Guild Friendly Fire

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I've just read the article about parties and guilds.
    Now parties clearly allow for good AoE to target party members and stop bad AoE to be inflicted on them.
    All perfect so far.
    What about guild membership?
    In some games being in the same guild grants the same benefits as being in the same party and I was wondering if it will be the same here or if guild members will have to also form parties to be able to heal and buff each other and to avoid friendly fire (always considering that Good characters will not inflict friendly fire anyway except on Evil ones).

Now since I feel the need to point out possibile exploits, if guild membership allows for mutual immunity between members an awkward situation can arise (thanks Albion Online for my traumas).
    Player from guild A parties with player from guild B.
    The player from guild B starts killing another guild A member, while the former guild A player heals and buffs the player from guild B.
    You do see where I'm going, right?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@GreatValdus said in Guild Friendly Fire:

arties clearly allow for good AoE to target party members and stop bad AoE to be infl

Currently, Guilds are not alignment-aligned and therefore a guild is able to have all three types of alignments within their guild structure. Also, currently, all three alignments are capable of occupying the same city.

@Ostaff and do guild members benefit the protection from friendly fire even if some are Good and some Bad?
    Because in that case in would be like being in a party with both alignments.

@GreatValdus

Friendly fire affects EVERYONE in the vicinity with PvP status turned on. Anyone attacked, automatically has their PvP status turned on. A good player is not able to harm another good player so they are unable to alter another good player's pvp status; however, an Evil player harms everyone. So if an Evil player does an AoE it will turn everyone's PvP status on. If a good player harms an evil player, their PvP status will turn on. So as long as the other "good" players are not attacking the Evil Player and the Evil player is not attacking them, the good players will be safe from the AoEs, however, once those non-participant Good player starts to attack the evil player or the evil player attacks them.. they will become targets of friendly fire.

@Ostaff that's interesting, but when you say that friendly fire affects EVERYONE with PvP status on, do you also mean party members? Or are they spared from friendly fire even with PvP status on?
    Anyway I think I understand that guild members not in the same party and all with PvP status on will inflict friendly fire one another, is that correct too?

@GreatValdus

Everyone.

If you are able to damage other players with your pvp flag popped does this mean if you hit an aoe and hit a player of the same alignment does it affect your karma rating? Or does it only happen if you actually kill someone? I'm hoping that we can turn on the pvp mode to have rp events and spar with mates.

@Farlander said in Guild Friendly Fire:

kill someone? I'm hoping that we can turn on the pvp mode to have rp events

From what I've read it does lower you karma but only by a very fractional amount. The main karma loss comes from actually "killing" the player, which has to be specifically executed.

@Ostaff Hopefully they reconsider this option. We used to have alot of fun just sparring.

@Farlander in fact the idea of an additional sparring flag could be nice, in the future, or maybe an arena where you cannot die and don't lose karma when hitting other players, no matter the alignment.
    But probably right now the devs have other things to do to keep on par with deadlines, so it might stay as an idea for the future, for a more stable and complete version.
    Right now you can go with the slight karma penalty, if you don't go for the killing it shouldn't hit you much anyway, nothing you can't recover with a little PvE against evil creatures, I suppose.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured