Instanced Dungeons/Raids

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hey everyone.
    I'm coming here today with just a sugestion or an opinion, whatever you wanna call it 😛
    Well, I'll start by saying this, every single thing about this game, from what we read about, is looking completely amazing, but... stil.. there is one thing that, in my opinion, should really be added to the game, that thing being, as the title says, instanced dungeons!
    As probably everyone knows, they do not have and I think they are not planing on adding them, the only thing we have is open world dungeons, but that kinda.. "sucks".. I mean... for example, each time a group went and killed the monsters/bosses we would always need to wait them to respawn, if the group decided to do the same over and over again we would be in a "loop".. that really is not nice at all... look at BDO as some kind of example, tho there is not very similar is the only one coming to mind.
    Instanced dungeons, in my opinion, is a must have for PvE in a MMORPG, without them, the game PvE will always feel... lacking I guess...
    Even the game being an open world game, and I really love open world games, in my opinion instanced dungeons don´t ruin at all the open world experience, and it would also make the game iself more competitive.
    Well I'm pretty sure a lot of you don´t agree with me but I also know that there are other's who share this feeling. I would really love to see instanced dungeons in the game and would love that the team would take this into consideration ^^
    Tell me your opinions 🙂

Best regards,
    Frost. ^^

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I agree, the option for Instanced Dungeons should be available. The PVE world is quite the competitive one - one might even say even more competitive than the PVP world. In games where the dungeons are open world, it allows for players to lose their entire "turn" on the boss or dungeon, because a zerg came in and took down everything. Now, a small group has to wait and maybe lose their turn again if the zerg is still there. This has happened in many, many MMOs, I hope it won't here.

Yeah... That's why I'm hoping the team would consider the option of adding instanced dungeons.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I agree that open world dungeons can become quite a mess if they aren't designed for it. It will very much depend on how the devs will handle them though. For example, if everyone can tag along on a boss and get loot, complete with scaling as more and more players swarm the boss, it should be alright. On the other hand, if it's a system where people need to fight over who gets the loot and the boss has a 30 min respawn then yeah, it's going to be a total mess.

@vengu Well if it's a good system maybe.. But even so instanced dungeons should really exist imo. Diferently from open world dungeons, in instanced dungeons players have to work hard and use their skill to complete them, but if you look at open world dungeons, if a big zerg goes there, there will be as easy as kill a slime, there has no need for skill nor any kind of coordination. And since player skill is something that devs said that would be big in this game, I think instanced dungeons is one of the best ways to put that skill on use ^^

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I like what was done in Vanguard Saga of Heroes, the player doesn't even know he entred a dungeon, that was magic !

@uthere Idk that game so I have no idea what you are talking about ahha 😛
    But as long as you want instanced dungeons as well I'm with you 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I take your point but isn't the idea with Fractured that it sets itself aside from sandbox vs instanced by being fully sandbox? I'm possibly missing a point, the information regards the actual game is spartan to say the very least.

@ghostygu A sandbox game doesn´t prevent from having instanced dungeons in any way imo ^^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I would like to see some safe (instanced) PvE content too..

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I agree with Frost. Planning to do a dungeon/kill a boss, gathering enough equipment for it, putting it into a schedule to have your allies with you, going for it just to wait for it to respawn / get killed while tying to do it would be the worst feeling as a player and make the game less likable for newer players.
    edit - i then realized this is 6 months old still a topic to talk about i guess.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@frost I personally would be against instanced dungeons, I would much rather have open world dungeons you kind of just run into while exploring, I'm imaging something more like the floor boss dungeons in SAO being some of the larger dungeons you can find.

@drunkrussianbear The point of instanced dungeons is teamwork to make it through the mechanics of the game. In open dungeons you just camp the end boss spot waiting for it to respawn and kill it. What's the fun in that?
    I'm not saying to delete the open dungeons from the game, I'm just saying to add a few instanced ones as well.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Maybe they can place a mechanic where you cannot spawn camp the bosses? Perhaps some sort of time limit. Also having irregular boss timers are much better than the standard set timers.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I agree with that point. Infect i also think that players should be abel to make their own danguens for othe pepole to clear (they won't be abel to clear it themself) If we got for a full player controle. Havgin a system avluate the difucltry of the dungen, them giving it loot baced on that. That way you can have pepole who meanly disen dungen for toehr pepole and that will be their expirance of the game. It will also alow to have a competion about best dungen of the moth, hardest dungen of the month etc Well it is just a whild idea i got from reading a manga anyway so not a mush have. Just wanted to also agree with the post point 😛

@miffi If they do it would be nice. But I'd like to see instanced dungeons as well in game. The best part of PvE in every game to me are instanced dungeons ^^

I don´t want them to remove the open dungeons, I also enjoy exploring and seaching for open dungeons spread all over the world. I just would like to see instanced ones as well in game 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

the best choice is give both option, so:

1. instanced dungeons/raid/boss
    2. open world boss (I think is better to avoid things like dung or raid with pvp on because there will be too much trash and things to manage without consider that you should manage also the gank/zerg option)

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@frost Yeah, good compromise. What about some kind of 'instanced' teleportation scrolls? They take a group of players to a dungeon and it mimics the same idea of instanced dungeons but doesnt mess with the open dungeon theme of the game?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Miffi Teleportation ruins the game! that means that players can stand in a city only and grind dungeons. It's way better to force players to move around the map to find dungeons/raids/boss. Just make some open world and some others instanced by entering a portal.

@miffi @Finland They can just make both open dungeons and instanced dungeons, and spread them in the world. But if they don´t want to make that many dungeons, they could simply add 2 options when you got to a dungeon entrance, either to do it as an open dungeon or do it as an instanced dungeon.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured