Open World PVP?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

It would be awesome if the game was fully open world pvp or contains a massive area that is open world pvp with full loot drop upon death/kill.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

1. IS FRACTURED JUST ANOTHER “GANKBOX”?

It’s not. We’ve always felt that sandbox MMOs tend to discourage players who don’t appreciate hostile interactions. Because of this, we have designed a unique universe that will allow you to choose whether to start in a brutal open-PvP environment (Tartaros), a solely cooperative one (Arboreus) or a mix of the two (Syndesia), according to your race of choice. Travels between planets and interactions with other races will be possible, but subject to limitations.

https://fracturedmmo.com/faq/

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

This post is deleted!

• DymStudios - CEO

@hnic the FAQ quoted by @Mata are correct, the latest Feature Spotlight contains additional info:

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-1-three-races-three-gameplays/

If you're very interested in open world PvP / full loot, you should definitely play as a Demon! 😄 Alternatively, you can play as a human and go criminal - on Syndesia it will definitely be easier to target players who are less skill in PvP, but you'll have to deal with the law.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@prometheus said in Open World PVP?:

Alternatively, you can play as a human and go criminal - on Syndesia it will definitely be easier to target players who are less skill in PvP, but you'll have to deal with the law.

Demons definitely interest me - but I would be lying if I didn't admit the allure of dealing with the law on Syndesia - very curious to see just how fleshed out that system becomes and how well it's implemented!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

A criminal environment is really not my style, in the other hand a very peaceful environment is also kinda "boring", soooo, humans ftw ahaha 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in Open World PVP?:

@hnic the FAQ quoted by @Mata are correct, the latest Feature Spotlight contains additional info:

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-1-three-races-three-gameplays/

If you're very interested in open world PvP / full loot, you should definitely play as a Demon! 😄 Alternatively, you can play as a human and go criminal - on Syndesia it will definitely be easier to target players who are less skill in PvP, but you'll have to deal with the law.

I don't know if the law is going to be enough to keep Syndesia from becoming a gankbox. Plenty of sandbox games out there with justice and flagging systems that still turned into gankboxes. I guess it will very much depend on how punishing the law will be, but it needs to be very punishing to work.

• DymStudios - CEO

@vengu said in Open World PVP?:

I don't know if the law is going to be enough to keep Syndesia from becoming a gankbox. Plenty of sandbox games out there with justice and flagging systems that still turned into gankboxes. I guess it will very much depend on how punishing the law will be, but it needs to be very punishing to work.

Yeah, this is something that will likely receive a few balancing passes before it works as intended. That being said, it's not only a matter of "how punishing" the system is, but also of mechanics. We've come up with some innovative ones for Syndesia, which of course will be covered in one of the following feature spotlights! :slight_smile:

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

😮 So it's a possibility 👀

Nonetheless, so many games are catering to the whole open world PVP system without any real base to construct from that it's just silly. I'm glad to see there's some structure and I hope you guys will listen to your community but at the same time, not make the game easier or change major aspects because a minority ask for it ❤

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured