What's your favorite End-Game?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Probably its too late to change anything in endgame in the Fractured world but...

We could just talk about it.
    My favorite endgame is when:

1. a game giving me an opportunity to catch-up other players, it could be a grinding system or any other where you can gather something and/or improve your character/account infinitely
    2. and the purpose of doing this, it could be a more power to the character, more access to the places that i could go or any other purpose of "catching-up" other players.
      So in short, players have something (like more power or access to something) and i want get that too, to do this i need gather/grind/boost my character/account

The main objective of this is to doing this infinitely
    If there will be a good system of catch-up and the purpose of doing this BUT it will have an end then it wont be a good endgame but just... game over.
    The best endgame is when there is no end-game at all 😉

There is a lot of good games that have this kind of catch-up and purpose system but they are ending sooner or later and usually we need to wait to the next expansion to start over gathering/boosting/leveling our characters.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

For me is having something non annoying and repetitive to do PvE side mostly, exploring, events, arenas, battlegrounds but for this game I would add the construction of the city of guild and siege.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@foxs said in What's your favorite End-Game?:

The main objective of this is to doing this infinitely

'Fractured is neither level-based nor skill-based, and strongly rejects grinding in any form'
    There is an endgame, without actually being an endgame, simply because 'your character rarely becomes stronger over time. Instead, it gets more knowledgeable. This happens is many ways, but one above all: the array of abilities at its disposal becomes larger and larger'

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@foxs

How do you 'catch up' with an infinite grind system? if it's taken someone 8 years to get to level 874 with 4-12 hours each day (plus more on weekends) of grinding and i'm starting at level 1, how do I catch up?

• Wiki Editor

@finland said in What's your favorite End-Game?:

For me is having something non annoying and repetitive to do PvE side mostly, exploring, events, arenas, battlegrounds but for this game I would add the construction of the city of guild and siege.

This and an endgame that not feel like usual endgame phases.
    Means you need to get so much to do, that you don't feel to repeat things again and again.
    Possibilities should be PVE content, PVP, Hard tasks where you have to work on long time, Challenges, Archievements, Exploring, Gathering, Bestlists of many kind (lists of different sucess in all available gamecontent).
    For me is a good endgame, when the "game" starts up after reaching "max level".

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kralith said in What's your favorite End-Game?:

For me is a good endgame, when the "game" starts up after reaching "max level".

No levels here 😉

• Wiki Editor

Yes i know 😉
    That was the cause for the ""

It just means, i like to have some starting content, to get a tutorial, some leading into the lore and then just play without some capping thing where it's called "now you can play the hard stuff". The game should be the endgame like "the path is the goal". Means, i want a game that has no "end game".
    I know its difficult to explain, because if you play a while you want to reach something, but that just should be the game itself.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kralith that's a view for common MMORPG not for sandbox ;). You start and it's "end game", but the end game you want does not exixts ;). Prolly the hardest thing in a sendbox fullloot is survive/fight the top pvp guilds (that's the most hard core thing you can do). No lore/ no quests/ no raids. All at the same level from the start. It's just.. do what you want. But prolly you want a game that tells you what to do. Like follow this quest. Do this dungeon to get this. Join this battle to win this and so on. In a sandbox you are free to play the way you like. So gathering for years. Crafting for years. Fighting guilds for years. Killing players for years. There are no fixed objectives. You are the one to find them. A sandbox is a "never ending game" so is kinda hard to find the end game ;).

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Whilst I understand your desire to have 'endless' content, its impossible with the rate at with people consume it. These days an expansion will come out and within the week the no lifers have finished the content and are complaining there isnt enough. The idea behind a sandbox though is that there isnt really a set linear content route but what that usually sacrifices is just that; a path to follow. It also means that it will be repetitive because its grinding. Grinding in nature IS repetitive. Now, if they do the exploration right that could mean practically infinite amount of gameplay time with asteroids and portals to pockets of space but other than that I'm not quite sure how it would be possible to implement what you're asking. Especially when there are no levels or exp involved in the game. Maybe you just mean the acquisition of resources to craft items or the discovery of a new spell? There will be 400 so that is quite a lot to search out.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

being able to farm cosmetics and achievements. gives another cool reason to continue playing the game other than all the other classic end games where you do dailies or keep farming the same stuff.

• Wiki Editor

@finland said in What's your favorite End-Game?:

@kralith that's a view for common MMORPG not for sandbox ;). You start and it's "end game", but the end game you want does not exixts ;). Prolly the hardest thing in a sendbox fullloot is survive/fight the top pvp guilds (that's the most hard core thing you can do). No lore/ no quests/ no raids. All at the same level from the start. It's just.. do what you want. But prolly you want a game that tells you what to do. Like follow this quest. Do this dungeon to get this. Join this battle to win this and so on. In a sandbox you are free to play the way you like. So gathering for years. Crafting for years. Fighting guilds for years. Killing players for years. There are no fixed objectives. You are the one to find them. A sandbox is a "never ending game" so is kinda hard to find the end game ;).

I guess you got me wrong and right 😄
    Maybe i did not explained myself in a good way, i struggle sometimes with my english. But thats exact i wanted to say, a sandboxgame has no "endgame" because the "endgame" is the game itself. And it's true, i search something like this.
    I played MMORPGs and sandboxes, and i figured, that the sandbox kind of game is the one i like most. I'm setting much hopes in Fractured, that i'm able to play what and how i want, that the game don't press me in a predefined path.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

One where new things can happen every new day not the same old grind. Interactions with players that makes things more interesting, not just simple variations of different events. One where I can go "LOL did that just happen", or maybe discover something brand new that was carefully crafted and well hidden from the regular denizens trotting upon the game's land. If I play a game seriously I'm pretty much always in the very top 0.01% or so of the players so it really takes a deep game to keep me interested for an extended period of time since I just master one (as in concepts, understanding game design, playing to top 10, and other multiple aspects) and move on when it gets boring.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured