Dang the roadmap gets me all giddy

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I'm actually really happy to hear A2 is delayed, especially as it is for improvements that will benefit everything else.

Can't wait to try building a town solo or overload my cart 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Definitely looking forward to having a cart of wheelbarrow system in place, but I think building a town solo will be an extremely time-consuming task.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Belligero It had best be. Simply put, one person building a town should be a pain in the butt. I'm all for allowing those who want to spend all their time on such things to do so... but there should be absolutely no advantage to doing it alone other than being able to make all the choices.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Jairone , @Belligero
    Actually i hope it wont be possible to build a town solo, unless you create additional characters.
    That would kind of defeat the entire purpose of the system.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@islesofurth said in Dang the roadmap gets me all giddy:

@Jairone , @Belligero
    Actually i hope it wont be possible to build a town solo, unless you create additional characters.
    That would kind of defeat the entire purpose of the system.

i would aggree. 1 person per house would be logical. towns were meant to be for guilds after all werent they?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Xzait

Not for guilds, just an option where the town can be a guild town over a free town.
    https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-7-towns-governors-politics/

Personally i would like more information on this because there is a potential massive exploit for guilds.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I think outside the Beastmen there won't be much of an issue, because a solo town is begging to be over-run. You'd basically have to be able to politic it out, such that you weren't just a target.

Now, for the Beastmen the issue could become one of limited space, but that's something of a specific discussion and one which could be solved by simply adding an extra landmass in fairly short order.

I doubt that players can run towns by themselfs. It can easily be behind timewall what it comes for building and maintenance even there won't be other restrictions. Moreover, you can not progress from hamlet state for town without having several players settled on same town area.

"When a town area has been cleared of the creatures infesting it, any player can place the foundations of a house in one of the few dedicated lots of land in the area. Once at least one house has been fully built, a hamlet – and a citizen! – are born. A hamlet has no rulers and no rules. As we’ve just said, anyone who can settle on a planet can add his own house to a hamlet on that planet. No specialized structured can be built in it – only residential buildings. If all the citizens of a hamlet leave the settlement or let their homes decay, the area becomes a haunted place once again. If, on the opposite, a hamlet grows large enough, any citizen can present himself as a candidate for the role of Governor. Once the elections take place and a winner emerges, the hamlet can finally transition to a full-fledged town."

However, the key point is this: "hamlet grows large enough"

How much is large enough..? 🤔

@Tuoni said in Dang the roadmap gets me all giddy:

I doubt that players can run towns by themselfs. It can easily be behind timewall what it comes for building and maintenance even there won't be other restrictions. Moreover, you can not progress from hamlet state for town without having several players settled on same town area.

"When a town area has been cleared of the creatures infesting it, any player can place the foundations of a house in one of the few dedicated lots of land in the area. Once at least one house has been fully built, a hamlet – and a citizen! – are born. A hamlet has no rulers and no rules. As we’ve just said, anyone who can settle on a planet can add his own house to a hamlet on that planet. No specialized structured can be built in it – only residential buildings. If all the citizens of a hamlet leave the settlement or let their homes decay, the area becomes a haunted place once again. If, on the opposite, a hamlet grows large enough, any citizen can present himself as a candidate for the role of Governor. Once the elections take place and a winner emerges, the hamlet can finally transition to a full-fledged town."

It was already made clear that you can only have 1 plot per planet per account, so building and maintaining a town by yourself is therefore not possible (unless you will buy so many copies of the game that you can build enough to have one town of your own, but that just plain nuts)

@Yitra said in Dang the roadmap gets me all giddy:

@Tuoni said in Dang the roadmap gets me all giddy:

unless you will buy so many copies of the game that you can build enough to have one town of your own, but that just plain nuts

And if someone does that, I guess then he or she really deserves that solo running town. 🙂

There may be a limit to how many connections you can make from same IP address.

Assuming families should be allowed to play together, limit can be set to... lets round it up to 10 (could be even less).
    You will not be able to defend from an invasion with you yourself trying to play 10 characters at once, and no other help. 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Gothix IP address blocks are useless, see oh so very many games that tried such things and were given the good old VPN treatment, whether over limiting accounts or geo-blocking.

As to the invasions, yes, that will solve any issues with this holding too much territory on 2 planets, on another... that might require something else.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Gothix

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how many meatshields you have. Set up strategically placed accounts that are spamming AoE abilities.

It’s like playing tower defense 😆

@Pluto said in Dang the roadmap gets me all giddy:

@Gothix

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how many meatshields you have. Set up strategically placed accounts that are spamming AoE abilities.

It’s like playing tower defense 😆

XD i dont think you can tower defence even with 100 meat shields when you can only play 1 of them at a time... i hope like fck that there isnt any auto bot implemented in this game... that would be a MAJOR turn away for me at the very least...

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@Xzait

Unfortunately, people are creative with bots. There won’t be official bots of course, but it’s something you always have to prepare for.

If fractured remains b2p, it won’t be an issue. If every ban costs $20, it’s not worth it. But if it’s free...

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

If players are Hard limited to a single housing plot per planet per account, i can guarantee that fractured is going to have a nightmare with bots.
    People will be buying extra copies of the game as if they were permanent carpenters, this really defeats the purpose.

I think simply requiring players to maintain all premises a player chooses to build with severely increased costs for each additional plot is a more reasonable approach.
    This allows people who really just want to build & farm to do just that, albeit they will have to keep doing it just too maintain the upkeep of their plots, else fall to ruin.

@Pluto said in Dang the roadmap gets me all giddy:

@Xzait

Unfortunately, people are creative with bots. There won’t be official bots of course, but it’s something you always have to prepare for.

If fractured remains b2p, it won’t be an issue. If every ban costs $20, it’s not worth it. But if it’s free...

I would say that b2p will of course help a lot for having bots and gold sellers, but it won't totally stop them. Albion was b2p almost 2 years, but gold sellers and bots where still serious issue.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

in my opinion it alldepends on economy of the game. it the economy will be item based like for example in Path of exile we will see almost none or close to none bots and gold sellers. if the economy will be money based for exampl any kind of virtual gold currency then im afraid we might have bots and GSellers. But that also depends on how many ppl will be playing the game and how easy it will be to meet and trade and to actualy farm coins/gold or whatever. Cause if there wont be bog enough playerbase it wont be affordable for botters and gold sellers to even bother and get this game to do this 🙂

@Hashmalash True. Albion for example has very attractive economy system from gold seller point of view, and if DS keeps their vision with Fractured gold, they will have much better starting point and less problems for sure.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured