New Player Feedback

• Quality of life:
    First thing I noticed: Login screen has no setting option. (Music was incredibly loud with no way to turn down until after I created a character)
    After I type my password I should be able to hit enter to continue, rather than having to click.
    For the love of all that is holy... Add in some type of "combat mode" mechanic where when in combat, all trees become transparent, and all corpses/trees/basically everything except mobs become non-interactable. I literally have to clear cut every area before entering combat.
    Need a "Recall stone" badly.
    Need buildable portals, Badly. (or long range teleport spells, or just one "teleport by clicking on the big map")
    Why does everything under the sun need a stun... or two... or even three?
    Why does a camp fire require more rocks than wood? I feel derpy running around the forest putting stray rocks in my pocket... "cause they make me feel good".
    Need tool tips.
    Need to be able to R-click to move stuff from one bag to another.
    Need mouse on big map to show coordinates.
    Why are there so many impassible ridges in the middle of nowhere that are 3 feet high and miles long? Serves no purpose, but man are they annoying.
    And Camera control is desperately needed. Can't stress that enough.
    When I press B to open the craft when, it should either: A default to crafting... or B: open the last tab that was used. It's irritating that it defaults to blueprints every time. Or make a 2nd button that opens Just the craft window.

Bugs:
    Logs some times land on the tree, or standing on end, and are unlootable. A good swift kick and they behave.
    Ranged abilities can't go through hills, but spells like magic missile can. This can be exploited against ranged mobs.
    Some times mobs get 'stuck' when they leash, and you can just attack without taking damage.
    When opening big map, it doesn't center on the play, making it nearly impossible to tell where you are.
    All kinds of bugs with the totem: Player can damage it, mobs ignore it, some times if it gets the killing blow you can't loot corpse.
    Trees aren't respawning... but ironically... rocks are.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

V opens the craft window.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This post is deleted!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Fibulator said

First thing I noticed: Login screen has no setting option. (Music was incredibly loud with no way to turn down until after I created a character)
    After I type my password I should be able to hit enter to continue, rather than having to click.

+1 👍 Please, devs. Please, for next test. Thank you.

• @FibS

Thanks for taking the time for a detailed reply. ^_^

At no time does R click move from my inventory to an open chest. Or visa versa.

Corpses decay faster if you loot them dry. ^_^ (had one on my campfire... roasting.)

"the standard move item command in MMOs is shift + left click and I feel this should also be how Fractured implements it."
    Incorrect. The standard is R-click. Shift-click is for splitting stacks. I've played dozens if not hundred+ MMOs. Never encountered a single one where "Shift left" was move item, that I can recall. Though, this is always editable in "controls", which should always be the case.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This post is deleted!

• Those aren't MMOs. Nor high quality professionally made games. I've played minecraft, and heard of Terraria... never heard of the rest.
    So, can't speak to what silly control scheme they use. But standard for professionally made games is R-click to move to "whatever 2nd container is open".

(Nothing wrong with Indie games, I play quite a few. Just saying there is a standard control scheme in professionally made games.)

• for me i hope there is no recall stones ect the game is player driven if you are able to transport goods without traversing the world it will hamper the player-driven elements of the game for me from what i have read up to now on the game it would trivialize some of the features but thats just my opinion 😄 although mounts could help solve this 😄

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This post is deleted!

• @Fibulator
    I complained about ridges and the map in the past. They will be worked on until release.
    Now, we have so many ridges because there's going to be a lot of ganking at release and people who can't read maps fast will get themselves trapped (and killed).
    Trees do respawn, but it takes a long time.
    What's your beef with the camera?

" "Professional games" are not a bar to aspire to for anything; they are merely a reference point for blindly ripping off existing popular games"
    Funny how you say that, yet praise Minecraft in the first paragraph.

• " where A and D are not "move left and right" as they should be"
    That's extremely rare, esp in professionally made games, and much despised. ^_^

I'm using "professionally made" as an adjective to describe higher degree of quality, not junk, made by bigger companies.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This post is deleted!

• @FibS said in New Player Feedback:

@Razvan There's nothing "funny" about that. It would only be "funny" (i.e. ironic) if I praised the endless wave of bland Minecraft clones rather than the original itself.

Minecraft is not the first game of its kind. Anyway, "indie" doesn't say much. Are companies such as Dynamight indie? I would say, no. They are startups, and I hope they are professional when it comes to running their company and delivering a product.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This post is deleted!

• Ok, we've derailed this thread too much, reason why this will be my last reply here. To address your two points:

https://notch.tumblr.com/post/11518566613/happy-birthday-us -> second paragraph
    As a pop term, by "indie" people usually understand "garage studio" instead of "not funded by a publisher". I mean, using the second definition, the term "professional studio" doesn't make any sense as being the opposite of "indie".

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This post is deleted!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured