Owlsane's Feedback / Suggestion / Questions about Alpha 2 - Test 2

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Hello,

So first, it's been a very long time since the last time i went into the game for testing stuff. I have no clue of the known bugs and didn't checked on the forums (it would take me to much time to scroll and read every topic about it). So even if issues that i address is known and told 36000 times i'll adress is anyway.

I'll keep this topic updated the more i spend time on the game to check stuff. I rather centralise everything in one topic and on the main post rather than having 36000 topics / post from me. I'll edit in a way that everything new from me will be visible easily.

Here is my PC specs that i used for testing (4y/o computer):

• CPU => Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GhZ
    • GPU => Asus GTX 970
    • RAM memory => 16Go
    • SSD memory => 256Go
    • Main screen => Dell S2417DG 24'' 1440p 144HZ / Secondary screen => AOC G2460F 24'' 1080p 144Hz

Also sorry in advance for any english mistakes that can make your eyes bleeding...

Tech upgrade

-Nothing to say about the launcher, it launches smoothly and i got no issues logging in the game.

-About framerate i runned in 1080p sceen resolution only and did play little time at max quality. Framerates weren't very stable during action, most of the time i get around 45fps and sometimes it spikes a 60fps (settings capping my game at 60fps). Now with min quality, it run smoothly at 60fps but still gets spikes around 45 fps when i do actions. In both situation i get a drop of framerates whenever a mob spawns nearby my character.

-When i do movement action, i get strips running from top to bottom constantly. Thoses blurs a little the vision. Nothing serious but uncomfortable anyway.

The first iteration of Knowledge System

-The overall idea of the system is good imo. Any ressource harvested and mob killed for the first time gives you KP. For me we can stick with this mechanic and add gain of KP from crafting items / building houses / etc everything when it's done for the first time.

-At the early stage of this system we have only new spells and infos about mob stats. Maybe you already thought about what i will propose but how about adding bonus to damage, damage reduction, cc reduction against the specific mob / info about drop rates / locations / etc...

Example :

• 1st mob killed => HP, Endurance, Mana, gain of knowledge points
    • 10% of knowledge => resistances and weakness+other stats (+1 new skill)
    • 25% of knowledge => location of the mob (+1 new skill)
    • 50% of knowledge => 50% damage increase, 10% damage reduction, 10% cc reduction vs the mob (+1 new skill)
    • 75% of knowledge => drop rates of loot (+1 new skill)
    • 100% of knowledge => 50% damage increase, 10% damage reduction, 10% cc reduction vs the mob (+1 new skill)
    40+ abilities to learn from 23 different foes

-I couldn't test thoses abilities that much even playing 6+ hours in this build. In fact the only spell that i got from mobs is the bleeding strike from wolfes even focusing mainly on the pve aspect of the game and the knowledge system. There is multiples reason :

• Some mobs only gives you 2% of knowledge per kill (and that's from the hardest one to kill) when other gives you 5% (the easiest to get)
    • Some has small hp pool and gets killed after 3 hits and others are raid boss and you need to hit them 100 times
      Some mobs are very common (ironicaly the one easy to kill) and other very rare

I can understand about the idea of making grind people but for the sake of testing the spels i would suggest to make the mobs easier to kill (at least the ones hard to kill) and also the progression of knowledge equal to every mob.

-Bleeding strike

• The spell is weird because tooltip says your next strike is guaranteed hit, crit and bleed but in reality it doesn't behave like this at all. Mobs can dodge the hit and resist the bleed (even if they dodge you get your spell on cd).
    • The crit deals around 50% less damage than a normal hit (27dmg with a crit when it's around 55 with a normal hit for example).
    • The way of how work the spell icon is confusing. At the begining i though the spell was a toogle and every hit would apply the crit and bleed but then when i do a hit i get the cooldown with the toggle animation on.

-Firebolt

• Skill shot with cast time i guess...(i don't have any info about that) but it's clearly not insta cast since if i move directly after launching the spell my firebolt doesn't land at all. Can we get any info in the tooltip of the cast time for every spells?
    • Ping affect this spell hard, high ping means high chance of casting the spell without having our firebolt shot.
    • It supposed to hit one ennemy but i get sometimes that weird animation of the spell passing through my target feeling like it's aoe. Animation bug maybe?

-Magic missles

• I have one big issue with this spell. Tooltip says you shot 1+Int/4 missles (in my case 1+18/4=5 missles) but if i move quickly after finishing casting this spell i only get 2 to 4 missle depending of how quick i move. Imo it's not working regarding to the tooltip. It forces me to stay immobile longer in order to get thoses 5 missles.

-Mage amor

• Working as intended.

-I wan't to suggest 2 things here :

• Adding the range and the cast time for the tooltips
    • Adding a progression for the spells. The idea is, by using this spell, you get knowledge and makes you improve the damage, scaling of cc, duration of the spell, faster cast time, shorter cd, etc. That follows the concept of knowledge system.
    Two new points of interest : Heartwood and the Goblin Territories

-Didn't tested yet.

Handcarts to move heavy materials

-If unfortunately your cart is inside your house the step before building the parquet and you begin to build the parquet, it will be stuck without any possibilities to interact with (move, take items inside, etc) until you completely finish to build your house.
    -If your cart is near a wall and the arms oriented to the wall, you can't take it anymore. You can still interact by taking and deposit items in it.

Other stuff non-related to the main focused content

-We really need to get an autorun feature implemented in the game. Exploring this huge map by continously left clicking or maintaning left click exhaust our hands in the long run. I suggest to set a key press to activate / desactivate the autorun (for example spacebar).

-We have a huge issue around the ressources (mainly the trees) on how they disturb our movement and action. Basically if you're fighting a mob and your cursor is in thoses tree branches/leaves you can't move nor use spell. The game behaves as if you wan't to harvest that tree. Same goes for herbs, mob corpses, etc... it happened multiples times while i was kiting the mob i clicked on a gathering spot and my character decided to gather this item instead of moving. This is very fustrating. I suggest to define the left click for only movement purpose and right click for any action purpose. This way we can't get trolled by trees and gathering spots anymore.

-No way to know if we aggroed a mob that was nearby. Well we know that if they begin to follow us or fleeing that means we aggroed the mob. This proposition is a QoL improvement :

• Make us know when we aggroed a mob by showing his healtbar even if it's full life (like in Albion Online) or any sort of info on top of the mob (like an eye looking at us)

-Can we get a tooltip (life/mana/endurance bar) for the selected ennemies? Like the same as ours showing in the top left of our screen?

-I only see debuff tooltip under the endurance/life/mana bar of our character. Can we get the buff tooltips here too?

-There is something wrong when i wear item that gives you crit chance. In my case i used the amulet that gives you 8% crit chance and checking my stats, i have 7% crit chance (my base crit chance if i'm naked is 0%)**

-Bows feels super weird to play.

• I'm guessing the auto-attack is skill shot based so the accuracy check doesn't apply (never saw a single "avoided" from autos), but since it's so clunky to use, i have arrows passing through my ennemies but didn't get damage nor "avoided" and it makes me doubt about my guess. (check the next point)
    • There is this situation when you left-click on the mob everything hit accurately but when you right-click instead, depending of if you aim the mob or nearby (example my cursor behind the mob) you get the no damage even with the arrow passing through the mob. It happens like 30-40% of my shots
    • I have that weird animation similar to firebolt when my arrow pass through my target feeling like it's aoe.
    • Adding also the very weird auto-attack animation that if i decide to move before my shot is gone, it finishes my animation without having a shot fired
    • Auto-attacking faster than what the bow allows you makes you the auto-attack animation without firing a shot. This problem occurs to every weapon of the game too
    • It feels kinda weird the need to craft everytime arrows in order to auto-attack with a bow. I can understand if you tell me that is for realistic gameplay purpose but at this time every weapon should have a durability thing in order to feel balanced. Also depending of which mob i decide to bang, it will need 2 packs of 100 arrows for example.
    • QoL improvement by adding somewhere how many arrows we still have before running out of ammo

-Housing

• Built furniture in your house can't be moved even if you have the option
    • Built furniture outside of your house can't be moved in some desired spots
    • Mobs and every ranged spells can pass through build houses

-Mobs

• They have a huge aggro range (sometimes more than a screen distance which is impossible to avoid because of that)
    • The desagro range are around 3-4 screens
    • If you hit a mob that desagro, it will aggro you again if you are in a range of 2-3 screen of him
    • Sames concept applies for damaged mobs that you didn't even hit once
    • After killing a woodland whisp, the corpse remains in place until a new woodland whisp respawn, confusing people if it's alive or not
    Questions related to the game

-What does the luck stats do?

Thank you guys for reading and have a nice day.

Owlsane

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@OwlsaneGaming said in Owlsane's Feedback / Suggestion / Questions about Alpha 2 - Test 2:

-Magic missles

• I have one big issue with this spell. Tooltip says you shot 1+Int/4 missles (in my case 1+18/4=5 missles) but if i move quickly after finishing casting this spell i only get 2 to 4 missle depending of how quick i move. Imo it's not working regarding to the tooltip. It forces me to stay immobile longer in order to get thoses 5 missles.
    • All my missles doesn't guaranted hit. Is it affected by accuracy? If it's the case imo it's good and should stay this way.

Regarding the missiles, it feels like they're designing magic missiles to be a channeled spell, so movement or actions will cancel the additional missiles that would normally be casted.
    Magic Missile shouldn't miss, I've never seen it miss when I've done it (not dismissing your statement though) - it CAN be resisted though. The tooltip shows the resistance formula on it iirc.

I think clear tooltips would help this immensely though, as you mentioned for Firebolt!
    Knowing the cast time would help isolate whether it's a cast time or lag, and knowing if it's a channeled effect would help us troubleshoot casting issues/animations as well!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Manaia never said missils was avoidable. Well my statement wasn't clear though. What i meant is that when your missle hit the target it doesn't mean you get the damage output from but yea you can basically having the resist thingy. For me it behave the same way as a miss in that regard and now we need to know what stats get's the the resist rate.

Maybe the spell is intended to be a channeled one but tooltip feels telling the contrary so that's missleading.

• @OwlsaneGaming said in Owlsane's Feedback / Suggestion / Questions about Alpha 2 - Test 2:

Heartwood

The packs of willow wisps in Heartwood is a bit tough solo. Picture 3 mages with magic missile, 12 hits plus they have the healing skill and teleport when hit.

• -What is the Willpower and what kind of bonus it gives?
    -What is the Fortitude and what kind of bonus it gives?

Ever played newer versions of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons ? 🙂 There are three types of "saves" aka resistances to certain attacks - Reflex, Fortify, Willpower.
    For example classical fireball had reflex saves depending on agility - in Fractured its probably dodge save dependant on Dex (but it looks more like melee chance do dodge) which - if successful - lets you evade the fireball or reduce its damage. Willpower gave you resists against mind affecting abilities like Charm (and also answers your question about Magic missiles: check wiki and there it´s stated "The victim is entitled to a Willpower save throw to negate the damage of each projectile")and Fortify saved you against attack with huge power or illnesses and spells / abilities affecting your physical body.

As devs used older version of saves from ADaD (wand, spell, death etc.) Im sure this is the same case.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Added a crit rate issue and my quick 1hour of testing the bow. Everything is on the "Other stuff non-related to the main focused content" section.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Firstable, really nice and comprehensive feedback, I like that.

About magic missiles, there could be a channeling bar to indicate the fireing process, where 1 missile is launch every 0.5 sec during 2 secs for example. Now it was hard to know when you can start moving without loosing x number of missiles.

1. Missile = Instant
    2. Missile = 0.5 sec
    3. Missile = 1.0 sec
    4. Missile = 1.5 sec
    5. Missile = 2.0 sec

Here is old vid from WoW, but still shows the channeling bar in use.

@OwlsaneGaming "Mage amor - Working as intended."

Well, it could be more informative when active, maybe there could be a buff icon next to the mana/stamina/life bar, sameway as debuffs are shown.

And in general the buff and debuff icons should be a little bit larger and that duration timer more noticeable. Maybe there could be a countdown numbers on icons from the beginning or when under 10 secs time is left, and this could be an optional feature.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Tuoni

Well, it could be more informative when active, maybe there could be a buff icon next to the mana/stamina/life bar, sameway as debuffs are shown.

And i exactly adressed this issue on the "Other stuff non-related to the main focused content" section as it's more of an overall issues for all spells and not specific to mage armor.

It's working as intended based on what the tooltip said. Now i can see an issue because this spell can be permanently up until you toggle off (which nobody will do honnestly, it's so free to let it permanently up and you have no drawback of using it this way) or die.

In the balance aspect this spell is wrong the way it is now. It should get a buff timer and a cooldown in order to add gameplay richeness (or maybe a mana consuption per second but i rather make it simple for the moment). You know timing well the moment to use it in order to optimise the benefits of the buffs instead of being a braindead spell that you apply the moment you revive or log in the game and never use it again.

• @OwlsaneGaming To be honest, it takes valuable position in your ability bar - you only have 8 slots. Warriors have heavy armour so they dont need such ability and while its is little better to go mage armour instead of than leather armour, youre 1/8 weaker as you could have one more nuke/buff/debuff/heal instead this. Also you need HIGH Int to actually make mage armour worth it.

Armour buffs could either:

a) reserve some of your mana (so you use only let´s say 70% of your mana pool limiting your nuking ability)
    b) mana shield that costs flat amount of mana per second to keep active (thus making you manage your mana more carefully and also limiting your nuking potential, especially during long fights)
    c) part of damage doesn´t go into Endurance, but directly into mana (again lowering your mana pool - lower nuking potential)

---> in these cases armour ability should be considerably stronger than just "more armour and some mag. resistance"

There sure will be "shield bubbles" that absorb damage, mage armour is different, acts as substitution of physical armour, so imo it´s fine as it is.

• DymStudios - CEO

@OwlsaneGaming thank you for your detailed feedback! There are a lot of QOL improvements we should introduce indeed, from better tooltips to a combat mode to prevent players from interacting with resources while fighting. They'll all come in time during alpha!

@Prometheus said in Owlsane's Feedback / Suggestion / Questions about Alpha 2 - Test 2:

There are a lot of QOL improvements we should introduce indeed, from better tooltips to a combat mode to prevent players from interacting with resources while fighting. They'll all come in time during alpha!

I am really please to know that you are working with interacting of environment and resources during combat situation. It happens quite often that your character stops to gather while animals are chasing. I was wondering, how you are going to solve this issue? Making gathering impossible in combat or tweaking the moving in general?

One option is to move the basic attacking away from the mouse right click button, and maybe taking the place of ability #1. I do not know about others, but to me personally, that right click for basic attack feels weird anyway and I actually try to use that for other activities like moving or interacting. However, this might be because of the weight from games such as Albion and WoW, so I am not sure how objective I can be.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Tuoni or simply left click is for movement action and right click for basic attack/interactions action

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Added Handcart issues in the specific categorie, Housing and and mobs issues in "Other stuff non-related to the main focused content"

@OwlsaneGaming said in Owlsane's Feedback / Suggestion / Questions about Alpha 2 - Test 2:

@Tuoni or simply left click is for movement action and right click for basic attack/interactions action

Having interacting and attacking on the same button may be problematic as well, because the basic attack does not base on targeting something, it is non-targeting activity which works in any situation regardless where is your cursor atm. 🤔

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Tuoni But way better than the current situation.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Prometheus just tell me if the feedback i provide is good and accurate enough for you? Or if you need specific information etc...

@Tuoni But way better than the current situation.

Idk, how you target something without attacking? Targeting is also used just to check the target.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Tuoni by putting the cursor on your target?

@Tuoni by putting the cursor on your target?

Then you need to follow the target with your cursor and if you click you may accidently attack. So if interacting will be on same button with attacking there still needs to be another way to target without attack. That is why in some games you can target with both mouse buttons, but only the other one will also attack.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured