Hello! What makes players most excited. here>

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Hello Fractured team. I dont know about your gameplay philosophy at the moment but i wanna advice something that is like a treasure in game world here.

In games like rpg, arpgs and mmo kinda games there we pick classes and classes have skills. Please dont define skills as "skills". What do i mean?

Theres only 1 game could ve succeed to break that stereotype and its Path Of Exile in my vision. What path of exile did and other games not? If you played path of exile you see there some kinda "skill gems and support gems" system. I dont care about skill gems but imagine about that as a visual coding system inside a game. There Skills and you can Shape the Skills by that Support Skills not only effectively but also visually. You can support a projectile skill and make it goes like 3-5 and its improved visually and effectively. But thats not enough. They added some more like on-kill-trigger on-critical-trigger and on-something-trigger support gems. And that provides combining two different skills into one effect. And its also visually improves the experience.

Here my advice : You can build kinda system like that! but do more and improve it. I mean improve more different code combinations. For example let players "code" a projectile skill and make it visually liquid so now its a chaos-type-damage was and went into liquid damage type* now you can throw it on the ground and it lasts on the ground like 3-4 second but damage is less... etc etc.

Hope you liked my write. I would like to hear your thoughts

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore/

the system works in PoE because there is no, or very little, pvp. once pvp is in the equation then you have to have a means to easily balance.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Thanks for the link i appreciate and will check it,

Yes pvp side of that kinda systems are challenging but none ever tried. I believe its not because of balance issues, i think its because of technical issues.. But well for me, if i had a chance to bring hardcore sandbox elements with arpg style combat which i believe its not impossible i would just do it..

btw i wanna underline something : i dont mean by arpg that hack'n slash is a must. Hack'n Slash is just a type of realism into games that is needed. But Albion online style combat also good but theres such less combinations.(weapons/armors as skills) So my advice is ment to solve the problem that i hope so.

Variation you can create in the game but if you can succeed the player to create variation then you got it. Thats my philosophy

@memokal

there's a few good spotlights, i highly suggest reading them all. you'll learn quite a bit.

the problem with PoE and Fractured is Fractured is getting 3 tiers of spells. those tiers will change how the spell works in some way. that's the core of the knowledge. whereas poe is core to have gems and other gems that modify them in a near unlimited combination. Fractured will have 400 (iirc) unique spells with 3 tiers so so 1200 total.

PvP changes alot of balancing issues. When a game only has pve people tend to not complain as much about systems. However, when you start pitting players against each other then people start to notice imbalances and the complaining starts lol.

• @Farlander But it´s gonna be tedious work, as with 400 (1200) abilities, proper balance is going to be pretty hard, because balance is not about single abilities, but synergies between them. Some combos will sure be imbalanced (for example in ABILITY DRAFT game mode of DotA2 you could pick skills you wished to make some super imbalanced heroes). But problem is if you nerf one ability, the combo causing the nerf will be balanced, but the ability might be too weak to be picked for other builds.

Luckily everyone can make OP builds ... let´s hope only the most OP ones will be nerfed (or some certain combinations of abilities, that might be too strong).

@asspirin said in Hello! What makes players most excited. here>:

@Farlander But it´s gonna be tedious work, as with 400 (1200) abilities, proper balance is going to be pretty hard, because balance is not about single abilities, but synergies between them. Some combos will sure be imbalanced (for example in ABILITY DRAFT game mode of DotA2 you could pick skills you wished to make some super imbalanced heroes). But problem is if you nerf one ability, the combo causing the nerf will be balanced, but the ability might be too weak to be picked for other builds.

Luckily everyone can make OP builds ... let´s hope only the most OP ones will be nerfed (or some certain combinations of abilities, that might be too strong).

Could just make it so certain skill synergies only give a % of what they Normally do to balance said op skills keeping the skill viable for all builds

If by combo's you mean that the game forces you to use certain skills in a certain pattern within a certain time frame, I am most certainly not excited about that.

• @Yitra So far we only know few spells, so im only guessing. But I mean for example Lich + Earthshaker wombocombo from DOTA2. Each of these heroes are balanced, but once they´re in one team ES initiates on enemy team with ulti (destroys all minions nearby + massive dmg + stun ), lich´s ulti (bounces between heroes up to forever for huge dmg and slow movement), then ES stuns some more and theyre either seriously harmed or dead. Together they can make nasty combo (and certainly not only them) and as we can have any skill combination, some combos will sure be better than others whil single skills (components of combo) might be totally balanced. Don´t know how long average duel will take, just hope for no 5 combo abilities K.O.

@Xzoviac That´s what I would do too, but I hope devs will overcome this somehow.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured