Housing Blueprints

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

1. Are housing blueprints obtainable in-game or are they only obtainable from the founder's pack?

2. Are the founder's pack housing unique and there are other housing blueprint in-game?

• Community Manager

@idioticmaddog The house blueprints from the founder packs are unique rewards from those packs, but there will be plenty of house blueprints obtainable ingame as well. 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Specter , Thanks!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

And since our devs are very talented, all blueprints will be amazing! 🙂

Just need to wait up some later stage when extra designing begins.

House plans differ only in appearance correct? I think I read somewhere each house will take the same plot size. How is storage affected? Any other differences?

@Farlander said in Housing Blueprints:

House plans differ only in appearance correct? I think I read somewhere each house will take the same plot size. How is storage affected? Any other differences?

Current houses in tests are 3x3, the biggest house is expected to be 5x5.

That said, a bigger floor means more space for chests. I haven't seen anything yet on houses containing "inbuilt" storage, although I wouldn't mind a walk-inn dress room 🙂

I wonder if you can allow others to use the same houses and what about guild housing.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I hope to see guild halls in-game too!
    They can serve to store extra equipment that we can give to new guild members as well as offer a centralised area for crafting stations for guild members.
    Not to mention that they can serve to advertise the guild when other players see them in-game.

I would hope that house blueprints don't only differ in appearance. To me that would be a very big waste. And from reading their faq about "raids" on settlements, I would think that they would also at the min be adding durability to the houses, which means that not only would the material used to make the building change the durability but also the blueprint of the building would change its durability. After all, a shack made of wood does not hold up as well as a log cabin which is obviously made of wood but with better integrity in structural make. Also, I am hoping they will have tiers of blueprint designs which means their being skill or knowledge involved in making higher tier structures. After all, the more we know the better we are able to produce.

Also, I would very much like the building system tied into the crafting system, which I rarely have ever seen a mmo do sadly. I mean, come on.. carpentry is a craft!

I'm not sure you will be able to attack other player housing in raids. However, if you would like to see what it is like when other players can destroy the stuff you make give Life is Feudal a try. I think you will change your mind about being able to do that. In that game it takes hours even days to build, heck even weeks to finish off a castle. It then only takes minutes to destroy.

@Farlander Soundz like bad coding to begin with, a castle should take more than a few minutes to destroy period. If houses are destroyable, I think the durability of the building as well as layers should come into play, An given the offline time, take a min of a quarter of the time spent to build the building to fully destroy the building (where more durable material used increases the time needed to destroy the place). However, the moderator stated in another thread that players will not be able to destroy housing. They didn't say that mobs couldn't do the same though. wink

• I hope the housing system is more like UO, where you cant destroy it but they will despawn if left idle for a few weeks to open the spot to new players.

• Community Manager

@Ostaff Houses can't be damaged. They can decay if the upkeep isn't paid but they can't be destroyed in PvP.

@Ostaff Yes it is bad coding to allow others to destroy/steal your stuff while you are offline. Players don't live in the mmo 24/7. You can't mimic real life.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured