Change Settings outside game

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi!
    The game takes long time to load and its very slow on my laptop. Is there any file I can change settings before entering game?
    My laptop has i5 Intel CPU, NVidia GeForce GT 420M, 4 GB RAM. I read in some Q&A section in game's site that system requirements wouldn't be much heavy, that we could also play the game with a laptop some years old (thats mine). But it doesn't seem so.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@WillDragon I cant even launch it xD

• Community Manager

@WillDragon It's possible your issues are being caused by the server issues as a result of the stress test rather than the settings. Please try again after the issues have been resolved. If it's still an issue then, I'll ask Prometheus if there's a way to change settings outside of the game.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hum, I did have an error message after char creation stating the server had a boom due to large number of players. Ok, thanks for your reply Specter.

• @Specter said in Change Settings outside game:

@WillDragon It's possible your issues are being caused by the server issues as a result of the stress test rather than the settings. Please try again after the issues have been resolved. If it's still an issue then, I'll ask Prometheus if there's a way to change settings outside of the game.

Yeah it could be a server load issue, i was getting around 102 fps my friend was getting 22 fps. We both have systems with similar specs, so i just wrote it off to server load.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi!
    So, I've upgraded my laptop from 4GB RAM to 8GB and now I understand why I couldn't enter game once trying to connect to server. Because now I've managed to do it. And I opened Windows Task Manager to check how much RAM was game consuming when trying to connect to server, almost 6GB, wich I didn't have until few days ago. Well, this game is only for super machines it seems. I'm out.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@WillDragon said in Change Settings outside game:

Hi!
    So, I've upgraded my laptop from 4GB RAM to 8GB and now I understand why I couldn't enter game once trying to connect to server. Because now I've managed to do it. And I opened Windows Task Manager to check how much RAM was game consuming when trying to connect to server, almost 6GB, wich I didn't have until few days ago. Well, this game is only for super machines it seems. I'm out.

16g is the minimum for a pc.

if your laptop came with 4g then it's at least 15 years old or is a tablet.

I have 8Gb on my PC and I had no issues so far.

RAM is not the only factor, if your PC has old / slow CPU this will also cause issues. Same is valid for GPU.

You don't need super computer to run the game, but you also can't run it with a toaster.

i5 Intel CPU, NVidia GeForce GT 420M, 4 GB RAM

oh.. my.. I didn't see this when I wrote my reply earlier today.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
    The NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M is a fast mid-range laptop graphics card presented in 2010.

mate, your laptop was made 10-7 years ago. it's time to upgrade. you're getting to a point where nothing recently released will run. it'll be great for browsing the web, maybe playing browser games.
    even if your laptop could load the game, i doubt it could handle any combat beyond a few mobs on the screen.

including those a few years old.

10 years isn't 'a few', it's a decade. a 'few years' would be 5-7.

@Jetah said in Change Settings outside game:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
    The NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M is a fast mid-range laptop graphics card presented in 2010.

mate, your laptop was made 10-7 years ago. it's time to upgrade. you're getting to a point where nothing recently released will run. it'll be great for browsing the web, maybe playing browser games.
    even if your laptop could load the game, i doubt it could handle any combat beyond a few mobs on the screen.

If 10 years ago you started putting 10 quid a month away you would have 1200 now wich would get you a ace laptop 😛 ... it's why I started a savings just for pc parts in the future, when star citizen comes out I'll buy a new rig lmao see how much I make :]

@Xzoviac said in Change Settings outside game:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M

If 10 years ago you started putting 10 quid a month away you would have 1200 now wich would get you a ace laptop 😛 ... it's why I started a savings just for pc parts in the future, when star citizen comes out I'll buy a new rig lmao see how much I make :]

laptops and electronics are moving much faster than interest. that laptop of 10 years ago was probably near the highest you could get. my pc i built in '13 is getting to a point where i'll need to upgrade it. but my desktop was built with an 8 core AMD, 16gb ram and a 960 nvidia video card. even the video card is nearing the end as some games are requiring more than that to run at a good frame rate.

my mobo and/or psu died on my so i replaced the both. i wouldn't be surprised if just a newer video card could make the system last longer but the new Ryzen are so much efficient in power (think mine is a 230w vs the new sub 190w), plus they have more cores and more threads (as mine doesn't have any threads).

that rant aside, there are plenty of builds online for sub $600 (more for kb/m, monitor, os, etc).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

your laptop was made 10-7 years ago. it's time to upgrade. you're getting to a point where nothing recently released will run. it'll be great for browsing the web, maybe playing browser games.

16g is the minimum for a pc.
    if your laptop came with 4g then it's at least 15 years old or is a tablet.

10-7 years ago isn't AT LEAST 15 years old like u said before LOL 16 GB RAM laptops, sure, they exist for sale over a decade, with a modest price in my country (cof cof). Heck, most of laptops for sale in my country nowadays have 8GB RAM, there are others with higher RAM but the majority have 8GB, not everyone live in same place 😛
    I play many good games without problems, and no, LoL, Legends Of Runeterra, Gwent TCG, Crossout etc aren't browser games.

I bought the laptop 7 years ago thats why I said a few years, like u said, a few years its 5-7.

Goodbye mate and have fun on fractured 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured