Mounts - Mechanics

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Here are some thoughts for the developers.

#1. Will mounts be killable? What about the mounts from the forum points/reward mounts?
    #2. Can each character made on the account get a mount? or only 1 mount per account claimed from the forum reward
    system?
    #3. Can mounts be placed into a bank slot? be exchanged? are they bound to account? bound to character?
    #4. If you have a feral mount .. but lets say in the case of a tamed mount... and then give it to another character... does it
    remain 'tamed' under the new owner? or revert back to feral since this animal is unfamiliar with the new owner?
    #5. Can you be dismounted from a mount in combat?
    #6. Are there shrink potions for mounts? Hitching posts? portable bags? How does one dismount? or "Stall" their mount?
    Are there locations for this?
    #7. Can saddles be upgraded? ones that 'enhance' animals abilities? speed? deflection? magic resist? so forth?
    #8. Is there mount armor? Bronze/Iron/So forth craftable?
    #9. Can mounts be resurrected? Killed? spirit bonded?
    #10. Can mounts be 'healed' by bandages? magic? so forth?

Thank you for your consideration.

Sounds like a good topic for an upcoming Q&A session?
    I hope that whatever they decide that there's some form of 'disadvantage' to mounts, otherwise they simply become a 'feature to unlock' and must have, which would kind of be sad. In that case I'd have preferred a smaller world with no mounts instead.

@VyrVandalous said in Mounts - Mechanics:

#2. Can each character made on the account get a mount? or only 1 mount per account claimed from the forum reward
    system?

I did a quick search, but couldn't find it, but as far as I remember, the mounts are account-wide.

You can also change the appearance of the mount by skins, From the pledge pack: Exclusive Knight Armor Skin and Horse Armor Skin

From the foundation rewards: Mount on this exciting evolution of the Feral Wolf! It changes form according to the race of your character: armoured and regal for Humans, wild and shamanic for Beastmen, dark and frightening for Demons.

So it looks like there will be 2 kinds of mechanics which can influence the looks of your mount at least. Also curious about other options like you mention in 7. I have been playing ESO lately and the options to upgrade saddlebags, armour and speed would be a nice feature.

My own personal opinion on the subject:

#1. Will mounts be killable?
    -- killable no, lootable yes (items stored in your mounts inventory space can be stolen)

#2. Can each character made on the account get a mount?
    -- forum reward mounts (account wide), in game acquired mounts (per character)

#3. Can mounts be placed into a bank slot? be exchanged? are they bound to account? bound to character?
    -- no, no, yes, yes (with exception of forum reward mounts, and possibly cash shop mounts)

#4. If you have a feral mount .. but lets say in the case of a tamed mount... and then give it to another character...
    -- you can't trade in game acquired mounts to another character

#5. Can you be dismounted from a mount in combat?
    -- yes (you should be)

#6. Are there shrink potions for mounts? Hitching posts? portable bags? How does one dismount? or "Stall" their mount?
    Are there locations for this?
    -- no, why not (if mounts will require food/water), (some) mounts will have own inventory space), by pressing appropriate key xD, stall? you stop moving by clicking on ground near your characterxD

#7. Can saddles be upgraded? ones that 'enhance' animals abilities? speed? deflection? magic resist? so forth?
    -- depending on if it's something combat oriented or P2W (then no), see previous comment, i think all mounts will have same speed, i don't think mounts will have combat skills, or be upgradable in such way.

#8. Is there mount armor? Bronze/Iron/So forth craftable?
    -- I don't think mounts will be upgradable combat wise

#9. Can mounts be resurrected? Killed? spirit bonded?
    -- don't think mounts will be killable, they will only be lootable

#10. Can mounts be 'healed' by bandages? magic? so forth?
    -- mounts will not be recieving any damage

Above is ofc. only my personal opinion. 😉 We will see what we get.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Instead I hope the "taming profession" will be a fact, so mounts can be traded, selled, killed, and so on. I do remember that in UO this was one of my fav aspects: exploring and searching for rare mounts across the map. Hope to do it again.

• @Gothix said in Mounts - Mechanics:

-- no, no, yes, yes (with exception of forum reward mounts, and possibly cash shop mounts)

Why not traded and banked? Just like farming, there could be an animal husbandry profession which raises and sells mounts. Also, in my opinion every non-cosmetic item should be fully lootable. The mount skins should not be looted, but they should only change the appearance.
    For example, let's say there's a mount called "unarmored wolf". If you have the "trained wolf skin", the only thing this item does is to change the appearance of your unarmored wolf to a trained wolf (so you need both items to actually ride a wolf). In case you get killed, your assassin can loot the unarmored wolf (mount), but not the trained wolf (skin). Obviously, this skin cannot be applied when you ride an ox mount (which is a different class than the wolf).

@Razvan said in Mounts - Mechanics:

@Gothix said in Mounts - Mechanics:

Why not banked?

Well it just feels a bit "silly" to store a mount in bank or chest. 😛

I'd rather have stable buildings, where you leave your mount to rest and get food. But then you have to go pick it up in same place, to use it again.

I loved Black Desert Online mount management system. Without the breeding RNG of course. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured