Anyone figured out what does luck / charisma affects exactly?

• To me it feels like there's no noticeable difference between a 6CHA and a 18CHA toon.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Razvan I read that it affects your rolls... so more likely to evade or block, hit for more damage etc..

Z

• https://fractured.gamepedia.com/Charisma

So charisma is basically for supporters (Leadership, whatever it does) pet users and traders

Luck on other hand "biases chances" - rolls : saves (sucessfully saving against spell aka second line of saves), chance to hit / land CC (secondary line of accuracy) and damage rolls (20-50 dmg weapon deals 50 dmg more often). Formula is like this:

alt text

Also natural 20 CHA increases multiplier of luck by 60%

Its weird to see no difference in survivability and offensive powers with such gap, maybe it was not fully integrated to game yet.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hmmm, I seem to have an idea of how to create Rincewind from Discworld.

• @asspirin
    I am looking at the wiki and the listed calculation is this:

alt text

Am I missing something or what? I made another toon with 610luck and 23% crit chance. According to the formula above,
    triangle_sign = Chance - Chance * (1+ Luck/1000) = 0.23 - 0.23 * (1 + 610/1000) = -0.14
    Biased Chance = Chance + triangle_sign = 0.23 + (-0.14) = 0.09

edit:
    @GorTavaro @kellewic
    After a quick thought, maybe the formula is actually
    alt text

this way, with my previous data,

triangle_sign = 0.23 - 0.23 * (1 - 0.61) = 0.23 * ( 1 - 1 + 0.61) = 0.23 * 0.61 = 0.14
    Biased Chance = 0.23 + 0.14 = 0.37

So basically, without taking in account other luck bonuses (from talents and items)
    6CHA = 0.9x actual chance (23% -> 20.7%)
    19CHA = 1.225x actual chance (23% -> 28.2%)
    20CHA = 1.45x actual chance (23% -> 33.4%)

I think it's WAY MORE intuitive to show that the actual critical chance in this case is 37%, instead of showing 23% crit chance and 610 luck.

• Wiki Editor

@Razvan the formula is

delta = Chance - Chance ^ (1 + Luck/1000)

might be a little hard to see it's an exponent but it is superscript to Chance.

• @kellewic
    Thank you! It makes much more sense now.

For anyone interested, I added a tabel of how chances scale with -100 to 1000 luck.

alt text

alt text

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured