πŸ“œ π•Ύπ–ˆπ–—π–”π–‘π–‘π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π–’π–†π–Œπ–Žπ–ˆ

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As we all know, Scrolls are a magical manuscript that allows anyone to use the magical ability inherent in it. The majority of players choosing warriors in games especially do not use scrolls of spells relying on their physical capabilities. But in the Fractured world we will cling to any opportunity not to die or win a hard fight. I would like to see in the game a profession or a section in the profession, which allows players to create this consumable item, if they have Magic skills. It is possible to create scrolls you will need the ability to create volumes, which was described in one news.πŸ“œ πŸ’₯ 🌟 πŸ”₯ ⚑ πŸ’§
    PS perhaps this idea has already been published by someone, so do not judge.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker i think we'll see scrolls. I hope something like you discover a scroll and you train a new spell. I think the knowledge system will work like that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It could be a good idea, but I prefer it is rare to found a scroll (like, you can only have this scroll in a dungeon, or something else), and not the possibility to craft it.

@Finland Don't know if there will be scrolls, as you need to do some "tasks" to discover a spell. Maybe there will be some kind of spell that are only available via scrolls ^^

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hmmm ... supose need some requirements to read or learn (depent on "scroll difficuty")-ex. sort of vocabulary knowledge or INT stat.

@esher Only a Powerful/ancient/legendary scrolls can be found in tombs and so on
    As the current entities are not of so great power of the ancient, so to speak

@vorch21 The gist of the scrolls is that even "people are not endowed with magical skills ( NPS for example), were able to use them. The same could be added to caste spells and its visual animation.

i'm indifferent on this.

every player can use all abilities they unlock. I'm certain some spells would be more useful and many others wouldn't be crafted. The game is full loot so the idea of looting a few scrolls is appealing. I'd be curious if a scroll could teach a player an ability but the power be below if you discovered it via the intentions of the developers. But then I could see scrolls being used by those that have no desire to explore.

@jetah It will be against the rules of the game. Let's say you just joined the game, you each have a year in the game, he's got most of the scrolls for study and voila and you're pumped.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I like the idea of a scribe-ish profession. Whether it is magical or not remains to be seen, but its always a fun thing in the game for buffs and stuff πŸ˜›

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I would like to be able to write scrolls,at least basic and functional scrolls ,not those OP scrolls that will win a fight ,maybe that they are more like a one chance to turn a fight in your favor

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Yeah maybe something to buff an attribute for a short time. For example:

• Scroll of Intellect t1 that buffs Int by 1 for 10mins
    • Scroll of Intellect t2 that buffs Int by 1 for 20mins
    • Scroll of Intellect t3 that buffs Int by 1 for 30mins

It would be an interesting path for crafting. Scrolls should be coveted but not to the point that they are not used at all. I liked how EQ made spell casters make their scrolls to learn spells (vanilla EQ that is) as it made getting the spells special. It also made getting some signature spells like Ice Comet rare, needing materials from hard to kill and due to farming hard to find alive dragons (once a week spawn).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Spells will be discovered due the knowledge system. The Scroll could be an interesting feature but without touching the spells. I see craftable scrolls more as timed buffs to increase an attribute, speed, regen, school. I hope to not see a profession that can craft the spells for the knowledge system. Craftable scrolls should be consumable items crafted by an incription profession like potions made by an alchemist.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

Spells will be discovered due the knowledge system. The Scroll could be an interesting feature but without touching the spells. I see craftable scrolls more as timed buffs to increase an attribute, speed, regen, schoolo. I hope to not see a profession that can craft the spells for the knowledge system. Craftable scrolls should be consumable items crafted by an incription profession like potions made by an alchemist.

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to craft some abilities. The spotlight says the following:

On Fractured, magical and combat abilities are discovered and learned through a unique process involving exploration, combat, gathering, crafting, and a little bit of waiting time (including offline time).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't like the idea to buy an ability. Plus I think the meaning of that is that by crafting things you will automatically discover new abilities. This would be different from crafting abilities/skills.

@Vengu

cit. STEP #1: DISCOVER & QUEST AROUND
    what are the tasks that have to be performed to be able to start studying it. Some examples of such tasks are:

• Find, interact with, or kill specific creatures.
    • Kill some specific creatures in a unique way.
    • Find, collect or refine some amount of a specific resource.
    • Consume X units of a specific item.
    • Be hit X times by a specific spell.
    • Perform a specific combat action X times.
    • Explore one or more world locations.
    • Rest in a specific location.
    • Craft X units of a specific item.
    • Die in a specific way.

The tasks will unlock the skill. Once discovered, that skill can be studied in this way:

cit. STEP #2: STUDY THE ABILITY
    To start the learning process, all you need are:

• A sufficient amount of Knowledge Points.
    • A blank tome of the appropriate School of Magic or Fighting.

Tomes are regular items that can be crafted by players. Tomes of different schools feature different procedures to be created, as some are made of parchment, others of paper, and several require unique resources on top of their basic material. They can be freely traded between players.

Said this I quote myself:

Spells will be discovered due the knowledge system. The Scroll could be an interesting feature but without touching the spells. I see craftable scrolls more as timed buffs to increase an attribute, speed, regen, schoolo. I hope to not see a profession that can craft the spells for the knowledge system. Craftable scrolls should be consumable items crafted by an incription profession like potions made by an alchemist.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

Results

As we all know, Scrolls are a magical manuscript that allows anyone to use the magical ability inherent in it. The majority of players choosing warriors in games especially do not use scrolls of spells relying on their physical capabilities. But in the Fractured world we will cling to any opportunity not to die or win a hard fight. I would like to see in the game a profession or a section in the profession, which allows players to create this consumable item, if they have Magic skills. It is possible to create scrolls you will need the ability to create volumes, which was described in one news.
    PS perhaps this idea has already been published by someone, so do not judge.

Reminds me of a manga I read lol.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Always down for more tradeskills.

@chrightt I take more ideas from games than from manga, but there's good stuff in there.

I'm still of the opinion that the buffs were in the amount of 2-5 minutes, only for skirmish in one battle, not as a long-lasting buff skills of the players in some MMO
    And yet we still have the ability to attack the enemy with a powerful spell, debuffs(lower defense, attack, speed, etc.) and "fetter" scrolls, which in turn will increase damage, duration, debuff and duration (stun, dimming the mind, freeze etc.) spells

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I join Finland for scrolls used to buff attributes. If we want to learn a spell, I don't want to see it on the market, because people craft them, and everybody can get this ability easily.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured