Optimistic, but Hesitant

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So this game looks like it has so much potential. It can either be one of the greatest MMOs in history, or it can absolutely flop like so many other "revolutionary" games have in recent years. The concept is solid, but the problem and challenge will be execution. I'm thinking this game could be fantastic, but I'm intrigued by how everything will be set up in terms of items and resources. This is a game that I plan to keep my eye on, but with a mindful feeling of doubt about its construction. I just hope my optimism isn't wasted.

What do you all think about where this could go?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@FrostyWimbly

i have 2 years of post history on the topic.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@FrostyWimbly

It really all depends on how much progression there is for guilds (owning territory/cities needs to be important and constantly in flux) and how horizontal progression works for players.

Am I worried about it? Nah. I am just curious what else they will compromise on (referring to selling certain packs for cheaper than the kickstarter of course).

Any indie project can flop. It is always a risk

@FrostyWimbly said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

@Pluto said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

Any indie project can flop. It is always a risk

I believe that every game nowadays is a risk, as people (in general) tend to have a very small interest curve and expect every game to be for free.

Even games from big developers are no guaranteed hit. It will all depend on if they can deliver the features they have in mind for this game. If they do, I see a bright future ☺

@Pluto : Think of it as seeing your favourite sweater beeing on sale, later on. You never know if that will happen and if they have the right size available then. You need to take risk some time to make sure you get what you want.

@FrostyWimbly So far this game has given every signal that optimism is warranted. That being said nothing is without risk. Personally Fractured is offering everything I am looking for in a game. When I decided to back if financially I risked nothing more than I was willing to loose. I have thrown a lot of time into the community, but have enjoyed that very much. The community has already provided my initial investment's worth. I believe the dev's will put out a solid product. it doesn't have to be 'great' just a nice solid game making good on their premise. This is a good community and I am looking forward to adventuring with them!

PvP (especially GvG) aspect will definitely impact this game a lot. With full loot PvP system and importance of manual travel, control of teritory and GvG will have a huge impact on how everything will go.

I'm hoping this aspect of game will have many details worked out, and that sieges and GvG will have an actual impact, and not only cosmetic one. With many options available for guilds, and for territory control, this can be a huge success.

PvP-ers are waiting for a long time for a good sandbox MMO with an actually good GvG possibilities. And PvE-ers can benefit from this a lot too, the potential for politics, trade, crafting,...

We are all waiting to see all this with great hope. 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Yitra said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

@Pluto : Think of it as seeing your favourite sweater beeing on sale, later on. You never know if that will happen and if they have the right size available then. You need to take risk some time to make sure you get what you want.

I think you know that isn't a valid analogy, but I do appreciate trying to justify it lol. In the end it is just scummy behavior.

Counter argument: Think of it like a tool you are researching and developing. Someone who has backed you through thick and thin and at the earliest hour. You give the tool to them for X. New guy comes around and you give them the tool for .8X. Hmmm. Bad business for sure

To invalidate that argument further, they opened up even more packs for the sale when they sold out

@Gibbx said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

@FrostyWimbly So far this game has given every signal that optimism is warranted. That being said nothing is without risk. Personally Fractured is offering everything I am looking for in a game. When I decided to back if financially I risked nothing more than I was willing to loose. I have thrown a lot of time into the community, but have enjoyed that very much. The community has already provided my initial investment's worth. I believe the dev's will put out a solid product. it doesn't have to be 'great' just a nice solid game making good on their premise. This is a good community and I am looking forward to adventuring with them!

First: I want to ditto exactly what @Gibbx said. ☝ 👍 ☝

I don't have a lot of $$ to plow into gaming, so I've played LOTS of 'freemium' games that ding you endlessly w commercials and micro-transactions, only to be dominated by the P2W whalemonsters. I'm trying a new thing here - paying up front for the whole game, with a level field and lots of room for variety and creativity.

It's your money, @FrostyWimbly. Feel free to lurk and get to know this community, if that will help you decide. We'll be happy to welcome you, whenever you take the plunge!

I think you know that isn't a valid analogy, but I do appreciate trying to justify it lol. In the end it is just scummy behavior.

Counter argument: Think of it like a tool you are researching and developing. Someone who has backed you through thick and thin and at the earliest hour. You give the tool to them for X. New guy comes around and you give them the tool for .8X. Hmmm. Bad business for sure

To invalidate that argument further, they opened up even more packs for the sale when they sold out

but prices naturally drop on manufactured goods. i bought a headset on KS, after the headset was delivered i found out it was being sold for the same price i bought it for via KS but was told it'd retail for more. oh well.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

but prices naturally drop on manufactured goods. i bought a headset on KS, after the headset was delivered i found out it was being sold for the same price i bought it for via KS but was told it'd retail for more. oh well.

Interestingly, fractured is not a manufactured good. It is not even a released good or service.

@PeachMcD said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

@Gibbx said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

First: I want to ditto exactly what @Gibbx said. ☝ 👍 ☝

I don't have a lot of $$ to plow into gaming, so I've played LOTS of 'freemium' games that ding you endlessly w commercials and micro-transactions, only to be dominated by the P2W whalemonsters. I'm trying a new thing here - paying up front for the whole game, with a level field and lots of room for variety and creativity.

It's your money, @FrostyWimbly. Feel free to lurk and get to know this community, if that will help you decide. We'll be happy to welcome you, whenever you take the plunge!

Yeah I donated s bit more then I normally do but I wanted the infinate vip, hope it pays off.

And I too enjoy the community, cant wait to have a live server.

Interestingly, fractured is not a manufactured good. It is not even a released good or service.

so the game isn't built? it isn't tested? it isn't refined? while there isn't a physical product being created, it is a digital product and it's pretty similar to a physical item.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Join the club 😛

Let's see what Alpha 2 is like!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah

Hahaha, the naivity here is asasine. A manufacturer does not pre sale a coat for $50 and then offer that coat on pre sale sale for $40.

In any case I have made my point and you are just going in circles for the sake of argument.

@Jetah

Hahaha, the naivity here is asasine. A manufacturer does not pre sale a coat for $50 and then offer that coat on pre sale sale for $40.

In any case I have made my point and you are just going in circles for the sake of argument.

i purchased a headset through kickstarter and when it was sold retail, it was cheaper than i bought it.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Jetah

i purchased a headset through kickstarter and when it was sold retail, it was cheaper than i bought it.

"bought a headset on KS, after the headset was delivered i found out it was being sold for the same price i bought it for via KS but was told it'd retail for more. oh well."

Okay, now I just think you are blowing smoke because your story keeps changing. In any case, physical goods are not digital goods.

One such reason a physical product can become cheaper is they change the materials used and you end up with a lesser product. That or if the technology used within the item decreases in cost (ie screens in a VR headset, cheaper screens equals a cheaper headset)

Bottom line is it was scummy behavior. They targetted certain packs to squeeze more money out of their backers.

No amount of hemming and hawing about this headset will change that lol

@Pluto

The limited Indiegogo discount price is $150 per pair. So apparently it was indiegogo, not kickstarter.
    The quality design of next-gen cat ear headphones by Axent Wear is available on Amazon and Brookstone for only $99.99 with free shipping and home delivery across the United States.

yeah, it happens. this was one example that happened to me. not to mention plenty of people buy items and it goes on sale for a cheaper price in a few months.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I've been bitten in the arse and worse-my wallet, far more times than I'd care to admit... And yet, like an idiot, I keep getting my hopes up and my wallet empty.

So yeah, it's very hypocritical of me to encourage anyone to do a sensible thing and wait, but that's exactly what I'm going to do-wait until the game is beta and you can make a better sense of where it's heading.

Also, please disregard the fact that I have "Immortal" pledge...

@FrostyWimbly said in Optimistic, but Hesitant:

So this game looks like it has so much potential. It can either be one of the greatest MMOs in history, or it can absolutely flop like so many other "revolutionary" games have in recent years. The concept is solid, but the problem and challenge will be execution. I'm thinking this game could be fantastic, but I'm intrigued by how everything will be set up in terms of items and resources. This is a game that I plan to keep my eye on, but with a mindful feeling of doubt about its construction. I just hope my optimism isn't wasted.

I do not blame anyone to be hesitant when we are talking about pledging a game in early development. I blame the industry and especially those failed projects, which have made people more careful.

If I think of Fractured, as long as we can actually see the progression, regardless of few short delays, I am not concerned myself. DS just announced the start date for Alpha 2, which is a noticeable step forward in progression. My advice for people is, that jump in when you feel comfortable. No matter is it in Alpha, beta or live, just remember to keep eye on Fractured. 😉

I've been watching this game for awhile now, and what gives me hope is the commitment of the developers being reciprocated by the community. That mutual loyalty could be great, as it is a great indicator that they will cater the game to their customers. I'm excited for this game, but personally I have not yet bought a package yet. Still too poor for that 🙃

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured