demons

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

so as i have been reading up on the wiki page. can demons come to the human or beast plantets permanently or are they limited to the 4 hour thing?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Demons begin the game Evil. If they become Good, which is difficult for them, they will permanently mutate into Angels and will not be Demons anymore.

Evil and/or Demon players cannot enter most of Arboreus. They will be instantly killed if they try. The few areas they can actually enter will still kill them within the timespan of minutes.

Demon players cannot persist on Syndesia except during an eclipse. They are not instant-killed - they can stick around for more like an hour or two. However, they are heavily debuffed. Tartaros occasionally eclipses Syndesia - Demons can stick around on Syndesia for the entire eclipse with no debuff.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Aye. Demons are meant to be pure-blooded PvPers, and thus are mostly to remain on their home planet except for a few moments of timeout each week. Each planet has its own play style, and thus they don't intermingle on a permanent basis.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I just hope eclypse will be random and not announced in advanced.

If it is planned and announced in advance, then most pve players will plan their play time around this and simply not come online for that period, which will make eclypse events empty and pointless...

I would even make eclypse completely unnonounced even after it begins, so players can only figure it out by beingobservant and - demons noticing they stay buffed after traveling - vice versa, humans noticing demons beimg buffed while attacking them.

Only such playstyle will produce element of surprise and the viability of eclipse.

PvE players being warned in advance would be completely gamebreaking for demon players that would end up venturing on mostly empty syndesia - pointless journey.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Gothix said in demons:

I just hope eclypse will be random and not announced in advanced.

If it is planned and announced in advance, then most pve players will plan their play time around this and simply not come online for that period, which will make eclypse events empty and pointless...

I would even make eclypse completely unnonounced even after it begins, so players can only figure it out by beingobservant and - demons noticing they stay buffed after traveling - vice versa, humans noticing demons beimg buffed while attacking them.

Only such playstyle will produce element of surprise and the viability of eclipse.

PvE players being warned in advance would be completely gamebreaking for demon players that would end up venturing on mostly empty syndesia - pointless journey.

I think you do have a point, somewhat.

But, I do believe you aren't giving PvE players enough credit. Your idea assumes that all or the vast majority of PvE players will run and hide. I'm not so sure that would be the case. I suspect that many guilds will treat it as world defense events. Just because the inhabitants of Arboreus(sp?) enjoy the safety and solitude of a PvE ruleset, doesn't necessarily mean that they won't engage when there is sufficient enough meaning to doing so. In addition, yes, some people will run and hide.

Also, I don't think the journey will always be pointless to make if you are a demon. Many abilities will be tied to activities on other worlds. Some demons will make the trip for reasons other than PvP. Some will, of course, make the trip solely for PvP. But I think that is a strength in the design, and not a weakness. Give reasons to intermingle, but don't force a playstyle on anyone who doesn't want it for more than a relatively short period of time.

It's all theory-crafting. None of us really know exactly how it will play out. We'll just have to wait and see.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured