farming nodes is -not- the way to get flawless gems... hunt mobs. Now if anyone could clue me in on what mob gives diamonds that would be great because I have 50 saphires and topazes 15 rubies, and one diamond. (not to mention countless amythists and emeralds -will we ever get to make staves from those?)

• Wiki Editor

Collecting Coal would give me gems repeatedly, so I can see the problem with Gem needed for world bosses.

If players go around just trying to get gems from nodes, then a change on how gems are given should maybe be considered.

• Wiki Editor

@Houngar Town pvp sieges were and hopefully still limited. IE a max town is 50x50.

I still believe that resources should be region locked. Only if you are a resident of that area you should be able to mine.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured