Coal, Charcoal and Personal Plots

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

So coal is like charcoal's smart brother, higher temperature but you gonna go mine it far in the south (or close in the south, if you're in the south), while charcoal can be obtained by burning wood in a pile, but limits your access to higher level alloys.
    Up to here it's all good, perfect I'd say, low gear obtainable with easy access resources, high gear obtainable with hard access resources.
    The problem now is how to actually get charcoal, for example from the perspective of a solo player: you can't build a charcoal pile in your personal plot, and I'm not sure if this is intended or a mistake.
    The problem becomes again the contested resource system inside a city.
    If you have charcoal piles in your city, chances are someone more greedy will empty them fast and you'll find nothing, and since you can't do it yourself at home, you could end up starving for charcoal.
    If the answer to that is "go get proper coal", then the whole charcoal system (easier to obtain in exchange of temperature limitation) becomes useless for the majority of people (read: those not fast enough to be at the charcoal pile when it's read to loot it before others come).

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

you get so many charcoals from a single pile, contested resources isn't an issue... especially when you can fit 3 of the piles in such a small area.
    If a solo player is looking to get charcoal instead of mining for coal, they could always buy it from the city.

@Xzait it's an issue if you go into your city and find no charcoal piles left, none in stock, and have no permissions to build a new charcoal pile yourself, being not able to put one in your personal plot. 🙂
    I don't know if you can buy from cities yet, but still there no certainty that charcoal will be on the selling list, especially if a citizen can grab the charcoal and sell it or use it by himself.

@GreatValdus Then I would say your governor needs to be more on top of things. There is plenty of space in the city to place blueprints. I have even set up a residential district in the city I am governing, because there is so much space still after making multiple resource stockpiles and building all of the city blueprints, including a second blacksmith (still don't have marketplace yet). I still have about 1/3 of the total area of the city free to build on as well. No reason not to have more charcoal piles.

If someone is stealing charcoal without permission for self gain, then they should be told to be more considerate of other citizens. If they don't leave any for anyone else, even after that, then the governor can always revolk their citizenship.

This is what a player run economy is all about. You will have moles, you will have spies, bandits and trolls... but all in all, you will also have your loyal and trustworthy citizens that you want to keep playing along side and working together with.

@Xzait what you say is correct, or it would be, if you could know WHO takes stuff from public buildings (charcoal pile included).
    The game cannot interfere with real life, so you can't pretend that a governor is 24/7 here to place charcoal piles and to check who steals from them.
    An action log should be added, or more permission levels to allow trusted people to do certain actions.
    Or the ability to build charcoal pilers on personal plots. 😛

@GreatValdus That's what Vice-Governors are for. So you don't have to rely on only 1 person ^c^

@Xzait yeah but still you can't really control everything everytime, you could be farming mobs somewhere, you could be at war, a log system to check what happened when you weren't there would be good anyway.

@GreatValdus I would aggree that a log would be very useful. it woouldn't be very easy to implement though. I would expect that to be a Beta kinda thing. Possibly have a log on all chests, tanning tubs and smelters that only the governor/vice-governors can see?

@Xzait no problem for me if it becomes a planned feature for the future, no need to rush, but need to be considered. 🙂

• Wiki Editor

@GreatValdus said in Coal, Charcoal and Personal Plots:

@Xzait what you say is correct, or it would be, if you could know WHO takes stuff from public buildings (charcoal pile included).
    The game cannot interfere with real life, so you can't pretend that a governor is 24/7 here to place charcoal piles and to check who steals from them.
    An action log should be added, or more permission levels to allow trusted people to do certain actions.

You point out the thing we already mentioned and you are absolutely right.
    Governors can't stay 24/7 on all the buildings in a town to watch, who is taking stuff. And even they would do, they would not see at the moment, what they take, excpet they check before, whats exactly in the storages and chests and compare after someone was on it. For each one who look to it.
    Governors just can hope, people aren't greedy. But we all know, there are greedy people who don't care to be like this.
    A bad side effect is also, if the people made a second character with a name that nobody knows and take stuff out. We have as governors at the moment absolutely no chance to make a sure connection to the name in the town register list. Only chance is to annoy the Admins with questions about who is who.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured