Buildable items for plots

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

There are already quite a few things you can build on your plot, even in the alpha. I created this thread both for questions and hopefully answers, and for people to express their ideas as to what else they think the devs should make possible to build and further personalise your home.

Two things i would really like to see being able to make is gates and some kind of stables. Gates can be a means of protecting all the stone and wood you have gone out to gather, but havnt decided what to use on yet, from other players. They could be lockable or set to allow only friends, guild members or specific people through, by the owner of the plot.

A stables would be a cool way to get off a mount at your plot and display it for others to see.

The only other thing i would like to see implemented for now, is if you craft 2 of the tanning tub things, they have seperate crafting shedules and you can refine 16 leather at once instead of 8 still.

I'd like to be able to build npc guards or minions set traps

If possible build my own dungeon filled with my own litte pets and experiments treasures lich magic artifacts

I would like a small pond and some trees and/or plants (as decoration, not for gathering)

@Xzoviac said in Buildable items for plots:

If possible build my own dungeon filled with my own litte pets and experiments treasures lich magic artifacts

being able to expand your plot with a basement would be amazing!! maybe by gatgering materials, we could dig out our own maze or something and dirt dug out counts to nothing... chew through lots of wood maybe for pillars to hold the cave roof up or stone to build walls so the sides of the caves dont collapse :3

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Giving us fun creative things to do here is good, but the game needs to come first I think. Note, there are some really good ideas here. I could even see a possibility for various other things given enough time. What I don't believe will really work under the current conditions are expanded areas, unless they have a very carefully planned system for that. It's harsh on landmass if they do that too early, after all.

I could see the potential for lots of vertical levels with interaction via stairs or ladders. Which would be an interesting way to set up more room... but wouldn't work as well for the dungeons. If they do something like this after launch, though, it might be possible to start the basement through such an interaction, and then have a larger area not tied to the world above it except via that instanced access point. I see that as the most viable way for the potential for custom underground stuff that isn't just many levels of height.

@Xzait said in Buildable items for plots:

being able to expand your plot with a basement would be amazing!! maybe by gatgering materials, we could dig out our own maze or something and dirt dug out counts to nothing... chew through lots of wood maybe for pillars to hold the cave roof up or stone to build walls so the sides of the caves dont collapse :3

Capturable monsters to take to your dungeon having to kill enough of each mob to know its stats hp other bits of information, once learnt you can capture and place monsters on your dungeons, that can defend your secret
    spoils.

@Yitra said in Buildable items for plots:

a small pond

Need carnivorous plants near it though or mosquito will own us.

@Gothix said in Buildable items for plots:

@Yitra said in Buildable items for plots:

a small pond

Need carnivorous plants near it though or mosquito will own us.

New transformation mummification

@Xzait said in Buildable items for plots:

Capturable monsters to take to your dungeon having to kill enough of each mob to know its stats hp other bits of information, once learnt you can capture and place monsters on your dungeons, that can defend your secret
    spoils.

a dungeon trophy room!! 😮

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Xzait
    Just from looking at what is already available i am pretty sure gates are already planned.
    Tho i don't think we are ever going to be able to lock our land as this prevents other players from being able to access resources or other parts of the world that could possibly be key items they need.
    obviously if we have gates we would get walls, fences and probably other blocking objects like that. So you could expect fountains, hedges and basically anything that might fit the mansion or castle style scene.

The stable is likely 1 of 2 things.
    A vanity item like you want, would be a dynamite purchase so very possible. (they will probably add a lot of stuff like this)
    OR
    they might use it to add extra gameplay to taming & mounts.
    For anyone who wanted to tame mounts, they might then need to feed them at the stable. (don't get your hopes up)

@Xzoviac
    I dunno about "building" them but i'm sure i read mention of using npc's in a similar fashion. (trade & protection, etc)

The dungeon idea seems interesting. They are using unity after all so certainly no reason they wouldn't be able to do something like that despite the game code being against it.

Personally i would like to build myself a dark castle town, so i want so more dark themed vanity items.

I really liked how SWTOR did housing. They were instanced and you could give passes to people to have access. In it was an entire planet map almost. You could decorate it with all sorts of items including even ships like x-wings.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I sure hope I can place a magma pool in my yard... Or a pool with demon sharks.

Housing decorations have always seemed to be popular, not just for the players to sell but the game can make a ton off micro purchases.

I loved DAoC having trophies from boss kills that could be placed in the house. Killing the world boss and getting a head was a great achievement!

@Jetah said in Buildable items for plots:

I loved DAoC having trophies from boss kills that could be placed in the house. Killing the world boss and getting a head was a great achievement!

i wonder if we will be able to put the already implemented wolf, bear and elk heads on the walls of our houses...

"Hunting trophy" house decorations would be cool, to show off that you managed to kill those "hard monsters".

Decorations that drop from hard monsters should be bound when picked up (to the person that actually made the kill, not loot-able by random passer by), and should only drop if kill was made solo (no other damage on mob detected, no external healing on player who made the kill detected).

Get a "challenge" trophy (decoration), bound to you, only if you made a solo kill of a hard moster.

Some normal heads, that @Xzait mentioned, could also be available, and those would be tradeable.

"Hunting trophy" house decorations would be cool, to show off that you managed to kill those "hard monsters".

Decorations that drop from hard monsters should be bound when picked up (to the person that actually made the kill, not loot-able by random passer by), and should only drop if kill was made solo (no other damage on mob detected, no external healing on player who made the kill detected).

Get a "challenge" trophy (decoration), bound to you, only if you made a solo kill of a hard moster.

Some normal heads, that @Xzait mentioned, could also be available, and those would be tradeable.

the game is setup to be solo friendly so that wouldn't work.

to give incentives to group up, group content could give heads of bosses.

@Jetah said in Buildable items for plots:

the game is setup to be solo friendly so that wouldn't work.

to give incentives to group up, group content could give heads of bosses.

Think we have had this conversation before but anyway,

solofriendly does not mean everything in game is soloable, or everything in game can be collected/killed/achieved with out being in a group.

The entire fractured world is built on player to player interaction

People are going to have to group interact guild trade and be part of the world to experience (and loot) everything in game

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured