Nexus - Neutral alliance city

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

1. Is that possible to create a public city where to give plots only to guild leaders, who will be able to co-own their houses with guild staff/members?
      Possibly where the major is suppose to be neutral to them (guild-less or bind to an economic one, like ironsmiths and miners clans)...
    2. Is there any risk that one of the guilds take the power over the others and the major?
    3. Will town's resources be enough for everyone?
    4. Is there a way to prevent citizens to seize all those resources?
    5. Will be town guards NPCs be enough to prevent criminality, or at least to reduce it?
    6. Does it even make sense for a big guild to join this kind of city, or only newbies and small "party" guilds would take any advantage from it?

The scopes should be having a good landmark for trades and diplomacy (even sociality) in a well advanced city, possible with the help of everyone.

I hope you'll give suggestions too, those are really valuable at this early game stage...

Thanks

• Content Creator

@dallonz88

1. The plots within a city are already limited to it's Citizenry. Thus, if you only admit 'Guild Leaders' as citizens, you effectively limit plot ownership to that leadership, but you prevent lower level citizenry from joining. In addition, you have the ability to Share ownership of a plot, but you have to individually invite a co-owner, and I believe your only allowed 1 other owner per plot.

As to your other points, so far, no NPC guards have been implemented, and it is unsure if they will be. There is very little you can do to prevent another group from taking over your city, that is in fact part of the game planning in fact. You also can't really prevent the seizing of resources when your citizens leave city limits with the full loot PvP system in place. Within your plot or city, your safe, but not external to those environs.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@GamerSeuss said in Nexus - Neutral alliance city:

I believe your only allowed 1 other owner per plot.

That's a huge limitation I didn't even think about... Is there any official info about that I missed out?!

Maybe there won't be any guard, but I do remember of bounty slayers... That will be the "B plan"

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@dallonz88 said in Nexus - Neutral alliance city:

ere any risk that one of the guilds take the power over the others

1. As housing plots are limited to 1 per account per planet, I highly doubt you will have a large number of guild leaders sharing your city. However, it is possible to do this, yes. The governor selects who can be a vice governor (and as far as I know, that is unlimited). Both governor and vice governors choose who can be citizens of the city. However, adding "co-ownership" or "friend" to a housing plot does not make that added player a "citizen" of the city. So, even though they would be able to access the tools and furniture within that housing plot, they would not be able to access any tools and/or resources that belongs to the city.

2. Yes. A governor can be voted out of their position after a citizen wide vote that is available once a month (I think it is every 30 days anyway). Also, as GamerZeuss stated, you can also lose it to sieges/coups.

3. No. Trading with other cities is mandatory.

4. Not at the present, no.

5. As @GamerZeuss stated.. NPC guards has not been mentioned. We do know that there will be npc's that will cater to upkeep, however.

6. No big guild would ever join that city, only newbs and smaller guilds. The reason for this is due to the upcoming implementation of relics and upper tier items that large guilds will want to keep solely for themselves.

With that being said... there are already plans for "neutral" or "barter" towns that governors will be creating that will accept citizens from any guild and will do their best at keeping the city tools open for use. How well they achieve this, is up for grabs.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Ostaff said in Nexus - Neutral alliance city:

1. As housing plots are limited to 1 per account per planet, I highly doubt you will have a large number of guild leaders sharing your city.

I agree, an ambassador between guild officers would be likely better than leader it self...

1. Yes. A governor can be voted out of their position after a citizen wide vote that is available once a month (I think it is every 30 days anyway).

That's fair, I was more worried for a single large guild taking control of the town numerically overwhelming the others (and that would be game-breaker for mostly any kind of town)

Also, as GamerZeuss stated, you can also lose it to sieges/coups.

Also fair, that's way a town like that should become a common asset for the many, to be also a unappealing target of sieges

1. No. Trading with other cities is mandatory.

And that's a good thing...

1. Not at the present, no.

That's a bit worrying, there should be at least a tax for town bank for resources usage...

1. As @GamerZeuss stated.. NPC guards has not been mentioned. We do know that there will be npc's that will cater to upkeep, however.

I was pretty sure I've read something, maybe I misunderstood that part... I'll try to find it again for a better comprehension

1. No big guild would ever join that city, only newbs and smaller guilds. The reason for this is due to the upcoming implementation of relics and upper tier items that large guilds will want to keep solely for themselves.

I don't mean it must be the main town for those guilds, that would be too limitating, I agree...

With that being said... there are already plans for "neutral" or "barter" towns that governors will be creating that will accept citizens from any guild and will do their best at keeping the city tools open for use. How well they achieve this, is up for grabs.

I'll stay tuned

@dallonz88

"That's a bit worrying, there should be at least a tax for town bank for resources usage..."

Yes... its a big problem as it currently stands; however, I am quite sure that the devs have a plan in mind on how to handle this but just have not had the time to implement it. It may be during beta before they actually implement it, and then we will have to make it works properly. 🙂

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

you have the ability to Share ownership of a plot, but you have to individually invite a co-owner, and I believe your only allowed 1 other owner per plot.

I'm still stucked thinking about this statement...
    Do you mean plots can be co-owned with only 1 other person, but still joinable by many? Or is it restricted to prevent that much only 2 mates can enter/use it?

If the first one is the case, that means it's possible to have ambassador as owner, with guild leader as co-owner (and that's the goal anyway), but still other guild member would be able to join the building and use crafting station.
    But there are more questions coming out then...

7: Is there a way citizens guests will be able to inherit the usability of city working stations? Is there any workaround it could work instead, like setting them public or be extendable to citizens' guilds or guests?
    8: Will co-owners be prevented to build their own houses on same restricted area (same planet, or whatever was it)?

Unfortunatly it seems I cannot edit my first post anymore, making these last questions more visible...
    Sometimes is even hard to edit posts in general, they are detected as spam from "Akismet.com"...

• Content Creator

Ok, so when you Own a House, you can have 1 Co-Owner, which allows that Co-Owner to build on your plot of land, it shows up on their map as a home icon, etc...

Other buildings however, are governed by towns, and the Governor can set them to Public or Citizen (not sure what else as I haven't been a Governor yet)

In your Player Owned house/Plot, if you build a workbench, you can set it to You only(which if I remember automatically shares it with Co-Owners), Party, Guild, Friend, or Everyone. This is often how Chests are utilized, but of course, direct trading will make Chests less essential in this regard.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Ok, so when you Own a House, you can have 1 Co-Owner, which allows that Co-Owner to build on your plot of land, it shows up on their map as a home icon, etc...

I think that means co-owners won't be able to have a personal plot...

Other buildings however, are governed by towns, and the Governor can set them to Public or Citizen (not sure what else as I haven't been a Governor yet)

I need to get familiarity with those options too

In your Player Owned house/Plot, if you build a workbench, you can set it to You only(which if I remember automatically shares it with Co-Owners), Party, Guild, Friend, or Everyone. This is often how Chests are utilized, but of course, direct trading will make Chests less essential in this regard.

Got it.

I think that means co-owners won't be able to have a personal plot...

Co-Owning a house does not allow that player citizenship rights. You can co-own as many plots of land as you like and still have your own personal plot. In the last test I co-shared a home with 3 other people... so I think the co-ownership is actually 4 not 1... though what they have at the end for release is up for grabs.

As for permissions on city assets... they are still working that out. Currently there are many assets that can not be shared at all within a city. Some things, such as Forges and Tanning Tubs will probably have a completely different set of permissions set on them as they are very time consuming to use.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I know there are many working in progress, in fact I'm speculating on "how will be" instead of "how it is" (and of course many things will still change afterall).

@Ostaff said in Nexus - Neutral alliance city:

Co-Owning a house does not allow that player citizenship rights.

That's huge!! I really want to know that for sure...

You can co-own as many plots of land as you like and still have your own personal plot.

We'll see if that's "alpha" stuff, or will be released like that. Normally I would prefer to limit plots to give more chanses to people to find space for them selves, otherwise I'm pretty sure best plots will be taken in early game and become frustrating for future players...
    I would like to have many of them anyway...

As for permissions on city assets... they are still working that out. Currently there are many assets that can not be shared at all within a city. Some things, such as Forges and Tanning Tubs will probably have a completely different set of permissions set on them as they are very time consuming to use.

This is more a consequence of the other two points, will become important later on...

re a consequence of the other two points, will become

Sorry, but a lot of that information has now been changed due to the video that Jacabo posted yesterday at

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Ostaff That's great, I think cities like the one I mentioned will become easier to exists!

• There are enough plots for more than just a house-per-guild
    • Guilds cities will be more targettable for sieges then before, because of (potentially) smaller number of people joining them, making them less defendable.
    • That makes neutral cities a good place where people would stock up their resources, and protect them together each other...
    • The risk a guild would outnumber the others taking control is less feasable due to the interests of the many to prevent it happening.
    • Free-for-all crafting stations will give less importance to direct citizenship itself.

I think even big guilds will partecipate, if this city would be built in a middle-area, isn't it?

And if you play a good co-ownership of plots, you can actually live in more then one city (both neutral alliance and guild personal cities).
    Resources will be still a problem to manage to, but they can be "politically" partitioned between city's exponents.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured