Satiety

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I understand "survival" part of it but eating frequently seems like a waste of time/nuisance. What do you guys think? I suggest just removing it and food just be for health if anything.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

hmmm, no.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I consider it a lucky thing that we only need to eat and not drink as well. "Satiety" is an important factor in this type of game play. It is part of the robust, immersive style of game that is Fractured.

Of course I am hoping that with all of the different foods that are harvestable already that we will be able to create different levels of of food types in the future that allow for less frequent consumption and perhaps some types of bonuses as well.

I love that we must eat as well as rest!

Yeah, I actually don't find it an issue at all, and fond that I rarely have to think about it much. They could even increase it a bit if they wanted to really make it more survival-y. I mean food is so, so easy to get, and fills satiety so much, it doesn't even feel the least bit like a "survival" game. My hope is that the cooking gets a bit more fleshed out to give bonuses and what not, making cooks a potential playstyle for people.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Foods like you mentioned could be used for health or buffs possibly. This could be me but the word "survival" and having to do useless tasks drives people away from a game/MMO and potentially higher playerbase.

food will be more complex in the future and even give buffs with certain diets, so scrapping that would be bad imo

I think that highlights something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Many people - myself included - have found things that we don't find to be ideal. However, with this being alpha and missing so many of the pieces that will be in the final game, we can't really see what the complete picture will look like. So, while food at the current moment may appear to not have much substance underneath it, in the end it could be a really interesting game play component when it's all said and done. Just something to keep in mind and something I keep reminding myself.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Esoba said in Satiety:

I think that highlights something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Many people - myself included - have found things that we don't find to be ideal. However, with this being alpha and missing so many of the pieces that will be in the final game, we can't really see what the complete picture will look like. So, while food at the current moment may appear to not have much substance underneath it, in the end it could be a really interesting game play component when it's all said and done. Just something to keep in mind and something I keep reminding myself.

I agree something could come out of it.
    I agree that food is interesting, it is more of the reasoning for the "satiety" bar and is it even needed? Ie think of a game that I have not played in a long time but did it well: Runescape, cooking was part of it mainly for the health rather than any satiety bar.

No.

The system is good as it is. Not to much, not to little.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured