Are we going to know the town locations in advance?

• After reading a bit about housing and towns I came to the conclusion I'd rather be a hermit with a house close to some town because this way I can't lose my plot. Open world house plots are fixed. To my understanding this is also the case with town locations. Do we have a map with possible town locations yet? If no, are we going to have one prior to release?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I mean... we have a News Article about the Map, where you can see where everything is (including town spots). Since most of it is not implemented yet though, this of course is still subject to change.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Razvan said in Are we going to know the town locations in advance?:

After reading a bit about housing and towns I came to the conclusion I'd rather be a hermit with a house close to some town because this way I can't lose my plot. Open world house plots are fixed.

That choice depends on you, remember that in the beginning there will be only some main towns, others will be user-generated over time. So, choosing to locate your dwelling far from a city center could give you the chance to became the governor of a future town. 😉

To my understanding this is also the case with town locations. Do we have a map with possible town locations yet? If no, are we going to have one prior to release?

As soon as we will implement cities in the game we will also release an updated map.

I do believe there was a thread trying to band the governor packs into forming something. Might check it out.

• @Eurav That is only the human planet, but thanks for the link.

@Znirf Yes, but since we have local markets, the economy will eventually center in the big hubs. A year after release a house plot near a big hub will probably be a lot more expensive than one far from one (if the game will allow some sort of house plot transfer). Anyway, will there be warehouses in towns? Does anything happen to them after a siege? If not, and we can only store materials in chests from our houses, are these house plots safe spaces? (on demon planet I mean). I read that people can walk on your plot, but nothing about PVP/PK rules (demon planet again) and frankly it would be quite frustrating to get killed on your plot while crafting.

@Farlander Thanks for the tip. That would be a good start indeed.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Znirf Anyway, will there be warehouses in towns? Does anything happen to them after a siege? If not, and we can only store materials in chests from our houses, are these house plots safe spaces? (on demon planet I mean). I read that people can walk on your plot, but nothing about PVP/PK rules (demon planet again) and frankly it would be quite frustrating to get killed on your plot while crafting.

Yes, certainly there will be banks and warehouses for storing resources but we still don't have a detailed design for this kind of mechanics since it's something that we will implement later. If you want to take a look, here we already discussed about sieges and city attacks. 🙂

• You mentioned in that thread how
    @Znirf said in Town Sieges:

The most important things that you will need for in-game progression will be the equipment crafted in the city buildings.

At least so far we can have crafting stations on our hermit plots. Will these be removed? Will there be more advanced advanced crafting stations (or with certain bonuses, such as return rate in Albion) in towns? Do you guys already have a vision about these things?

You mentioned in that thread how
    @Znirf said in Town Sieges:

The most important things that you will need for in-game progression will be the equipment crafted in the city buildings.

At least so far we can have crafting stations on our hermit plots. Will these be removed? Will there be more advanced advanced crafting stations (or with certain bonuses, such as return rate in Albion) in towns? Do you guys already have a vision about these things?

A blacksmith for example will be something that needs the effort of several people in town to create. I assume more of those buildings will be created by the time we become live. Hermits will be able to produce the bare necessities to survive (basic weapons, food, armour, like it is now in alpha on your own plot) but will have to visit a town or trade for better stuff like metal weapons and armour.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured